Pike River Event Kenosha

Rats

MDandRATS1.jpg

Ok so the Pike river event in Kenosha on August 1,2,3 is comming up and myself, Matty Bottles, (Swanson crew?) and anyone else are planning to enjoy the beach!!

01Morning1.jpg

01morning4.jpg

Where else can you camp in a better place?

Now since we are down in numbers, I probably won't bring the tavern set. But we can travel light and set up more of a careening camp!

Here's a link to last years event

Check it out

https://pyracy.com/forums/index.php?showtop...3&hl=pike+river

http://www.kenosha.org/kenevents/events/pi...rendezvous.html

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

sorry ratty oh boy...look like i will be a no show....that would be 3 weekends in a row from home....

1. wisconsin

2. north carolina

3. illinois (for a wedding)

then right back to work on call for the 4th weekend......the wife would tan my hide ifn i was gone that long....

but if (at the last minute) i think i could swing it(if stars and planets aline)(or i cant switch my on call rotation to go to the wedding)...i might be a last minute arival...

but safe to count me out....

this year......

might want to ask Billie and Gwen...they might be around...and they missed last year!?!?

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

The Great Lakes River Pirates will be in full force at the Pike River Rendezvous, naturally.

Our "Pirate City" along the beach will include the usual contingent of tentage, large cover for sunny or stormy weather as well as night time entertainments by Brigands Folie and various visiting musicians. J. Henderson Artifacts will be open during the weekend with only the best hand thrown 18th & 19th century pottery available for sale. Black's Coffeehouse will be open and demonstrating coffee producedure; with coffee available for fellow reenactors and the latest news from the colonies. No less than 4 of our fully armed boats will be on the water for for the weekend battles, including that lovely one in your photo up there ;) .

As always, we are very much looking forward to this opportunity to pile our trade along the big lake & look forward to seeing many of you there.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Well done and well said, dear lady! Only I hope it will be uneventful for Captain Mc... Bruised ribs and a vicious attack/attempted theft by the indigenous natives... Not to mention the flooding!!! I thought I have badluck???

MD... If you could, drop a line to B&G if you can to see what they have planned??? I have no contact infor for them...

Depending on the weather... I might actually setup on the sands this year, right next to the water?

Parking security for the boats???

Wonder what time the tide comes in???

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Thats right...Capt' Mc had to nearly fend off a gang of stick weilding 11 year olds who tried to steal his boat!!!!....with naught but a pocket knife...(a 17inch pocket knife)... battle a typhoon....an ride a huricane to safe harbour....lossin a rib in the contest....

while we...ah...while we...well ok we were in the PUB drynkin....but me tent did blow down durring the night...and i got a splinter!!!...a real nasty one...no it didnt hurt....much....but....oh just forget it!!!!

<_<

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Thats right...Capt' Mc had to nearly fend off a gang of stick weilding 11 year olds who tried to steal his boat!!!!....with naught but a pocket knife

I'm actually sorry we missed out on that little to do... it would have been rather nice running some of them through legally.... sigh...

missed all the fun for some damn pictures that didn't even turn out...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Damn :rolleyes:

I've a wedding I must attend that weekend.

::le sigh:: this year is just NOT my year with events, is it? :huh:

Paynestowne? :::knocks on wood; goes to look at that thread::::

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I am going to be near Elmhurst Ill. this weekend (Northlake) to do some wiring for my sister in the home she just bought. Should I get things done in short order, I would love to come up and say howdy to ya'll. I'm leaving here Thurs. morning and plan to stay all weekend, but the work shouldn't take up much time. I'll be packing light so I can dress out but don't plan on camping. Hope to see you there.

Bo

Double devil!

:lol:

Bo, wish I could enjoy some fun with ye and th' others, mate.

Another time I suppose.

PICTURES! Shall demand PICTURES upon following this event!

See, this be the whole reason for my desire t' move closer to the Chicago and Milwaukee area! So I can be closer to do events such as this!

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Damnation our paths will not cross yet again. Unfortunately most of the crew will not be attending but do look up Rats, he should be there along with Mr. Bottles.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

This was a lot of fun - I particularly liked being ambushed by the Great Lakes River Pirates and then having my corpse scavenged. I also liked charging the rock wall and getting shot by a cannon. And I thought the natives were particularly friendly, in their curious, minimalist native dress and their wonder at our firearms.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

I can't believe I left this out! I met Captain Bo - very nice fellow, very well informed, with a beautiful, beautiful kit. Fought alongside him in a skirmish. Man, his musket sounded like a cannon going off! It was very cool.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Those powder charges you guys use were double what I normally use, I thought it was very cool myself!!! ;) Especially with my short carabine barrel!

But Bloody Jack, ya gotta stop tearing down my bad reputaion! I've worked very hard to earn the enmity and scorn of my peers. :lol:

;)

Lookin forward to future encounters sir!

bo

Most likely Rats but I think he's working so you will have to wait a bit...sorry for the delay but then Rats' pictures are well worth waiting for.

Crewe of the Archangel

Bo, tis no use, mate! Somehow we gain a "good" reputation.

Glad ye gents had a grand time.

Aye, I'll be awaitin' patiently fo' Rats' pictures. ;)

~Lady B

;)

Those powder charges you guys use were double what I normally use, I thought it was very cool myself!!! :rolleyes: Especially with my short carabine barrel!

Well, that might be because they're double cartridges. At least, I tend to get two out of a single roll.

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Yer doing what!?! Mr. Bottles we need to have a little chat...

Crewe of the Archangel

B);):lol:

Why does a kilted Highlander falling backwards and blasting off tree leaves and a weee branch after firing his musket always comes t' mind when someone overloads their charges?

Ya had to have been there t' see it, mates. T'was hilarious. An' quite the boom, too.

Bottles, that is hilarious indeed. Now we knows why ye be bloody mad! :lol:

Careful there, Doesn't appear Sterling be happy about usin' up th' powder from th' magazine, mate. ;)

~Lady B

;)

Just a few of my favorite shots from Pike River, all thanks to K. Garland.

2734243848_a9904e2596.jpg

The Great Lakes River Pirates flag ship Pirata de Lago with II & Catspaw on the beach.

2734244186_9e71054221.jpg

Tantrum anchored near our beach camp.

2733407703_917cb285a3.jpg

another beautiful shot of Tantrum in camp one morning.

2734240660_72a5896cbb.jpg

Captain Henderson & Lt. Garland wait for our trading partners to arrive

2734241514_84ef473368.jpg

Raided while conducting completely legal business, honest!

2734241362_e249f6fc11.jpg

Don't worry, we fought back. Silly soldiers didn't have a chance.

2733408531_a21a60519e.jpg

A few of us take it upon ourself to pilfer the dead.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog