Shooting Blanks?

I either use nothing at all or stuff it with a wad of Wonder Bread, the same size as a ball. Adds some kick and smoke. At night it's a bit of steel wool for the flame and blast.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Paper wadding can be a fire hazzard.. We shoot with nothing at all..

Or if live shot is being used I use cotton lightly lubricated patches.

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

I usually use cotton patches, but then I also haven't done any firing at re-enactments. Usually, the cotton did end up smoldering on the ground about 10-20 feet away, so keep that in mind. I also seem to remember a discussion about this a while back and someone brought up using some sort of magician's paper that burned brightly, but also completely in a short period of time (ie before it hits the ground).

Coastie :blink:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

That's the advantage of white bread. We shot off a dozen shots in the back yard yesterday and the bread instantly burns up, creating a wonderful kick and lots of fire and smoke with no residuals. It also keeps the powder in the gun until you're ready to shoot. The gun doesn't foul up much either, certainly not any more than it does with 2f in it.

I've tried wheat, but the cheaper the white stuff, the better (more sugar to burn off). We used hamburger buns yesterday.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

We try to use nothing , when possible. Lightly tamped ( LIGHTLY) to keep the powder condensed.

If we must use wadding, we use cleaning patches wadded up, for the pistols. Cannon, a wad of dry newspaper or other available pulp product. I might have to try that bread thing, I hear good things about it.

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands