June 2008 Nor Cal Pirate Fest!

Ace of Harbor Bay

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there, along with my other half, Chain Shot, and with fellow members of Tales of the Seven Seas. Can't wait! :ph34r::ph34r:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Hi Ranson.. Oderlesseye wants ye to know he gots his plane ticket to be at NorCal...Eye will be lookin fer ye to hang out as Eye be solo.. Wife is stayin home.

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

It got'n e'en bigger now?!??

Avast, 'n I wanted t' attend this one but now thar will not be enough room by thundar!!

:ph34r:

hmm, perhaps I can shimmy up one o' these mooring lines 'n hide in the pig pen...I will bite any lubber's ear off what might try 'n stand in me way I will!!

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Hey Eyes, and D-Man, see you there for sure. Maybe we can sneek in a tavern raid Saturday night? Is there one within walking distance of the site, so no one would have to be the designated driver? That would be very kewl! B)

Also, Chain Shot is smoking a turkey for the TOT7S food supply tent. Lots of yummie snacking, or turkey sammies!

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Also, Chain Shot is smoking a turkey.....

B)

...now that stirs up a right odd image it does, right odd indeed. B)

Ransom....PM me the dinner bell! :lol:

Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

...but now, like see here just a minute, just which end do ye be smoke'n a turkey from anyway?

:lol:

Ya fire up the smoker. Ya puts the nice little thawed out birdie in the smoker, ya close the door, and wait for about four hours. Then ya take out the newly smoked, cooked, juicy birdie, let it cool a bit, and carve it up.

Smoking does not involve shooting the bird (I smoked him), or impaling the bird on a stick and hanging him over an open fire. Sheesh! We're pirates, not barbarians!

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

*visions o' denim clad teenage pirates with spiked hair, all gather'd at th' stern o' th' ship 'n pass'n round a dead turkey rolled in corn husk 'n lit at one end...*

;)

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Hah, I must be getting slow. I forgot that deffinition of smoking! However, I hear turkey is hard to keep lit! Must smell pretty bad, too. :ph34r:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Ummm, okay, nix the tavern raid!!!!!!

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Were pirates who RRRR armed to the teeth..eerrr... So ifen thar be a watering hole nearby... ;)

Noquarter2copy.jpg

Were pirates who RRRR armed to the teeth..eerrr... So ifen thar be a watering hole nearby... ;)

Does bring up a good point (no pun intended...really)

Hav'n been one who grew up in th' carnival business (where patrons are NOT allowed weapons through the gate) from th' time I was just a baby, I have seen many a fight 'n riot on the faire grounds both day 'n night, especially if there be any live music offered, 'N, especially when the ale flow'd like th' Rio Grand!

But ha'e any o' ye old timers seen many at Pirate 'n Ren faere???

• 2 weeks later...

Decided this needed a bump, just to remind folks. :P

Looking forward to the feast, Jill.

It's getting closer and closer. From what I hear, it looks to be a windy event. Makes me REALLY glad I have a motel room. I have no desire to be blown to Sacramento in the middle of the night. :P I narrowly missed the tornado in Pt. Washington, WI last year. I will not temp fate twice! :P

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Eye just might need a 'Period' wind breaker fer this aye? ;)

Noquarter2copy.jpg

Eye just might need a 'Period' wind breaker fer this aye? :(

More like a sandbag and guy lines. :ph34r:

See you soon, Eyes! :ph34r:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

A 'period wind breaker'?

ah heck, I can pull that off with a good chug o' some cheap rum 'n some stale cheese......just stand back and Do NOT light a match!