Blackbeard!

Mr_Scabbs

The best man for the role, alas, has been dead for almost 50 years. Victor McLaglen, who played the dreaded "Hook" in "The Princess and the Pirate" had it all--huge, burly, swaggering lug with the busted-up nose and craggy face of the former boxer he was.

Now if only human cloning could be perfected in the next few months...

Red Sea Trade

In days of old when ships were bold just like the men that sailed 'em,

and if they showed us disrespect we tied 'em up and flailed 'em,

often men of low degree and often men of steel,

they'd make you walk the plank alone or haul you 'round the keel.

--Adam and the Ants

Well, considering a bit. ...

A person that could play a wide eyed manical menacing expression in a historical context...Mel Gibson?

Of course getting him to play something that someone else writes/directs may be a problem.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Daniel Day Lewis would be terrific. So would Clive Owen. Ian McShane would make a STELLAR older Teach. Course he's pretty short.

I always thought Robert Carlyle would make a PERFECT Israel Hands.

Oh I forgot about Clive Owen, aye, I bet he could pull off the role nicely.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Geoffrey Rush as Blackbeard? Naw... too well known as Barbossa and his othe roles to take on the mantle of Mr Teach.

Hmmm... honestly, I can't see any of those gents playing Blackbeard. They seem almost too sweet and gentle and young for Edward. Yes, I agree that Mr. Maclaglen portrayed that persona perfectly well! Oh, I BELIEVED him completely (t'was a hilarious film, too!). It's finding someone like he who's taller than life, twice the size of a man and can pull off that gruff menace but charming hypnosis with practical ease.

Granted, Mr Carlyle does make for a great pick as one of Blackbeard's thugs.

As for Maynard... well, alas, Heath Ledger isn't available for the role!!! Damn! He would have been an EXCELLENT choice for either a Naval man or Pirate.

Mel Gibson? uhhh... no. Granted I like "The Patriot".... but I prefered Jason Isaacs' troubled Dragoon as a better character than Gibson's far out Patriotic tragedy of a man.

Curious if they will use the obsessive witch Aldetha, the one who apparently cursed him according to legend if I recall from what I read of Blackbeard as a young girl.

:::Shrugs::: Time will tell. I've no doubt it will be decently written if done by the same one who did "Gladiator" and "Amistad"... both were brilliant films!

The Director makes all the difference in the world, too. One who can visualize and put it before others with what seems like perfection is beyond brilliant genius!

Costumes I trust will be well done, too.

~Lady B

<_<

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Well, considering a bit. ...

A person that could play a wide eyed manical menacing expression in a historical context...Mel Gibson?

Of course getting him to play something that someone else writes/directs may be a problem.

And he wouldn't do a movie where he was defeated by a Brit.

William Blydes

I don't get lost, I EXPLORE!

CaptRob.jpg

Adventures on the High Seas

(refitted and back on station!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Billy Connolly.

Nuff said.

ANOTHER Scottish Blackbeard ?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but I am afraid that for me, Angus Macfadyen has firmly slammed that door shut.

Someone who would be OUTSTANDING in ANY pirate movieĀ  -- Ray Winstone.

ray-winstone.jpg

I always thought that Ray Winstone would make a good Henry Morgan.

I always wanted Christian Bale to play Bellamy...and both are/were Welsh, correct? Matter of fact...I think Bale could possibly do the best pirate role ever. Sort of mashup his roles in American Psycho, 3:10 to Yuma, Harsh Times, and even young Jim Hawkins in the TNT Treasure Island...and presto! Perfect pirate.

newbannersigtar0db.gif

I always wanted Christian Bale to play Bellamy...and both are/were Welsh, correct? Matter of fact...I think Bale could possibly do the best pirate role ever. Sort of mashup his roles in American Psycho, 3:10 to Yuma, Harsh Times, and even young Jim Hawkins in the TNT Treasure Island...and presto! Perfect pirate.

Don't forget being charged with 'assault' on her majesty's soil...

oh wait, that might make in un-insurable from a producer's point of view.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Someone who would be OUTSTANDING in ANY pirate movieĀ  -- Ray Winstone.

Red Scarlett anger is just what the role needs B)

(for those who remembers Robin of Sherwood)

That would be Will Scarlet lad.. ;)

Loved that series.

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

-- Ray Winstone.

Who?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/