^&%#$ Photobucket!

Ransom

Is it only me who is having problems with photobucket? All of a sudden, I can't upload pictures from my computer. Never had a problem before. Did the usual easy fixes first, like shut down and restart the computer (I leave it on most of the time), did program updates. Nadda. I'm still unable to upload pictures.

Trying to get photobucket to answer a problem is a pain in the butt, since you have to have a seperate log-on code name, etc. to get to thier troubleshooters, who give you a long list of stuff to check on your computer first, most of which I have no idea what they are talking about. I am not a computer tech. Sheesh.

Any advice? Oh, and BTW, I have a Mac.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

What exactly be happening? (timeout, error message, dropped connection)

What kind o' connection ye be using? (broadband, dialup, satilight)

What browser ye sailing? (IE, FireFox, Opera, etc)

Be ye uploadin' photos 'er videos, and what size be they? (200Kb, 2Gig, 3Ter)

have ye tried toss'n yer cookies o'er board? some time e'en toss'n yer cache out too.

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

What exactly be happening? (timeout, error message, dropped connection)

Nothing. It just sits there, pouting. I click on Upload Pictures, and zilch.

What kind o' connection ye be using? (broadband, dialup, satilight)

DSL

What browser ye sailing? (IE, FireFox, Opera, etc)

Safari

Be ye uploadin' photos 'er videos, and what size be they? (200Kb, 2Gig, 3Ter)

Photos, pulled in under PB catagory of "Medium size" like I've always used before. (Don't know the exact KB,Gig, etc. but could ck. Nothing huge.)

have ye tried toss'n yer cookies o'er board?

Other than puke overboard, I have no idea how to toss cookies, or where they are.

some time e'en toss'n yer cache out too.

Been there, done that.

That about covers it. :ph34r:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Cookies 'n Cache in Safari:

How To's for Safari

Try deleting your cookies - MAKE SURE YE KNOW YER PASSWORDS! fer ye will be need'n t' re-enter at All places ye used t' not ha'e t'!

Many times if'n a site changes 'er if'n yer cookies get smooshed (tech-knee-cal wordage) then deleting them and let'n th' site give ye a fresh baked one can help (also helps shake off snoop'n Dons what might be watch'n)

Thanks! I'll try that. PM sent your way.

Alas...that didn't solve the problem either. :ph34r:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Are ye upload'n just one pic at a time or select'n several?

I had an issue once when I tried upload'n 3 at once but when I selected just one it went, one again it went, again 'n the third one went. I think that be their system mostly.

Ye seem t' be able t' browse, 'n posting t' th' board here requires 'sending' a tiny bit o' data....so it appear "yer" connection t' be work'n

It was just one photo.

I finally broke down and sent photobucket a message, telling them I'm locked up.

It's the weirdest thing. One day it worked, next day it didn't. I even changed my password, to see if that helped, but NOT.

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. :ph34r:

R

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Okay, just so you guys who tried to help me can know, I finally heard from Photobucket. Apparently between the last time I used my file there (it had been awhile) they upgraded their system, and only recognise Safari 2.0 or newer. I have Safari 1.5, so unless I buy an upgrade for my computer, I'm locked out of my Photobucket use. :rolleyes:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

PB has added some neet apps.....

But it's still slow as a snail. I prefer to let it load everything while I'm doing something else.

For editing try a free download from jasc.com Like Paint Shop Pro.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• 1 month later...

:( Okay, now I'm really p....sed! I was told by PB that I needed to upgrade my browser. Okay, fine.

I got an upgrade for my computer (fortunately, from someone who had the discs and loaned them to me, so no $135). It upgraded my Safari browser from 1.3 up to 2.0, which is PB compatable. But...

MY *$%#!@* PHOTOBUCKET ACCOUNT STILL WON'T WORK!!!

And you can't PM a real person ANYWHERE on that flipping site. All you get are lists of "Have you tried this?" crap. So, I can get into my account, I just can't do ANYTHING with it. And if I go to their tutorial page, it makes my browser crash.

I AM NOT HAPPY WITH PHOTOBUCKET :(

Is there any other site where you can store photos so you can post them on the Pub and other forums?

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Is there any other site where you can store photos so you can post them on the Pub and other forums?

Sorry your having so many troubles with Photobucket... OUtside of being painfully slow, I've not had any real troubles with it.

As for other online photo storage options... There is Flickr... Their FREE storage is VERY limited, for any reasonable amount of photo storage on Flickr, you have to pay a fee (can't remember if the fee is annual or monthly). But when I did use Flickr, I did find it easy to use and not too slow.

There is also mySpace, it's easy enough to get the photos onto mySpace, but I have had troubles posting images on the Pub from there before... It is a fussy beast, and probably may not be the best solution... Although unlike Flickr, it is free.

There are probably a lot more options, but that is what came to my mind first. Hope this helps! :(

Michael_banner.jpg

Thanks for the info. The whole thing is pretty frustrating. I used PB for two years with no problems at all. I did the upgrade, per their request, and it still won't work.

And I've done all the usual suggestions they list — toss my cookies, dump my cache, empty the trash, check Java Script, etc. All that is fine.

Actually, the thing that sends my blood pressure soaring, is the fact that you can't contact them directly and tell them what's going on. I think the only way you can do that is to join their forum, and for that you have to register — again, as it is seperate from your regular account. Sigh.

One interesting side effect of my computer upgrate, is that a lot of the smilies on the Pub look like they're having acid-siezures — flashing in weird colors like a marque sign gone berserk. :(

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Interesting... And rather un-Mac-like... :(

Have you tried any of the other browsers available for the Mac? Like Opera, or Mozilla, or Netscape, Or FireFox? I've not used Safari, and I have heard very little about it, so I can't say fairly or not if that may be the problem... But it may be worth a shot if you have the hard drive space to load a second (oer perhaps even a third) web browser program on your computer. A close friend of mine who is an avid Mac user swears by Opera....

Michael_banner.jpg

Someone else I know suggested FireFox, but I haven't heard of the others you mention. The only other browser on my computer right now, is the old IE, which I think is pretty much a dinasaur, isn't it?

Yeah, very un-Mac like. And I have Mac 0S X which is now at 10.4 Go figure. :(

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I have Firefox, pretty darn good.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I think I am going to download Firefox. But, just to confirm that my IE wouldn't work either, I tried that this morning, and got the same reaction — nothing. :rolleyes:

I just hope is isn't some easy fix within my computer, that I'm too stupid to recognise. Some little deal where you click "open" or "block" or "allow" somewhere. Although I had no problems with PB before they told me my version of Safari was too old. You would think fixing that would have solved the problem.

I really hate it when computer stuff make me feel like an idiot. :lol: ...... :o

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Okay, I downloaded Firefox, and can now upload pictures to my PB account again. BUT...I still can't get the copy/paste from one to the other to work. I can get the "copy" from PB, but when I try to paste it into the Pub, the link is no longer there, and as soon as the Pub "paste" window pops down, I lose the access to the Edit file.

I really am feeling like a moron. :rolleyes:

However, I WILL persevere!

RAKEHELL-1.jpg