Rum time again!

Matusalem

A couple of things, first the bad news.

it's been over a year since Pusser's as changed the proof of their rum from 47.75% to a measly 42% alcohol, has anyone noticed this? You can't find the good stuff anywhere. I drink so little rum these days, but I have always looked forward to this once-potent spirit, which, I can recall, was so pungent that the fumes alone were intoxicating. It had the characteristic of an industrial-stregnth cleaning solution meant for hospitals and institutions....yes it was THAT potent. You treated it with respect.

pussers.jpg

On an unusual note, I found this bottle of Hurricane Rum for $19 for 750ml. This is one of those peculiar instances of a New England distilled rum, this one being from Nantucket. The only other such rum I know of is Thomas Tew rum from Newport, R.I. I don not know of any other rums from the United States. The history of new England rum goes back to the Revolutionary War & the slave trade. This is another example of small-batch micro-brewers trying to cash in on the history.

hurricanerum.jpg

SHIP2-1.jpg

Ah, they named it after me. Awful thoughtful, given my penchant for rum. Seems like I'll have to find me some someday. Of course, I'm heading down Port Royal way this week and anything under 62.8% alcohol would be considered a sissy rum down there among the locals. God I do love overproof and cane sugar Pepsi.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Pussers is an exceptionally good rum to my pallet..

As a matter of fact the bottle s empty..Ohhh shame on me..Eagh eagh :blink:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."