Now Playing

Sir Eric

New Zorro Flick? okay... not exactly a pirate... But the guy dresses in black, carries a sword AND a whip, and always gets the girl in the end.

So... was I halucinating, or did I catch a bit of a trailer out of the corner of my eye the other nite while deeply involved in homework?

Anyone know whassup with Zorro??

NOAH: Wow... the whole world flooded in just less than a month, and us the only survivors! Hey... is that another... do you see another boat out there? Wait a minute... is that a... that's... are you seeing a skull and crossbones on that flag?

Ministry of Petty Offenses

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it looks good, I'll definitely be checking it out when it comes out. I liked the first one. I saw the trailer at Comic Con, it looks really good! Hey, it's Antonio Banderas and Catherine Zeta Jones kicking ass and looking good while doing it. Who could pass that up! :lol: :)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

No way I'll miss it... loved the first one. It was spirited and goofy, didn't take itself too seriously, and most impressive to me was it's just good clean fun, which is something you don't neccissarily see a lot of these day.

Although... don't try that little "undressing" trick with your significant other lads. Looked cool in the movie, but you'll just wind up needing to buy a whole mess of sterile gauze pads and medical tape. :lol:

NOAH: Wow... the whole world flooded in just less than a month, and us the only survivors! Hey... is that another... do you see another boat out there? Wait a minute... is that a... that's... are you seeing a skull and crossbones on that flag?

Ministry of Petty Offenses

Hmm...

Dunno Laddy.... Tha' wee undressin' trick works well... long as ye know th' length o' yer sword.... as it were.... :lol:

I will say t'would be a goode idea ta leave it ta th' experts tho... or practice on a "non-live" target, til ye gets it right....

I agree, th' new Zorro movie previews look grande...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Casanova, it a 3 0ut of 4 stars. Great cenimatograpy. (wonderfully shot) Must see at a theater first, then buy DVD for raining day, nothing on TV.

Excellent costumes, got a lot of Ideas!

Story plot line is slow going at first, but soon picks up. Has alot of funny tounge and cheeck moments, (which I love)

Heath ledger is cute, but to me, he is not my idea of Casanova!

It was still a great film and would recommend it.

Thanks for reading

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Speaking of recent movies... (Maybe we should call this the recent movie thread.)

I saw Kong this weekend. It was...long. Too long, really. But they had to cover all the ground, I suppose. They could have ended the thing after Kong beat the T-Rexs and I'd have been happy (and my companions' bladders would have been happy. ;) Buying a soda going into a three hour movie! I mean, really...)

Nice digital effects for the most part. Some of what happened was rather improbable and sort of stupid (running between the legs of stampeding dinos, picking giant bugs off a guy with a shaky machine gun, people constantly showing up at exactly the right moment to save select characters, etc.) ...but that seems to be a factor in modern action movies today.

I really liked the character of the SS Venture's captain. (Did you know the ship that brought the T-Rex back in JPII was also called the SS Venture? Not only did they steal the idea, they stole the boat!) Overall, it was worth watching. I'd catch it on the big screen if you like this sort of thing. Lots of big things going on. (Heh.)

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

• 1 year later...

What a GREAT MOVIE!!! [Transformers] Just got back with the kids and all I can say is terrific.. I highly recommend it!!!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I was concerned that the PG-13 rating would be too violent for my 8-year old. Stupid me; he loved it. It just got boring during all the set-up in the beginning, but once the action started he was literally on the edge of his seat.

The kid in the movie who says "Cool, mom!" is exactly what mine was saying. :rolleyes:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Ahhh... a walk down memory lane!

Aye, like Syren, I watched the old cartoon series back in the 80's. Grew up on it. I admit... I'm a big Transformers Fan. Went to a big Transformers convention in Chicago back in 2003 about the time that Pirates came out. It was funny, cause Pirates was the talk of the convention! Course, that's when I got to meet the original voice of Grimlock! It was cool!

I was thrilled hearing Peter Cullen's voice once more as Prime. But, that's about all that truly thrilled me. Other than some of the names: Jazz, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Ratchet, Starscream, Megatron, Bonecrusher...

And of course, when Prime said "One shall stand, one shall fall"... Ooooo.... classic! Took me back to the animated movie.

But, as much as I enjoyed Transformers, it still didn't thrill me as AWE did.

I'm too much of a Gen 1 buff. And Megatron... Ehh... I'm a HUGE Megatron buff and a Decepticon sympathizer, I have practically every version of Megatron... and I have to say, I adored Optimus Prime above all else in this film. That says something right there. :rolleyes:

Aye,... was enjoyable. Brought back memories. Worth seeing. But, I'm more wanting to watch the old Gen 1 episodes on my DVD sets than watch the movie again.

But... IF they do another... I'll agree with my nephew... they should bring in Grimlock and the Constructicons... more Decepticons and more Autobots! The ones we know so well from Gen 1. :D

Sam?!? They couldn't keep with Spike?

Made the dad look dorky. And we all know Sparkplug was NOT a dork!

Oh, and did anyone stay through the credits to see Starscream bolt out into space? LOL... classic!

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Ok, here is a link to pirates for ya'.

(From the Detroit Free Press review by Terry Lawson)

"While it may not have the panache of the original "Pirates of the Caribbean," "Transformers" is just as much of an unexpected summer surprise. Not only is it full of way-cool machinery, epic robot fights and mind-dazzling effects, it also has more than its quotient of actual wit and fun."

I notice he doesn't mention POTC 2 or 3. :lol: He says further on...

"So here it is: Cool cars, giant robots from outer space, computer game mayhem and hot chicks -- everything 12-year-old-boys love in one movie. But it's the glee with which Bay and his army of technicians celebrate all of the above that transforms "Transformers" into something beyond an advertisement for the Hasbro toys on which the film was based."

While Michael Bay can do some interesting stuff with action movies, I dunno. It sounds too much like a kid's movie to me. I'd rather see Ratatouille if I were going to shell out my hard-earned sou. Pixar trumps Bay in my book. (Or, better yet, save the sou and wait for both of them to come out on DVD and rent 'em from NetFlix.)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

I haven't seen it yet, but my guyfriend Wally and his friend Neil Kaplan saw it a few nights ago. They both did voices for the recent cartoon series that came out in 2001, Transformers: Robots in Disguise. Neil is the voice of Optimus Prime and Wally did 2 voices, Sideburn and Mirage. They said they both really liked the movie a lot, just were blown away by how much fun it was. And speaking of Transformers, this weekend in Minneapolis, Minnesota is the CONvergence Sci Fi Convention. Wally will be there as a special guest for the Transformers cartoon series. So, while he's there, I'm here in LA house/pet sitting for him.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I received yet another unsolicited positive review of this movie. This one seemed to revolve mostly around the young actress lead. Something Fox. (Michael J. Fox's middle initial is actually 'A.' but he changed it because he didn't want teen magazines going on and on about Michael "a fox!" (You must be old enough to remember Family Ties in prime time to even grasp the idea that Michael J. Fox would be considered a fox.) Poor actress in Transformers...or maybe that's what she wants.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

Shame Bumble Bee had to change shapes for the movie though...

As a VW Beetle owner, I completely agree Syren.

:angry

Watch The Love Bug. (I just saw it last night for the first time. What a fun movie. While Herbie sort of transforms, it's a bit different than Transformers.)