Cap'n Jack Sparrow's Pistol & Sword

Capt. Morgan

Avast, me 'earties!

Where can I find a good working black powder pistola similar to Cap'n Jack Sparrow's, and what kind of sword does he have? (*grumble grumble* I better get the DVD fer Christmas...) thanks to ye all, and once again I be apologizin' if these queries 'ave been asked b'fer! :D

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

• 3 weeks later...

Ah I've got links FOR Flint locks, but not fer his flintlocks. Maybe you could find a match?

Do you plan on wearing it out? I've seen more faires/events getting snippy about flintlocks.

http://www.jastro.ca/itmidx8.htm Is non firing and inexpensive for "show" on yer body or on the wall.

http://www.replicaweaponry.com/flinpis.html

I also saw the awesome history of flint locks last year on PBS. If it's on again I'll flag you down to watch.

Enjoy!

Izzy

yep ive seen those replicas b4 LOL the company that sells thosehas about a dozen web sites

But as far as the faires go the tried to piece bond flintlocks to a friend of mines belt and said it was that or she could get arrested when the cops inside saw her...... the cops did see her but did nothing because she was part of the faire

But as far as the faires go the tried to piece bond flintlocks to a friend of mines belt and said it was that or she could get arrested when the cops inside saw her...... the cops did see her but did nothing because she was part of the faire

Ahoy Misery,

That is just nonsense as far as the legalities of the issue, unless you were in New Jersey, New York city (or a State Park), or crossing the border to Canada. According to Federal Firearms regulations, pre 1898 designed black powder weapons that do not use metalic cartridges are not legally considered firearms. (Collectables and Antiques)

The Police would not arrest you (at least justifiably so - if they did, you would likely have had to have made a nuisance of yourself) unless you had the weapon concealed on your person - then you could be arrested for concealed carry. A sea service pistol with a 12" barrel boldy thrust through or hanging from a belt is hardly concealed.

On the other hand The Fair has every right to dictate the code of what can and cannot be carried on it's premisis, and the conditions of carry - they could have you ejected from the fair for breaking those conditions, but they could hardly have you arrested - were they to do so, they and the police department in question would open themselves up to a wrongful arrest suit.

That siad, when in Rome, do as the Romans. Right now it is fairly easy for reenactors to own and carry the blackpowder weapons that are neccessary to their hobby - the last thing we need to do is have people rocking the boat, and associating such weapons with troublemakers and illegal activities.