Pyrate Sketchbooks

Pew

Jill's book is done, and I will be mailing it to Patrick when I head into town on Friday.

And Jill's sketchbook is the last one for me this round..... ;)

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still nothing

unsure.gif

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

I received Red Handed Jill's sketchbook yesterday (it arrived on Tuesday but Carol picked it up from the Post Office and forgot got give it to me then... :lol: )

Now to decide wot to draw in it.....

sad.gif still nothing!

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

It was mailed last Tuesday and went out priority mail ...unless your address has changed since the last time I sent a package to you it should have arrived by Friday or Saturday at the latest ...I'll start a tracking at my local post office first thing in the AM

no ...no address change. GAWD hope it didn't get lost in the mail

unsure.gif

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

still nadasad.gif

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

I did Patrick's book today. I had SO MUCH FUN doing this book, and it worked out perfect that I am the last one to do artwork in it. I will mail it home tomorrow. That's the last book for me in this round. Whew!

I will also keep my fingers and toes crossed that no books have gotten lost in the postal twilight zone! :rolleyes:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

lady,

i dont know where or why the damnable package has not showen up, I sent them on tues the 19th and am trying to track them on my end. let me know when they get there, assuming they shall.

Salty

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

My book arrived yesterday.

IIRC, Cass and Kate are the only two artists waiting on there original books?

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Does anyone know Matusalum personally, or live close to him, so we could find out what happen to Cal's book? Has anyone heard from him at all, at any events or anything? We need to get Cal's book home!

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Patrick, your book is on its way home. I paid extra for a tracking number, just to be safe! ;=}

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I know that I sent them off 10 days ago by priority mail, Salty took them into the PO but forgot to get delivery confirmation ticket so they said they can't track them. I will admit that this round was not fun when I wouldn't see or hear anything for 4-6 months at a time and when withoutaname dropped off two books to me at PIP '08 and hadn't done a page in either book that she'd had for months. It became a pain rather than a fun time. I don't care if I ever see my book again!!!

In future I'd recommend that book guidelines make sure they fit into the basic flat rate priority envelops to reduce the expense of shipping huge books and dingle dangles and containers etc. The future rounds if there are any will not include me under any circumstances.

Edited by callenish gunner

Callenish, by making such a statement, you do a disservice to all the artists, who in good faith, did artwork in your book and mailed it on as scheduled. You also act as if someone is accusing you of losing books, which is not the case. Yes, problems arise, and books have been lost in the mail before. But I don't think the majority of artists who took part in this round deserve such a condemnation.

You have every right to be upset that your book may not make it home. I think all of us will make an effort to find someone who knows Matusalem and find out what the delay is. As far as people sending on books with no artwork done in them, I would rather they did that, than sit on the books forever, as it appears Matusalem had done with yours.

I have done these art journal rounds for three years, and have received all three books home (although I now suspect I know where my trademark danglies went missing this last round). There have been times when a book was delayed for months, or was forwarded on with no artwork done it them, but that doesn't mean I don't treasure each and every one of them for the work that was done.

I say again, every effort will be made to contact Matusalem and find out why he hasn't mailed your book on. But, please, don't bad-mouth the rest of us, and don't say you never want to see your book. I know there is a lot of good artwork in it that you will enjoy, when it finally makes its way home.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

In future I'd recommend that book guidelines make sure they fit into the basic flat rate priority envelops to reduce the expense of shipping huge books and dingle dangles and containers etc. The future rounds if there are any will not include me under any circumstances.

The first post of the entire thread states, and I quote :

What you need:

• Art book; usually 9" by 6"

The guidelines of the sketchbook rounds:

• Keep the books fairly small - such as the easily available black, 9" x 6" ring-bound artists sketch books

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Callendish,

Your previous comments were uncalled for and I will leave it at that. dry.gif

Regarding, the books sent. I spoke with my mail carrier. He stated that if, and this could be the case, the label had come off or that somewhere in transient that the label became illegible, if so, the package might have been opened in hopes of finding an address inside of the package. If no address was available then, a description of the package contents may have been placed online (their in house computers) in case someone would come looking for said package.

Since you had the contents last and can describe more what was inside better then I, I would appreciate it if you would ask your post office about it.

My mail carrier said he would check on his end but under the circumstances think any effort on your side might be wise and, am sure that Kate, as I, would greatly appreciate it.

PEW, for future reference you might add to the requirements, on any future such endeavors, all books have on the inside front covers the orgiinal participatant's real name and address. Just as a safety measure.

thanks

Edited by Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

Lady Seahawk,

I will go to the post office today and enquire as to if they can find said package, I know Callenish and I are both more the slighty upset over the way several of the packages sent out that day were handled. Two have indeed arrived safely, this is the last to try to locate. I bid you good day and hopefully this will reach some comclusion. alas with life there is not always a happy one, will at least try to bring it to a close. Incidently I was not even part of this and i would be upset at some of the "gliches" in mailings I have seen occur of the past round.

ye ship's potter,

salty

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

Pew, since you have Matusalem's snail mail addy, if he won't respond to PMs or emails, maybe you should mail him a quick information request. Send it with a postal delivery confirmation, so we know he got it. Maybe even try and find a phone number?

RAKEHELL-1.jpg