Pirates Of The Caribbean 4 Details

Silent

Some franchises just don’t know when to quit. Whether or not people are getting sick and tired of the whole Pirates of the Caribbean thing, when a franchise makes that much money, it’s hard to let it die. We’ve been hearing rumblings about a possible fourth Pirates of the Caribbean movie for months now, but tonight I got an email from the old friend of the site which not only confirmed a fourth movie will almost certainly be happening, but dropped details on where the series may end up going when it continues.

Our source says that Pirates of the Caribbean 4 is no longer just a possibility, it’s almost a certainty. More importantly, Johnny Depp is all but assured to return, though our scooper claims he may end up making as much as $35 - $40 million to do it. Also returning will be Geoffrey Rush and Gore Verbinski as director, but forget about the rest of the cast because from now on the movies will only be about Captain Jack.

That’s right, Pirates 4 will cast aside Will and Elizabeth to make it an all Jack Sparrow movie. That won’t be the only change Disney is planning to make when the series continues though. Our scooper says, “the ending of Pirates 3, the fountain of youth story might not be the only story they might used the next pirate’s film. The fountain story could used in another form to introduce the story for Pirates 4… the next film might be a departure from the same formula of the last three movies as well, meaning that Jerry Bruckheimer could be planning to enter the realm of Science Fiction this time around and it could be the heart of a new trilogy with Jack Sparrow and his crew of misfits. Some of the brainstorming going around involves some Jules Verne type of scenarios involving some pretty big flying machines, a man who wants to rule more than just the ocean, a encounter with the most famous and dangerous pirate of all, a race to get to a lost world (Hint, Hint) and Jack and his crew going to where no pirate has gone before (No, its not space but Disney had made animated movie about this place before with Michel J Fox voicing one of the characters).”

Pirates science fiction? What the heck? The Michael J. Fox movie our source is referring to is almost certainly Atlantis, which would tie in the Jules Verne and science fiction elements mentioned. Apparently we’ll also get more of Jack’s past and his family, which could also mean more Keith Richards. I’d actually be ok with that, Keith was surprisingly good.

Don’t get too attached to the idea of another Pirates of the Caribbean sequel though. Our insider thinks that Disney plans to take a long, long breather between Pirates movies: “word is that the start date could be around 2009 to 2011.” I don’t think we need another Pirates sequel, but if they’re going to do one, giving the franchise time to recharge is probably a very good idea.

As always, consider everything above as nothing but rumor till something more develops. Our source is a proven one, but if we can’t give you our source, then consider anything we tell you as unconfirmed gossip.

Who is the 'our' in 'our source?'

Don't we already have a confirmed, reliable and discreet Disney source around here? (Not to take anything away from your report, Silent, but Iron Bess is about as cool a source as you can get - on several levels.)

I wonder how ol' Keith would do in an extended take? Give him some serious exposition and I'd be curious to see how he'd fare. I thought he was enjoyable enough in the third movie, but he seemed a trifle shaky on his pins somehow...

Still, however good or bad a new movie would be anything that promotes the 'pirate' marquee is probably worth a try. (However, Sci-Fi = probably bad IMHO. Skeleton pirates are cool and have pirate lore back of them (mostly through flags and maroons); mystical fish people are kinda' cheesy unless they're merfolk. Yeah, yeah, the tests proved that the test kids liked 'em. Eh. Balance, does the movie Force need.) :blink:

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Another word of advice....

Don't believe everything your told or read. :unsure:

These people work here on a daily basis and change their minds like the direction of the wind.

As of now it looks favorable,,, however that is NOT counting the possiblity of an actors strike, down time and so many other issues involved.

Everyone has a story.

This is mine and I'm sticking to it.

Mates, you can take whet you like and chum the rest. :blink:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

so....that wench stand'n behind me 'n whisper'n in me ear, is naught really there???

:rolleyes:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

I had also heard there was supposed t' be a Jack Sparrow cartoon in th' plan'n...but I would naught put much weight in that; the vision o' an Anime Jack just don't sit well with me it does naught (big head, long neck, boney body, 'n speaks with a Japanese accent...)

:huh:

Animated cartoons on placemats?!!??

Will technology ne'er cease t' amaze me!

...hmmm, wonder if I can get Reaper 'n Supernatural tuned in on mine?

MORE TIN FOIL! I NEEDS MORE TIN FOIL!!

Hmm...

Terry mentioned somewhere that he and Ted hadn't really thought seriously about a 4th film. It was more of an afterthought. After reading some fans posts and hopes for a 4th... he's been contemplating it.. But nothing more really. At least those were the words from him

So... don't be holdin' thy breath as of yet, mates. :huh:

Granted there be a lot they can work with... still a couple elements in the ride they can still use... but. Terry and Ted... they have other projects to work on besides PotC. :huh:

So... I'm siding with Iron Bess at the moment. And that Atlantis BS is just that. Tis fake. Tery mentioned they didn't really talk about all that and was rather taken aback with hearing that. Rather amused actually, too.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Terry and Ted... they have other projects to work on besides PotC. :rolleyes:

Ya, Like:

Blackbeard - The True Story (he aint dead, he just went home)

Bartholomew Roberts - The Gentleman Pirate

Captain Avery - Crime Does Pay

Jack Rackham - The Calico Pirate

Ann Bonny and Mary Reed - The Sisterhood o' Pirates

Hot Pirate Babes (hosted by Tiger Lee)

The Night The Lights Went Out In Port Royal

The Kraken What Ate Tortuga

and e'ery one's favorite by Capt'n Hitchcock: Parrots

Also let's naught forget we gott'a get this one out o' port!!!

PIRETTES

Now just look what ye all ha'e reduced me t' watch'n;

I had a choice between "Once Upon A Girl" and "Happily Never After", 'n guess what it be I am watch'n?

That's right....I will ne'er be happy again!! :rolleyes:

The Night The Lights Went Out In Port Royal

;);)

I think Patrick Hand already has this story covered, in comic book form.

(I'd post the link to the correct thread, but I've never been able to figure out how to do that. :lol: )

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• 2 months later...

Tonto and the Mad Hatter??? I bet they don't even know th' port side from th' stern! :rolleyes:

'n what good would th' Mad Hatter be if it aint American McGee style anyway, 'n we all know th' movie industry don't have th' stomach t' take on that kind o' greatness!!! :P:P

I was in Tony Swattons shop this past weekend and he gave me a sneak peek at some stuff that he is making for the "Mad Hatter". Looks like they are going all out.

Ahhh... don't' cah love Tony??

He and his partner back then (having a senior moment) made me the most EXQUISIT three metal torque about 10 years ago... Cooper, Bronze and Sterling with sculpted sea dragon heads and with emerald eyes on both side. Truely a sight!

Anyway, yeah, what else would you expect with Tim Burton Directing? :rolleyes:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Hey, I didn't cast him.....

I just baby-sit him. :rolleyes:

You know, I've never been one for babysitting....but in this case, I think I could make an exception. So, gosh, Bess, if ya need a little break any time, just let me know. :D

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog