Pyrate Sketchbooks

Pew

**Sigh** my sketching is getting so bloody rusty but then I suppose tis better that than naked crewmembers...especially my crewmembers..

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mailed my book to Patrick today. :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I have the entire weekend off, so I'm on vacation. Therefore this is the only time I can actually get it done. I kind of got carried away but I had fun.

"I christen thy sketchbook from the rocks of Mohegan Bluffs on the southeast coast of Block Island"

The book I bought, The box it comes in I made from teak, in the style of hatches of sailing ships, specifically for this project, though not my best work (it has a few nicks from the saw). I did it specifically to contain a number of gravestone rubbings I did, particularly the two below (from Block Island) of Captain Edward Sands (died 1708) and his father James Sands (died 1695)...you know these people knew Captain Kidd because his wife lived on the island.

IMG_4250.jpg

IMG_4243.jpg

IMG_4257.jpg

SHIP2-1.jpg

I don't have a camera, but I do have a scanner and have successfully scanned the cover of m'sketchbook. So now how do I post a picture here?

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

You have to have it hosted by photobucket.com, etc, and then use the appropriate 'tags' ( {option} ) to link the photo to here...

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

sketchbookcover.jpg

Ok, here is the cover of m'sketchbook.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

:lol: Matusalem, have you considered how much it is going to cost everyone to mail that box and book? It looks pretty heavy. The book is awesome looking, as is the box, make no mistake about that, but postage for that puppy is going to be pretty steep!

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Matusalem, have you considered how much it is going to cost everyone to mail that box and book? It looks pretty heavy. The book is awesome looking, as is the box, make no mistake about that, but postage for that puppy is going to be pretty steep!

Valid question and concern. Today it cost me $6.75 for zone 3 parcel post via USPS, therefore to not put undue hardship on anyone, particularly those mailing from coast to coast, please PM me and I can help out. :lol:

SHIP2-1.jpg

Well I tried to mail my book out to pyrateleather today....

Got to the post office at 4:35....4:35....and went inside and they started having a cow that they were closed.

Apparently they close at 4:30. The main post office is open till like 5...so I just assumed. But no. There was yelling and hissy fits thrown.

So I turned and walked out. And Michael will be taking the book to the post office closer to our house tomorrow to mail.

Banner.jpg

Made arrangements with Kate to do a hand off on Saturday for my book.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

Hand off to KATE completed.

Just for information, I did the inside cover and first five pages, then did the very last page and inside back cover of my book.

NOTE, inside back cover if you want to look at the scrolls pinch the leather on the end push scroll out then pull out the other end. You can then untie the ribbon and look at the miniature sea charts.

Same way to put it back in....roll up the charts somewhat tightly, tie ribbon, slide one side into the leather loop, then on the other side pinch the other leather loop and secure the scroll back into place. :lol:

Also...If anyone needs any information about m'character (yes more hollywood type then not ) just send a gram would be happy to provide information as needed.

huzzah! :lol:

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

I received Pyrateleather's book today. Very nice, I must say. :blink:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

No problem, though I admit I am anxiously awaiting delivery, I do understand RL holdups.

IN the meantime... I have seen some of your posted beautiful and skilled artwork. I just hope :lol: that I can do your book justice with my own addition.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...