Pirates Choice Rum

Merrydeath

whilst running tween raindrops at the Port Washington fest, this nice people gave us free rum, and not only was it free.. it was dang good!

You have your choice tween Key Lime and Molasses Reef Rum flavors. Made in Key Largo, and the offical rum of the Conch Republic.

they are also the chief supplier of the hurricane party in Pete's room.

http://www.pirateschoicerum.com

warnin ya, it uploads very slowly.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

It IS good stuff! I got to try some at Pyrate Con. The only problem is its not available outside of the Keys. Sigh. So I'm not sure when I'll ever get any again.

Unless any of the Florida brethern want to hook a pirate up. :ph34r:

blank.jpg

"That as to hanging, it is no great hardship, for were it not for that, every cowardly fellow would turn pirate and so unfit the Seas,

that men of courage must starve."

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."

It's available to distributors in Virginia. The distributor told me so when I was at the Hampton Blackbeard Festival. I think the Pirate's Choice people are hoping you contact your local local stores and ask them to stock it for you Then they can contact their distributors and if the distributors get enough requests they will contact the Pirate's Choice people. It's a form of pull marketing. So ask and you may eventually receive. (I suggest you ask at a small liquor store, especially one you frequent, if you want to get any results.)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

well we had a couple cases stashed in the tent, but it seems to have wandered and no dead soldiers laying about as evidence. well some dead soldiers and lots o headaches the next morn- so i think i can account for all of it. anyhow, i'm not so much for the key lime striaght up, but if you want to makeone of those fruity drinks with it- its darned good- so i've heard from grace. i prefer the molasses myself.

mission is correct. as its a new rum, there are still state to state issues being worked out by don (the distributor) but contact him and he will be more than happy to tell you how to get it locally. in virginia you can only buy it by the case at $150- i think?- as it is special order and the stores are state owned. however, if there is enough demand and it is put on the shelves the price is almost cut in half. I've been waiting for two weeks for my case to come in- darned state red tape.

I've had a chance to talk to don at a few events and he certainly is not bashful about his marketing strategy so i hope he does not mind me plugging for him here. rather than waste money with glossy adds- spend the money making more run and take it to events where PIRATES can get their hands on it. Seems to me to be a good strategy as you cant taste a picture.

Right Fyne Rum it is!

Upon our encounter at Blackbeard's in Hampton, Captain Sterling and I met up with Don Brown. As we introduced ourselves and chatted about the various events we went to, he mentioned Port Washington's Pirate Invasion.

It seems that Don is also attempting to get the rum here in Wisconsin! Which I'm all for. Cap'n Pete had a very successful tornado party in his suite (eh..from what I remember :lol: ) and Don was kind enough to stop by and dropped off three cases full of both Key Lime and Molasses Reef.

2571054220_3750fb1062.jpg

As you can see...I think there be a market for his rum here in Wisconsin!!!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Well I stopped into a small local place and inquired about getting some. The mate behind the counter had heard of it, but said if its not carried by a state distributor, theres nothing they can do.

blank.jpg

"That as to hanging, it is no great hardship, for were it not for that, every cowardly fellow would turn pirate and so unfit the Seas,

that men of courage must starve."

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."

Yeah, but if enough people ask, the retail store will ask the distributor about it. That's how pull marketing works. Ask at a couple of stores if you feel brave.

Me, I liked the Key Lime straight. I don't quite see how it's proper rum, but what do I know? I hold forth on the topic on this page in my surgeon's journal for Hampton.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

thats sort of the point of them hitting all these Pyrate events...so more folks like us will start asking for it by name....locally....i (edited)agree with mission :( ...on the pull marketing subject....BUT i perfered the Molasses Rum...noticed a lot o' the ladies liked the Key Lime....they may be on to something if they can git both genders to like their Rum.

Course i'm still gonna kick Amananaramajiriia 's ARSE when next we meet...for the vid he took that now resides on the Pirates choice my space.....

oh yeah...you shall rue this day... :( ..well... :unsure: ...start rueing!!! :(

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Aye, I too need to either find a shipmate that would be so kind as to hook ol' Midnight up with a bottle or two, or either make a voyage to Florida and live up to what part of me job description is...a rum runner... :unsure:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

{quote}

WHERE:

Denny’s Liquor - MM 100, Bayside

{end quote}

:lol:

You guys can get RUM at Denny's?!?!?

the best I can get from Denny's out here is grand slam breakfast and a cup o' coffee!

:lol:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Speaking of rhum.....

Has anyone tried this drink?

Klingon Blood Wine recipe

1 oz Jose Cuervo® Especial gold tequila

1 oz Captain Morgan® Original spiced rum

1 dash grenadine syrup

2 dashes Tabasco® sauce

cranberry juice

Add tabasco sauce to an ice-filled beer mug/glass. Pour in the tequila, rum and grenadine, and fill with cranberry juice. Shake twice and serve.

serve in

Beer Mug

klingon_pirate.jpg

As we say in Ireland let's drink until the alcohol in our system destroys our liver and kills us.

guns_boobies2.jpg

:angry:

Interesting. Will have to try that sometime. Sounds like an interesting drink.

Aye, Pirate's Choice is great! And yes, is longer lasting with the punch! good God did we learn that one at Port Wash! :o

And oh, dear Lord did Pete throw a hell of a Midwestern Hurricane Party. Many, many thanks to the 3 cases of PC rum. I procured two bottles (one Key Lime, one Molasses). I honestly liked them both. I know there's a third out there of the straight clear stuff.

All in all, it packs a punch!

Welp, here's t' hoping one will be able to obtain it in due time.

~Lady B

<_<

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

:unsure: .........Whoaaaah.....Which one o them men was Klingon.......I'm seein' some major simularities in dress and attitude.....Scareeeeeeeeeeee.......ain;t it.....IH :lol:
galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

:unsure: .... Bye the bye.......I learned ta never add Tabasco to any rum drink at me brother-in-laws wetdown in the USN years ago.....Has a tendency ta come back on ye......And ....a....... don't ever play horseshoes at the officers club at Lemoore Naval Air Station....There's strange things lurkin' in the sand pits........Arrrrrrrrrgh....IH :lol:
galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

No luck finding it here in California!! Have you tried Cruzan Black Strap from St Croix? That guys family has been making rum in St Croix since 1780 and the black strap recipe mimics English Navy Rum...pretty mice stuff.. If you don't like the taste, I'm sure it would make nice motor oil.

"Without caffine, I'd have no personality at all"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

For anyone who enjoyed Pirate's Choice rum, I have some bad news. The other owner of Pirates Choice died a few years ago, and Don couldn't find another distillery.. til now.

Don and his company have started another rum company called Code rum out of Florida. Right now, that is the only place you can get it, but they do have some fine flavors.

If you get a bottle, you are a lucky pirate!

https://www.facebook.com/CodeRum/?fref=photo

http://thecoderum.com/store-locator/

http://thecoderum.com/

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg