Pyrate Sketchbooks

Pew

Anyway, I will be ready to send mine out by this weekend at the latest.

No need...

It won't have to go out until August 1.

Take your time. You won't see this book again until next summer..... ;)

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a picture of the front of my sketchbook... I got a little creative with the binding to make sure it would lay flat when open.

PyrateSketchbook.jpg

I'm ready to forward it to Ransom around August 1st... got a message from Kate requesting my address & am awaiting her book around the same time... I keep saying it but I can't wait <_<

Here's a picture of the front of my sketchbook... I got a little creative with the binding to make sure it would lay flat when open.

PyrateSketchbook.jpg

I'm ready to forward it to Ransom around August 1st... got a message from Kate requesting my address & am awaiting her book around the same time... I keep saying it but I can't wait <_<

OMG- I love it! Well done!

Banner.jpg

Ok, I don't have a digital camera...yeah still in the stone age on that one.

SO, for those that need a reference inside the front cover of my sketchbook is a

"WANTED" Poster with m'name and said crimes on it.

GEZZSH <_< I haven't used colored pencils in such a long time.

Anyway, I will be ready to send mine out by this weekend at the latest.

Well since the books you have are going to be coming to me when you're done, I'll take photos of your pages and email them to you. sound cool?

Banner.jpg

Kate blessings to ya

Greatly appreciate the assist and will take you up on the offer. <_<

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

<_< Wow! Pyrateleather has certainly raised the bar on book covers! Awesome job!

A hint for those making their own books, make sure there is plenty of paper in them. You've got 12 players, who may do 1-5 pages in each book. Average number of pages worked is about 3, but one person in the last round did about 8 pages in my book, so you never know. <_<

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Is this the sketchbook shipping order? Or did I miss a post....

* PEW: Annapolis, Md

* Matusalem: Wanaque, NJ

* withoutaname: Brooklyn, NY

* Callenish Gunner: NW Pa

* Lady Seahawke: Columbus, Oh

* pyrateleather: Shawnee, Ks

* Ransom: Gants Pass, Or

* Patrick Hand: Arnold, Ca

* Red-Handed Jill: San Francisco, Ca

* Cpt Sophia M Eisley: Orlando, Fl

If so, Ransom already has my address, and Red Handed Jill PMed me hers.

I think Pew posted an updated list on page 4, which now includes Kate:

PEW: Annapolis, Md

V

Matusalem: Wanaque, NJ

V

withoutaname: Brooklyn, NY

V

Callenish Gunner: NW Pa

V

Lady Seahawke: Columbus, Oh

V

Kate_Souris: Canal Winchester, Oh

V

pyrateleather: Shawnee, Ks

V

Ransom: Gants Pass, Or

V

Patrick Hand: Arnold, Ca

V

Red-Handed Jill: San Francisco, Ca

V

Cpt Sophia M Eisley: Orlando, Fl

V

Pew...

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

HUMMMM....have a bit of time before tis do to be sent out

Ok ....looking at my pitiful little sketchbook :huh:

I must make m'poor sketchbook more presentable.. :lol: .

SoI think it is time that I be heading back to store... :lol:

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

I think Pew posted an updated list on page 4, which now includes Kate:

PEW: Annapolis, Md

V

Matusalem: Wanaque, NJ

V

withoutaname: Brooklyn, NY

V

Callenish Gunner: NW Pa

V

Lady Seahawke: Columbus, Oh

V

Kate_Souris: Canal Winchester, Oh

V

pyrateleather: Shawnee, Ks

V

Ransom: Gants Pass, Or

V

Patrick Hand: Arnold, Ca

V

Red-Handed Jill: San Francisco, Ca

V

Cpt Sophia M Eisley: Orlando, Fl

V

Pew...

Yup, that's it....

:lol:

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Just another gentle reminder — do a few pages of your own art in your book before you send it out. That's much more fun for the first artist in line, rather than getting a blank book with just a decorated cover and a name on the inside. :blink:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Yep, got it! Tis done!

Just redoing m'cover now.

Hoping to make it look purty.

:blink:

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

Pyrateleather has the best looking sketchbook, and is making me me jealous. Hats off to ye, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I don't have the expertise in leather myself, but in keeping with the siprit of the project, I did manage to snarf something from this street vendor I found while walking down the street , and will add some appropriate pirate-like embellishments and my artistic touch which I thought could be applicable to the project. I'll suprise the rest of ye who are involved, when you recieve it in the mail. I just couldn't resist. Hopefully 'withoutaname' might find this of interest since you are in the city , however I might say they are not as cheap as expected. (corner Broadway & Spring)

leather.jpg

SHIP2-1.jpg

Pyrateleather has the best looking sketchbook, and is making me me jealous. Hats off to ye, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I don't have the expertise in leather myself, but in keeping with the siprit of the project, I did manage to snarf something from this street vendor I found while walking down the street , and will add some appropriate pirate-like embellishments and my artistic touch which I thought could be applicable to the project. I'll suprise the rest of ye who are involved, when you recieve it in the mail. I just couldn't resist. Hopefully 'withoutaname' might find this of interest since you are in the city , however I might say they are not as cheap as expected. (corner Broadway & Spring)

leather.jpg

I looked at that pic and went, wow that looks familiar. It could be because I walk down there a few times a week. Too bad I didn't know about the gent before, I ended up customizing one already. I'll have to check him out next weekend just in case I need a 2nd journal to play with! BTW, everything on the street costs way too much. And if you're ever back in that hood there is a great Irsih pub called Pucks Faire that carries Goslings, bangers and mash and pretty good beef stew. It's on Houston 1/2 blk south, and I think Crosby or Lafayette (Off the corner of Houston f/v and 6). Yummy!

"It is more like I am transitioning from a pirate hobby to the pirate lifestyle"- me

pub_footer.jpg

Ok, just finished restyling the cover of m'sketchbook. Now it isn't all that, not near what some of you have. :blink:

Just a little decoration on the edges and such. I had a time with getting the leather lacing through those small holes. BUT, I got it done! :unsure: I made sure that I didn't get it too tight and I left extra so if it needs to be loosen it can be.

But, at least it isn't just a plain cover anymore.

OH, if one of ya want to add anything to the back of it...be my guest. :unsure:

Well, I am SO looking forward to this.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

Well I decided to send the book I made with the sketchbook paper, not the handmade paper....can't part with it, it turned out so pretty! I'm going to work on my art for the first few pages and then will mail it out end of this week, early next week. :)

Banner.jpg

Okay, for the record, here is the cover of my journal, which will be going out to Patrick tomorrow.

100_2576.jpg

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Ok- I am going to go ahead and send my book out to pyrateleather tomorrow or Wednesday (depending on how the day goes at work each day).

Just to clarify....whatever book we get, we send to the same person each time? So I am going to be sending each book I recieve from LadySeahawk, to pyrateleather....correct?

Banner.jpg

Do to current work and life demand, my book will go out on Monday 8/4- I am just swamped this week- but I wanted to keep Callenish Gunner in the know- I will send 2 day and PM as soon as it goes out.

Behold:

book.jpg

"It is more like I am transitioning from a pirate hobby to the pirate lifestyle"- me

pub_footer.jpg

Is the list closed? please someone tell me I have way too much work to do...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

List is closed and John, you have TOO much work to do as it is. If I thought I could forbid you and have it do any good I would but you will do as you wish ...always have. Luckily the list is CLOSED! Now go work on one of your 20 other projects.