how many times have u watched POTC?

ok---

how much is too much?

when i asked that question at home, i got BLANK STARES from all of them like i was the odd man out---- B) { maybe i AM!!!??}

after how many times watching POTC { all of them} is one allowed to tease their spouse/children/ family ?

do i really want to KNOW an exact number?

i suppose that i want assurance that OCD for POTC is acceptable... :lol:

pax,

lady constance

:lol: .....Define OCD.......I never get tired of 1 and 3, but ye can send 2 to Davy Jones' Locker......The Fish Pyrates were like them Flyin' Monkies in the Wizard of Oz.....Just not as creepy.......Although 2 was ok minus the Fish Crew........Will probably never grow tired of any pirate movies....Can't wait for 4........ B)
galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

1: probably a dozen times

2: twice

3: thrice

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

:lol:

We are supposed t' be count'n?!!!!??

ah man...now I gotta start all o'er again!

Why Don't Nobody Tells Me These Things?!?

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

If you have the POTC1 dvd, set the language to french. Go to the climactic scene between Barbossa and Elizabeth in the captain's quarters somewhere about the time Elizabeth stabs Barbossa with the butter knife, and Barbossa blurts out 'bleeeaaaahh!' in french instead of the typical English "arrrr". It is the most hysterical thing you will ever hear. B)

SHIP2-1.jpg

POTC 1: Twice, perhaps three times.

POTC 2: Twice.

POTC 3: Once.

Same here William. Not my cup of tea. I think I've seen Blackbeard's Ghost more (kids here... that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

Cutthroat Island - 50 to 100 times

Black Swan - a dozen

The Buccaneer - 10

Nate and Hayes - 5

Crimson Pirate - 10

Captain Blood - 4

Against All Flags - 25

Hook - 20

Lots of other fun movies out there that I like better, that's all.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

The first one lots more than the other two, but quite a lot, just the same.

I have also watched Master and Commander dozens of times, as well as the Hornblower series, Hook, Cuthroat Island, old episodes of Long John Silver, and Muppet Treasure Island.

The pirate/sailor DVD collection of Chain Shot and Ransom is young yet, but quite diverse. :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

POTC1 - 3 times on DVD

POTC2 - once at theatre / 2.5 times on DVD

POTC3 - once at theatre / once on DVD

Cutthroat Island - once at theatre / 6 times on DVD

Master and Commander - 4 times on DVD

My kids have watched the POTC movies dozens of times on road trips. The movie theatre on wheels makes stops in Deltonia FL, Romeoville IL, Milwaukee WI, Hattiesburg MS and Concord NC several times a year. Therefore lots of hours on the road for the kids to watch movies.

POTC 1: Twice, perhaps three times.

POTC 2: Twice.

POTC 3: Once.

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World: Almost a dozen times.

POTC 1, 2 & 3 maybe a dozen times each

Master & Commander - IMHO one of the best naval movies ever made. In order to steal the closing tune (when Aubrey and Maturin play a violin/cello duet) for The Brigands shows, I had to listen to the last 7 minutes of the film like 30 or more times.

Song is "Nightmusic on the Streets of Madrid" by Bocherini (?sp)

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

Master & Commander - IMHO one of the best naval movies ever made

Everyone keeps saying that. I would have to agree. Lately, POTC movies have gathered dust on the shelf ,but M&C is usually in my dvd player at any given moment. I would say I've watched itat least 20 times, and found myself often saying "here we go again, scrape scrape screetch screetch ...it's never a tune you could dance to, as if they were drunk as Davey's sow" .

SHIP2-1.jpg

My favorite bit of dialogue from M&C.... (Not sure it's an exact quote, but close as I can remember at the moment.)

Aubry: "Don't you know Doctor, that in the service, one must always choose the lesser of two weevils."

Doctor: "He who would pun would pick a pocket!"

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Master and Commander? I thought this topic was about the Pirates of the Caribbean movies? :lol: But yes, I did see Master and Commander, a very good movie.....anyway, back on topic......as I said, I've lost count as to how many times I've seen the POTC movies. I just enjoy them and find them fun! :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Song is "Nightmusic on the Streets of Madrid" by Bocherini (?sp)

Boccherini: La Musica Nocturna Dell Strade Di Madrid No. 6, Op. 30 (Which is essentially what you said, with all the trimmings added. It's on the soundtrack; they only play a bit of the middle in the movie.)

Curiously, when I was presenting my trepanation tool in Hampton at the Blackbeard event, I'd occasionally ask people if they'd seen M&C - where they do a really good trapanation on the old sailor - and nobody, but nobody, said yes! :ph34r:

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Well,

you all DO have OCD----

tis verifiable.... LOLOL!!

and i am going to guess it is because that increases your chances of obtaining medications that are otherwise illegal on the streets....{ and i applaud your mighty fine efforts !!!}

my OCD is sun worship {AKA sunbathing}--cannot get enough sunshine-

---

so if you all can handle my OCD, then i can handle your OCD...LOL

goes away thinking " WHEN will i ever stop asking DUMB questions?"-

lady constance slinking away slowly