Belmont Shores Pirate Fest...

Iron Bess

A really wonderful free event right on the sands of beautiful Belmont shores!

http://www.belmontpier.com/pierdaze.html

Just a few days away! :o

Come down and see us, Pirate with us and plunder teh Pier with us.

Lot's of Music too in the encampments and on the pier :o

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

North on the 5, then south on the LB freeway. The south end of the LB fwy piddles out into tourist trap, curves around, and intersects Ocean Blvd. Turn right onto Ocean (headin' east). As yer travilin' on Ocean there be a large Romanish lookin' building, a few miles out, on the beach. That be the Long Beach Olympic Pool. Park an follow the mayhem.

Ya could leave the 5 an thread yer way up PCH turnin' onta 2nd street after ye pass the LB /SB line-- Iffin yer crazy :lol:

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

(Bump)

Only 9 more days!

Pirate encampments right on the beach! (I hope no one spots the Mai Tai maker in the back of me PT Cruiser!) <_<

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Rumba Rue; my way is a bit further as I come in from above rather then below, but it is a bit easier as ye nay go through town (which is nay too hard either) but if ye finds yerself lost then just hit the 710 fwy and go South, DO NOT go t' Queen Mary (she aint got no sails anyway..) but stay on the INSIDE lane and follow the signs t' th' ocean front (Sea Side Circle I think it called), once there then just follow the water edge south 'n enjoy th' quaint lit'le beach front town as he mark plunder points on yer map fer yer return trip.

Now keep in mind howe'er, should ye see th' school what I used t' service their printers go by then ye ha'e gone too far 'n need t' turn back, but if ye come in from th' south 'n come t' the school what once was my account then ye still need t' go a wee bit further lass <_<

Oh, 'n if'n ye pass th' old church what ha'e th' large network printer on th' second floor (now that was hard get'n it up that staircase for sure it was!) then ye be on th' wrong street altogether ye be, ye nee t' turn yer head'n twords th' coast line!

Too bad fer there was a smash'd snail on th' corner where ye would turn starboard 'n that made it easy t' spot but some ilk soul has scrape'd it off th' pavement so now ye really need t' stay sharp so ye don't pass it by!! <_<

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

:rolleyes: Rumba Rue :rolleyes:

But ye ha'e two easy way t' get there! Admission is Free, Parking is Free, Sand in yer boots be Free as well!!!

Just try run'n them bills through the wash a few times, th' trick be t' use plenty o' soften'er 'n hang dry them!!

Well the flyer say it be free park'n...though not sure where that be for last time I was there they were put'n in new meters :huh:

<_< Thou me infermation is a few year old there ain't much that can move down there. The "free" parkin lot belongs to the Safeway. They don't be likin' it when their customers can't park there. To the southwest of that lot is a pay lot. Its kinda smallish too. It had ta fit between the two piers before the old one got tore down(ancient history). The largest lot is to the east of the pool an runs clear down to Granada Ave. Its had parkin' meters fer years.

I posted a map of the area on last years thread. Can't have changed too much.

Found it-

http://terraserver-usa.com/image.aspx?T=4&...=984&Y=9339&W=1

The wishbone shaped intersection be where Livingstone Drive splits off NE from Ocean Blvd. Its East of downtown and a little west of where 2nd street divys up Belmont Shore. Ocean Blvd be yer target. Commin' from downtown LB stay on Ocean. Iffins ya overshoot ya can only go as far as the yacht club an jetty. Turn around an backtrack about 2 miles. Ya should be able ta smell a pirate by then <_<

I lived there fer 19 years, this part ain't changed much.

I grew up in Long Beach, but so much has changed since I moved away.

No kid'n!! There be a Convention center now right smack center o' where my father used to take me skiing as a wee lad there be!!

Guess it t'would be right difficult t' maneuver he's speed boat in 'n around them cars in th' park'n lot these days it'would!! :lol:

Rumba Rue; so I take it that th' "one car between two people" that ye must be th' one people WithOut a cutlass??? :lol:

Well, if'n ye think I am about t' pour Good Rum int' th' sand 'fer me Hommie in San Diego' then ye been more insane then Ben Gunn he'm self ye be!!

But I will drink yer round fer ye!! B)

Warn'd they may be, but fend off pirates we will see.

....did not someone tell them that pirates Always win??

:lol::lol: