2008 Festival Schedule

hurricane

I'm still working on when we (Carol who's staying at a hotel) and I are arriving....... maybe Wednesday..... I just know that We have to leave really early on Monday morning so we can get to Los Vegas for a baseball show (we sell mascots)

Hey... Animal... will be cool ter see ye again..........

Sorry for the multiple posts, but this is important to some of you...

Just got word from Key West and the Bone Island Buccaneers...

The festival at the fort itself has been extended. It is now Thursday, Dec. 4 through Dec. 7. For those that have flexibility in your booking or travel arrangements, you may want to adjust for a four-day festival instead of the original three.

I would assume move in is bumped up to Dec. 2 & 3 for the encampments to accommodate the extra day of fun in the sun at the fort.

The revised schedule is at http://www.piratesinparadise.com/schedule/index.html

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

That's correct. We want to do a special Living History day for the area schools. These "school days" have been quite successful with our CW event. We're hoping to translate that to this event.

Sorry for the multiple posts, but this is important to some of you...

Just got word from Key West and the Bone Island Buccaneers...

The festival at the fort itself has been extended. It is now Thursday, Dec. 4 through Dec. 7. For those that have flexibility in your booking or travel arrangements, you may want to adjust for a four-day festival instead of the original three.

I would assume move in is bumped up to Dec. 2 & 3 for the encampments to accommodate the extra day of fun in the sun at the fort.

The revised schedule is at http://www.piratesinparadise.com/schedule/index.html

-- Hurricane

Hairbonesig.jpg

-------

Fort Taylor Pyrate Fest MySpace Page

Master Hairbone's MySpace Page

-------

There is no more equitable judge than a cannon

That's correct. We want to do a special Living History day for the area schools. These "school days" have been quite successful with our CW event. We're hoping to translate that to this event.

As in...explaining 18th century surgery and surgical tools? (Among certain other things...)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Looking at home schoolers and 3rd thru 8th grades.

Of course, this is all contingent on the cooperation of the schools. They have this idiotic achievement test that they spend the bulk of the year studying for and if the teacher doesn't think the field trip subject matter fits in with the test, they don't participate. The teachers aren't happy with it, either. Something left to us by the Jr. Bush when he was the guv.

Hairbonesig.jpg

-------

-------

FYI, I moved the OT comments about education to the Beyond forum. Sorry for any confusion.

You can find it here.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

anyone know what day the pub in the fort will be open???

Friday, Saturday & Sunday 3pm to 11pm. I scheduled those hours well after the times anybody would be shooting weapons. Plus, it gives the public a chance to party with us, as it were.

The re-enactor/participant schedule will be mailed out with the rest of the information about the event next week.

Hairbonesig.jpg

-------

-------

• 2 weeks later...

Ahoy all!

The final schedule for Pirates in Paradise has been posted on the PiP site. Go to http:/www.piratesinparadise.com then click on the schedule. There is also a link to a downloadable version of the program.

Note: This is not a fort festival schedule. That's Harry and the Bone Island Buccaneer's thing. This is just what the public sees, with the addition of the usual cast party noted on Sunday on the website that doesn't appear in the pdf of the program. I added it so you all knew it was still going on. :)

Fair winds... off to St. Augustine for some pillaging this weekend so you can revel in the silence of my absence.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

Uh, still here...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Me, quiet?

And "of his size?"

Oh, my Master of Arms is going to have a rough go of it, isn't he at PiP? :)

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Me, quiet?

And "of his size?"

-- Hurricane

Like that is anything new???? And about size, you are taller than me and even though you are on the right track with the battle of the bulge ( as if I have anywhere to talk), you still outweigh me. I was complementing on your stealth :blink:

Your humble master at arms,

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Me, quiet?

And "of his size?"

-- Hurricane

Like that is anything new???? And about size, you are taller than me and even though you are on the right track with the battle of the bulge ( as if I have anywhere to talk), you still outweigh me. I was complementing on your stealth ;)

Animal

ya know Ani.....yur Capn sure is a'round alot fer bein gone....!?!?? ;) !?!?!?!

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Me, quiet?

And "of his size?"

-- Hurricane

Like that is anything new???? And about size, you are taller than me and even though you are on the right track with the battle of the bulge ( as if I have anywhere to talk), you still outweigh me. I was complementing on your stealth :P

Animal

ya know Ani.....yur Capn sure is a'round alot fer bein gone....!?!?? :P !?!?!?!

He does that :lol: , but he hates it when they go off and leave in charge o the ship. Can you say PARTTYY. He thinks he's clever hiding the good stuff in his quarters bur I can smell alco...alcoloh....booze a mile away. He even tried padlocking his quarters and when he got back, the door was locked and the booze was gone and I was passed out up in the riggin' :lol:

Animal

Edited by Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!