June 2008 Nor Cal Pirate Fest!

Ace of Harbor Bay

Last year, we sailed up in our 30' sailboat and slept aboard. The first night, it was so windy it was like sleeping in a Saturn rocket that was blasting off into space. On Sunday there was almost no wind, so ya just never know...

But it will be sunny, so definitely bring your sunscreen. Ask Jack about what happened to his shins last year...

RHJMap.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And, even if it's windy, I don't think we have to worry about tornados, like the Pt. Washington pirates dealt with — again!

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Whoa! Slow down thar OL Jack The Pirate! Keep th' powder dry now....

3-1/2.....

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

:o Cahin Shot got the smoked turkey done, so it's all ready to go. I am making Ransom's special pyrate trail mix to bring as well. I'll be doing most of the packing tonight and tomorrow night, as Chain Shot is on the road until late Friday night. I am also doing last minute sewing on of buttons and cocking Chain Shot's hat. :o

What a way to break in Chain Shot's new coat — gun crew on the Aldebaran! We'll both come back with our clothes smelling of Eau de Black Powder.....Kewl! :o

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Oderlesseye be a bit nervous having to put his Sword in "check Baggage"

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

From the Crows nest...Oderlesseye sees upon tha Horizon

crowsnestdaytymemorningwakeup.jpg

Saturday: Sunny. Highs in the upper 80s and lows in the mid 50s.

Sunday: Sunny. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the mid 50s.

Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

We've got our cannon charges and quills done and I'm pretty much squared away with my rifle and pistol and accoutrement (had to take the balls out of my shooting purse or I might shot one of my guns by mistake in all that excitement...)

Also need to remember to take my camera so that I can get lots of pictures of Ransom and Chain Shot firing black powder implementia.

Oderlesseye - you do know you have a home base in the TO7S camp, right?

RHJMap.jpg

Yeah, we'll need lots of pictures. Even though we'll be taking our own cameras, it's hard to fire a pistol and snap a pic at the same time — especially of yourself! :rolleyes:

Eyes, you need to PM me your cell phone number. Did I send you Chain Shot's? I can't remember. Also, where did you end up making arrangements to stay — motel or camping? Don't want to miss ya, mate! :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Oderlesseye - you do know you have a home base in the TO7S camp, right?

No I did nauhwt , however ~

Thet be right welcoming of ye.. I am delighted!

Thanx.. As I am Solo this tyme 'round.

I shall find me place amounst yas .

Ransom:

Eye figured on waiting to find a place to stay till I could get a better

lay of the land as it were.. I gots me a rent-a-longboat to get 'round.

I fly up tommorrow afternoon. I will be thar 'round 6 O'clock lurkin about fer rooming.

Noquarter2copy.jpg

1..... :lol::huh::huh:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Oderlesseye be a bit nervous having to put his Sword in "check Baggage"

Oderlesseye: If'in ye got a phobia o' checkers then try a stripped bag instead

:lol:

got me sails set 'n just wait'n for a 4:00am wind then I be off!

:huh::huh:

...oops, almost forgot t' print out me navigational maps!!

*lets see, that be left 'round the horn, then right at Sea Witch Rock...once ashore then it be crawl, crawl, stumble, stumble, fall, roll, crawl, roll.....*

Awh bugger it all! I needs some more rum!!

:huh:

HAZZAH!

:unsure::(:(

NorCal t'was a GRAND show indeed it t'was, 'er at least I had a grand ball all day. First I be attacked at me car by a young lad 'n he's parents, th' lit'le snipe want'd he's picture taken with a real pirate he did, so e'en bet'er I let he'm wear me hat 'n hold me pistol (non-fire'n replica o'course it t'was) 'n he's face lit up like canon fire in th' dead o' night he did. Then half way t' th' gate another young treasure snipe could nay wait t' get inside so I be stop'd again for a picture on th' street side, then once at th' gate I run into none other then Oderlesseye 'n before we can finish our greet TWO young lass' move in on us for a big squeeze...oh, 'n a photo Op too they want'd. Then it be our turn, Oderlesseye 'n I accost th' two young wenches who greet folk at th' gate for some photos o' our own we did. Once inside it t'was a grand show, nice full crowd just ripe for th’ plunder'n it t'was. Throughout th' day I could nay make a single walk 'round th' corner without yet e'en MORE wenches with cameras...and with tight bodices t'boot :P

'n so went th' rest o' th' day, I must ha'e had me arms around e'en much more wenches then 'ol Capt'n Jack hemself I did, this be true as paint I tells ye, e'en more then 'ol Jack. Then there be th' two TALL Thin lass', TALL Thin Girls I tells ye mates (think Jethro Tull; Catfish albumn), they stood so tall on those wood'n stilt legs they did, they be two LoNg Leg'd wenches indeed.... now I would volunteer t' be any crew's powder monkey for life if'n I get a couple o' coconut trees such as those I do!!!

Thar was plenty o' live music, but what caught me ears be The Pirates Charles. I saw this crew first in Big Bear 'n they have a sound quite different from th' rest they do, while not 'period' are they, one would ha'e t' think o' a piraty ren type version o' 'Blind Melon' with perhaps a spark o' Guns&Roses, but mostly Blind Melon only different they be for they have a piraty over tone t' their songs indeed they do. So if ye likes Blind Melon 'er e'en Guns&Roses 'n ye be look'n for somethin' with a piraty flare then ye must seek out this har band! They be quite good indeed right down t' th' cute lass on th' fiddle, th' flute player, th' strings, th' drummer...'n did I mention th’ lass on th' fiddle did I??

Aye, t'was a Grand gather'n o' pirates, scoundrels, 'n scalawags it be, a Grand gather'n! So it went, there was canon fire from land 'n from ship, there was good food...but nay a drop o’ rum t’ be had thar was, howe'er t'was good thing I brought me own jar o' Pyrate XO, 'n there be sing'n, there be sword fight'n, there be magic acts, there be many live pirates 'n there be some dead pirates too, 'n there e'en be a Captain Jack Spareribs. But th' best part o' th' day for me was t' meet th' lovely 'n fiery Scarlett Harlott herself I did...let me tell ye mates, there be some cor-pirates at me work who ha'e fallen in love with her they did when I posted th’ Pier Daze poster in me cube (we be just minutes from Long Beach so I try t' seed some interest), but just wait till they see th' photo Oderlesseye take of th’ lovely Scarlett 'n me, it will tear out their hearts while they try t' gut me 'n feed me own gizzards 't th' sharks they will!!! :P

:(:(;)

Photos are up!

I got them here: Madl's MySpace Harbor

'n for those who may be like me 'n find them cor-pirates be run'n a blockaid at th' port o' MySpace then I have them here too:

http://photobucket.com/Mad_L

if'n ye did not get t' make it t' the fest then just pour yerself some rum, grab a bucket o' popcorn then enjoy the pics 'n pretend ye did :unsure:

(sorry I not be a bet'er photographer, but be'n just a simple pirate I only had a deesposable camera box)

I didn't take any pics from where I was on Aldebaran, but lots of pictures were taken when Ransom and Chainshot joined our cannon crew on Saturday - I'll post 'em when I get 'em. It was a grand battle all around - lots of bangs and booms and blackpowder smoke in the air... Ransom and Chainshot acquitted themselves quite well and were complimented by the Captain of the Aldebaran (at one point, we were getting sail up and Chainshot jumped in and started hauling line.)

Sunday was another good battle. At one point, the shore guns were all set off at once and we heard a big BOOM and saw masses of smoke - in fact, there was so much smoke we couldn't see anything behind it! We were joined by some friends of ours with their own piratical boat, the Sea Eagle.

And in a bit of an amusing aside, after Sunday's battle, we made ready to sail back to home port but needed to offload some passengers who were staying in Vallejo. We were going to do this via a friend with a power boat who was going to motor along side us and we'd have the folks jump/step into his boat. I've done this before - no biggie.

So Russ got ready to speed over to us when a Coast Guard boat "pulled him over" and two Coasties leapt onto his boat. Seems he forgot to put his updated DMV sticker on the boat and they were going to cite him. So we had to keep tacking back and forth while they wrote out a ticket and he signed it. (Didn't know the Coasties did this kind of thing - learn something every day...) So when that was done, he came over and fetched the folks from Aldebaran so we could sail away.

RHJMap.jpg

Red handed Jill.. It were unfortunate That Eye nauhwt clamp me eyes upon ye at the NorCal fest... Nontheless Because of ye extended hand I made quite a few new aquantencses of yar crew in TO7S.. They be a right fyne bunch a pirates.. If I lived in NorCal I would join the group.. We had a bit O'fun together...especial in interacting with the public at Gate duty and a walk about with Patrick Hands compass that only points to rum.. a map and a gold coin.. Thanx again.. Perhaps Eye might see ya at Ojia.

heres the NorCal 2008 Pics Eye gots.. If Ransom looks close enough she might find a pic of her on the Aldebaran I took from shore

Saturday..

Noquarter2copy.jpg

Aye Oderlesseye, glad t' see ye made safe voyage back mate. Thought for a moment ye be drag'd down with th' dead men!

ye knows; them what falls behind.....ha'e more fun...?! :lol: