Pyrate Sketchbooks

Pew

Cal's book probably won't get out to Patrick until middle of next week. Currently, that's the only book I have.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something to chew on...

While at PiP, I was standing on the beach with Patrick Hand, and I am pretty sure we had both been drinkin a bit....

Only to come to realise that (if my memory serves me)....we each have a book that belongs to PEW. So I have a full size one with a skull and PEW's name on it....is that from this round?

And is it supposed to be mailed out first, because I also have Matusalem's book also. And....do I mail one out in January and the other in February?

There seems to be no good way for me to do this.

Banner.jpg

Something to chew on...

While at PiP, I was standing on the beach with Patrick Hand, and I am pretty sure we had both been drinkin a bit....

Only to come to realise that (if my memory serves me)....we each have a book that belongs to PEW. So I have a full size one with a skull and PEW's name on it....is that from this round?

The one you have for PEW is the one sent to me for this round and it is the one PEW posted as being sent round this time.
And is it supposed to be mailed out first, because I also have Matusalem's book also. And....do I mail one out in January and the other in February?

I got both of them at the same time before I handed them off to you. However, Matusalem's book is actually the one I was supposed to have gotten back in October but didn't get it until November. So, that is the one first to go out I suppose.

There seems to be no good way for me to do this.

Not to worry, take your time as I don't have one, as of yet, to hand off to you for January. So, even if I get it sometime this week, I won't have it ready for you until near the beginning of February anyway. And as PEW stated this is suppose to be fun it isn't like work deadline or anything (must keep reminding myself ...sigh) so, I for one tain't gonna let this get to me anymore.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

I have no books and have not gotten Decembers yet.

withoutaname, I recieved Patrick Hand's late last week from Pew. I'll send it to you at the end of the month. You had Red Handed Jill's last month, therefore you are on schedule. ...and so am I.

I'm not making any sense ,am I?

All I know is that the guy that wrote the rules sent me the book last week, which I recieved on Dec 11, and I'll leave it at that. ....looks like I have approximately 3 weeks to do my bit.

Edited by Matusalem
SHIP2-1.jpg

All I know is that the guy that wrote the rules sent me the book last week, which I recieved on Dec 11, and I'll leave it at that. ....looks like I have approximately 3 weeks to do my bit.

Or thereabouts....

https://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=13825

HAVE FUN!

It's only a sketchbook there Matusalem...

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Cal's book is going out to Patrick today.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

WOW how cool. I'd love to get in on this.. is it all sketches or do people put other art in there ie poetry stories etc.??

and how do you get in?

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

There is all types of art done in the sketchbooks.

This is once a year, when PEW gets a group together (as close to 12 as possible) and then once the start date comes the group is closed for the year. this is the first year I have participated. It is always exciting to see what the others have done and a challenge to come up with something new and fresh each time a new book arrives.

Lots of fun!

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

WOW how cool. I'd love to get in on this

Yeah, you'll have to wait until the next round..... I think it should be about May....

These are some of the cartoons that I've done in different Sketchbooks.... (there is a "Spoiler Alert" for this round, so if anyone doesn't want to see what's in sketchbooks from this round they will know when to stop....)

https://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=13423

• 2 weeks later...

I am finishing up Matusalems sketchbook today....Since I work 8-5 I will try and get it out to pyrateleather Monday.

I have PEW's sketchbook in my possession and will send it out in February, I think....so I won't be sending two at once. And I think that will set Cass and I back on track. Not real sure though.

Banner.jpg

Waiting on Decembers, so no rush Kate.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

Sent one out to Matusalem this afternoon.

So does everyone have at least one (or one on the way?) Let's try and get the January round straight so that each artist has one book.

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

At this point in time, I have no book.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

OK... I gotta get Callinish's sent out (by tomorrow or Wednesday..) ..... and the long lost REW (the second book)(I'm going to take a little bit more time on that... PEW.. the first idea was fun....the Third Idea was even more fun.... give me some time to play with it..... "IT "ain't lost....just delayed..) ye'll get it... I just have to do something really good...(the half assed idea just ain't good enough yet.......So I'm still working on it.....)

And ain't I a sucker fer punishment... I started a Steampunk Sketchbook Project.........the link should go here.....

I don't know if the Steampunks are/ can be as cool as Pyrates....but the first round looks promising..... (Hey Ransom... you post there,,, can you throw some encouragement that-a-way,,,, I'm hoping it will work.... just as well as we did here....(then I can get someone else do do the next round...)

My favorite part of the entire project... all three of the sketchbooks.... Is that we develop a kinda friendship... a camaraderie... outta what we draw/paste/ put into the sketchbooks... and DAMN. that is so cool....... Words don't describe it.......

Steampunk journal!!! :rolleyes: Oh goodie. I assume you mean on the Brass Goggles forum?

Oh, hey, Patrick, anything you need, just shoot me a PM. Sure I'll put in a good word for your project. I've also got a short art project I'm going to post about shortly...a one time deal where there is no waiting a year for a book to come back. More on that soon.

And you are so right, it's the friendships you make during these rounds that are the real reward...that and a WAY kewl art journal at the end of the round. :huh:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg