Modern Jousting

Matusalem

'tis about time! After all it is a healthy outdoor activity full of male testosterone and endorses good competition....a lot bet'er then that game they play in schools these days: 'Tug-O-Peace Rope'

Canadian Army 'Tug-O-Peace Rope'

Another 'Tug-O-Peace' article

The PC way to play

another one on 'Tug-O-Peace'

Throw'n th gaunlet down on 'Tug-O-Peace'

Even PHOTOS of this crap 'Tug-O-Peace'!?

Even MORE Students Forced To Give Up Thier Manhood to 'Tug-O-Peace'!!

It's "TUG-O-WAR" People!! "TUG-O-WAR" I SAYS!!

Why when I was in school we took Fuss ball, 'TACKLE' Foot ball, and Basketball and mixed up the rules then took our new founded game out on the 'CONCRETE' topped basketball courts and we played 'TACKLE FUSS BASKETBALL'!!

oh yah, just because I got slammed into the METAL POST what held up the basket while I was mid-air tackling someone and flipped in mid air to land on me head and found I had shattered me ankle - THAT DIDN'T STOP ME!! Once the 'ol sawbones slapped a PLASTER CAST on me ankle I was back out on me skateboard I was! YA, that's right, they had t' replace that blasted cast THREE time they did befer me ankle healed! Some six years later a military doctor was X-Ray'n me ankle after I sprung it in th' motor pool 'n he ask'd me "What the heck did ye do t' yer ankle, these are old healed bone scares??" - DID YE HEAR THAT? HE SAY "HEALED" bone scares!!

I say "Bring Jousting On Mate!!! Bring It T' Th' US 'N We Will KICK YER ARSS!"

:lol:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Heh tough guy stuff....

Kewl...

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

:ph34r: beats the hell out of footfall and baseball, now doesn't....... glad to see that it is being brought back for the sport of it and not as a farce.

Now of we could get the world to view "pyracy" as a sport, wouldnt it be grand

Ye ship's potter,

Salty

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

Now of we could get the world to view "pyracy" as a sport, wouldnt it be grand

Ye ship's potter,

Salty

Pyracy is too a sport I say, it IS!! B)

I'll drink ye under the deck any day...Ready, Set, GO!

B)

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

• 1 month later...

I have been watching these guys on Youtube

Lol I like their slogan "Full contact jousting no sissies allowed!"

I don't know anything much bout armor but thats gotta hurt.

http://fullcontactjousting.com/jousting.html

There's some rough stuff in there..these guys don't just play

Heh looks like fun..but I like my parts where they are..oh well

This is a good old fashion blood sport with it only being a matter of time until somebody dies or, for the PETA folks, worse yet a horse get's hurt.

To quote the Sage Lion-

It's all fun and games until somebody get's hurt and then it's down right hilarious.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

,,,,I say "Bring Jousting On Mate!!! Bring It T' Th' US 'N We Will KICK YER ARSS!"

:lol:

Oh, no, they could never bring it to the US. I mean, how do you make full-contact jousting PC? That's aggression! That's violence!

How do you make it COMPLETELY safe for both horse and rider? Why, you'd have riders and horses in padded kevlar, so thick they'd look like they were going to the moon in bubble suits. And the ground. Oh no, you couldn't have plain old dirt or grass — how dangerous! You'd have to have special cushioned astro-turf, and the horses would have to use custom rubber-cleated shoes. And there would have to be bullet-proof glass between the grounds and the spectators, in case a sliver came flying in the wrong direction. Oh, gosh, slivers! Can't have those. Guess the lances will have to be boffers instead.

Gosh, MadL, what WERE you thinking! :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

sorry folks....used to joust a little in me younger days....i have yet to see anyone in the US....actually really joust.....most of it is choegraphed...even the supposed FULL CONTACT...just is a slick term to say they are hitting each other.....a real ash pole...used for the game section....are usually tipped with a balsa wood tip...and scored besides....to git that wonderful splintering and breakage.....tricks are used to save the horses.....usually they are knpown a head of time who i winning....or i have seen some(very few)...done on the honour system...which means...oh good hit...i will fall now....sort of thing...again to save the horses from any real danger.....

with that being said.....i have seen a couple(quite a few actually)...oooopppppsies....where someone missed their targets....an actually knock the other guys off their seat...thats damn cool....as long as it wasnt you!!!...and a couple of bad passes with blunted swords...one guy missed....got hit in the forehead.....hell of a black eye and swelling...but still managed to finish the show....also a couple of broken bones thrown in the mix.....

but for the most part....even full contact....still means staged combat...whith the emphisis on "STAGED"...but some will play rougher than others.....

damn i miss it.

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Well I have yet to see it live..

But it still looks like fun..

I like a manly man sport for the ladies to cheer! Jousting, Fencing, Hockey, Rugby Bring it! :unsure:

As long as you keep your teeth :ph34r:

I would like to try the target jousting myself.