Pirate Master & Pyrates Way !!!!

TheBlackFox

Louie Frase invited me downstate Delaware to join him, his drop-dead-gorgeous wife Linda, Louie's hot sister and beautiful niece at the Seaford Festival on the Nanticoke River. . . . it was a bit tame (as compared to Pyrate festivals like PyrateCon) but we managed to have a good time.

Louie and I got some radio airtime for The Pyrates Way magazine and Louie went out of his way to promote the magazine by giving out all the business cards that I had on me. . .he totally rocks and loves our pyrate brethren.

We're gonna' do some fishing in the next few weeks as I feel the Chesapeake Bay calling me again. . . oh. . .and the beer. . .why fish without beer?

This pyrate hobby of ours has brought some incredible friendships.

• 3 weeks later...

You mean that show CBS cancelled without even concluding it because the ratings sucked?

I believe it was the first reality show ever to have that dubious honor... :)

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

You mean that show CBS cancelled without even concluding it because the ratings sucked?

-- Hurricane

Actually they concluded the series.

They just did it on the web.

uh. . . because the ratings sucked. :lol:

yeah, I was a faithful viewer till it disappeared on me. Who won that anyway and what was the fabulous prize that was promised.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

I was a faithful watcher as well, until they pulled it and tried to watch it online but the feed constantly crapped out...so I never saw the conclusion.

Louie I liked in the beginning of the show but then he showed some terrible colors midstream..and then tried to suck up again..hmmmm not to pyratey in my book.

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

Oh, I just tried to watch the finale online. It stated that I needed to download a media player. I have two of them on my computer, but it wouldn't connect. So, I still don't know the who or what and curiousity being what it is ...anyone know?

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Final contest was between Christa (the tall blonde) and Ben (the "surfer dude" looking guy.) Each got to choose three team-mates from those that had already been planked for their final treasure hunt.

As I recall, Ben was well ahead of Christa for much of the search, but one of her team-mates, Jay true to form, "cheated" (in quotes because it's debateably whether there is a such thing as cheating in such things) on her behalf and got them all to follow Ben's team, skipping finding the clues themselves. This resulted in a very close final challenge of solving a puzzle to open a treasure chest, in which Ben was victorious by a smidge.

Hope that helps!

I AM BILGEMUNKY

• 2 weeks later...

-- Hurricane

Actually they concluded the series.

They just did it on the web.

uh. . . because the ratings sucked. :lol:

I'm sure it had a lot to do with one of the contestants committing suicide after being voted off. Being voted off wasn't the reason, the reason people say was because he husband pasted away and she couldn't live with that anymore.

I'm sure it had a lot to do with one of the contestants committing suicide after being voted off.

Her suicide was after the show had gotten removed from TV. According to wikipedia-The show was moved to web only on July 24, 2007 and (by researching the webnews) news that her body was discovered was released on July 30, 2007, with actual date of death apparently July 27. So, it doesn't appear that the tragic fact of her death had anything to do with the removal of the show from the air waves.

As far as US reality shows that just got yanked off the air and there was no ending, web or otherwise-

1-“Anchorwoman” filmed for five months shown one night (two episodes back to back) cancelled the next day. It was the touching story of a bikini model turned newscaster. (August 2007)

2- "Armed and Famous' seven episodes shot only four aired. The gripping story of Erik Estrada, La Toya Jackson, Jack Osbourne, Trish Stratus, and Jason Acuña (a.k.a. "Wee Man" on Jackass) being given ACTUAL law enforcement powers and then hitting the streets followed by a camera crew ala cops. (Jan 2007, making it pre-Pirate Master)

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!