The Sealkie’s Hide

Jessie, That would be wonderful! Considering the tables this year will be picnic tables from the park I think it will work well. lol

Now, I need a bed warmer. It is an Ordinary AND an Inn ...okay so the in is in the town but I am looking for a very sturdy bed warmer ...something that can take the abuse of being used against the head of a willing pirate. Hey, Bess Hagerty has her spoon, I can have a bed warmer. I am just starting to look at them on ebay but thought I would ask if anyone around here might have one that they need to find a home for. lol.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack! I thought you had fallen off the edge of the world, mate. You will be missed along with the rest of your gang and of course William.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

As anyone who frequents both this tavern & the Pyracy Pub knows I am establishing an ordinary to support my pyrate persona.

The idea of an ordinary sprung from a need at pip. Many people who travel to PiP fly in and are limited in what they can bring with them.

I think it would be beneficial that at least those in the PC encampment coordinate cooks so they can make plans in advance and give us an idea what each person may need to pay to be fed. We spoke about this last year before PiP but it never seemed to come to fruition. Didn't matter, things worked out just fine but it would be nice to make sure the cooks don't end up paying out all of the funding for the food & drink (Drink being Gatorade. lol)

Since the ordinary is my "business" I am will serve as the single point of contact contact for the kitchen.

Anyone bringing cooking gear: Could you PM a general listing of cooking gear about what you have that you are willing to bring/share. (Mark your gear if you have not already.) No sense in having someone bring a dutch oven from Michigan when someone in Florida is bring two. If you think it easier to lug the dutch oven with you rather than make a list or share with others that's cool too.

Anyone wanting/willing to cook/help cook PM me if you wish. If you don't PM me you can still cook, I am just looking to make sure that only one person isn't doing all the work since the Mercury is such a loose crew and The Archangel will be short the cooks they scored last year. :D Anyone want to take charge of the cooking? Include that in the PM.

Any one wanting to eat at the ordinary let me know so we can establish a cost of eating at the encampment.

Food restrictions ...I fear you will have to see to it yourself but I am sure there will be no objection to using the equipment or the fire.

If there is something that you just HAVE to have, like marmalade, I suggest you either request that some is purchased or bring it yourself. ;)

Edited by Silkie McDonough

I, for one, will be frequenting the Hide for all of my gustatory needs. Present me with a bill, Mistress, and I will gladly part with the needed dollars.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

I will plan on a few meals at your establishment with Mark, as well ~

The giant aluminum wash bowl and serving tray may be available, if the Captain is bringing them down and indicates we don't need it... I will see what else I can do to help.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

As anyone who frequents both this tavern & the Pyracy Pub knows I am establishing an ordinary to support my pyrate persona.

Since the ordinary is my "business" I am will serve as the single point of contact contact for the kitchen.

Anyone wanting/willing to cook/help cook PM me if you wish. I am just looking to make sure that only one person is doing all the work since the Mercury is such a loose crew and The Archangel will be short the cooks they scored last year.

Any one wanting to eat at the ordinary let me know so we can establish a cost of eating at the encampment.

Food restrictions ...I fear you will have to see to it yourself but I am sure there will be no objection to using the equipment or the fire.

If there is something that you just HAVE to have, like marmalade, I suggest you either request that some is purchased or bring it yourself. :blink:

Ah Lass...ahem... remember tis only so much that the vehicle and trailer can hold...along with the bodies that need be going.... if ye are to cook for the entire camp... might I be suggesting a simple menu of items that can be obtained in Key West that won't cost an arm and a leg. And, after watching cooks fall like flies because of the heat just in Virginia, I would suggest you get more than one cook to do all that work... nothing wrong with more than one taking a stir at the pot along with the cleaning up afterwards...

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Silkie - I sent ya a PM but since me sent items folder is empty and I am still learnin how to use this site, I can't be sure ya got it. My wife and I will be attending our first PiP this year, thanks to a trip to a recent festival in Ft Myers that we couldn't get enough of.

Anyway, being new to all of this we are still trying to obtain clothing and campsite and the like, so don't have cooking gear to offer. But seeing as I love the heat and hate cold, and run 2 restaurants for a living (unless I love PiP even more than the festival and decide to become a full-time pirate :D ) - I would love to help ya with your ordinary any way I can, whether it be cooking or just helpin around.

Now to keep lookin at the 1,000 different PC tent options............

Oi when were it cold at PiP? <_<

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Ah Lass...ahem... remember tis only so much that the vehicle and trailer can hold...along with the bodies that need be going.... if ye are to cook for the entire camp... might I be suggesting a simple menu of items that can be obtained in Key West that won't cost an arm and a leg. And, after watching cooks fall like flies because of the heat just in Virginia, I would suggest you get more than one cook to do all that work... nothing wrong with more than one taking a stir at the pot along with the cleaning up afterwards...

For starters I am not cooking. Next, simple fare and finally the shopping will be done down there. ...If I actually have any say in it all. I am hoping to recruit a few head cook & a few cooks mates to plan that part. lol I am a manager ...I delegate to people who know what they are doing. lol Heck, I am still worried I am biting off more than I can chew as it is.

I am thinking only 2 meals a day. Some sort of breakfast and a supper. If we have enough cooks each can claim a meal to lead. I know I would like to keep the cost down because I don't want to spend lots of $. Getting there will be expensive enough. Stew & such will be just fine. I know there are people who would rather not commit to meals for those people, if we have left overs ...you can buy them. lol

Will, please accept my apologies. I have an odd work schedule and company this week and have not replied only because I hadn't the time to compose a missive. YES! if your garb is minimal acceptable (which is easy to do) and you are willing I would gladly take you up on your offer.

Another delegator... whatever happened to leading by example... <_<

Crewe of the Archangel

John luv, You would likely not wish me to cook, I am use to cooking for one ...which means I don't cook often. lol

Will anyone be around to make an eBay bid for me some around 11:00 PM EST? PM me if you will. I will be at work and I have found something I very much would like to have.

At this time we have 2 cooks:

Willie Wobble

William Blackheart.

and several Cooks assistants.

I have counted only a few people who will be sharing in on the fare at the ordinary. If you wish to eat at the Hide and have not made that known yet please do. I won't be able to feed you if you don't let me know in advance.

Thanks

Silkie.

oi Silkie-darlin'.....i have no idea if the Capn's got me cookin gear or no....or if the Capn planned to drag it down or no....

so....dont know how much i could/would be helpin as of yet...just got me travel squared away...now figurein on the cargo???

so...i could be helpin out with a cobbler or two??....perhaps even a shepards pie?...and as long as i dont fergit....still plan on bringin some greek/macedonian coffee down as well....

how much you plannin on chargin per meal???

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

oi Silkie-darlin'.....i have no idea if the Capn's got me cookin gear or no....or if the Capn planned to drag it down or no....

so....dont know how much i could/would be helpin as of yet...just got me travel squared away...now figurein on the cargo???

so...i could be helpin out with a cobbler or two??....perhaps even a shepards pie?...and as long as i dont fergit....still plan on bringin some greek/macedonian coffee down as well....

how much you plannin on chargin per meal???

I have yer cookin gear and aye I was bringing it along... I also have the hand me downs from mom and dad, a tripod, s hooks, and a five quart cauldron... oh and all the cooking tools... and two more lanterns

Crewe of the Archangel

Okay, looks like we are fixed for cooking gear.

As to how much itis tough to figure out what to charge since I may not have a complete head count yet. With that in mind...

If you are interested in eating at the encampment & "The Selkies Hide" and have not let me know here please sound of here or PM me.

Okay, looks like we are fixed for cooking gear.

As to how much itis tough to figure out what to charge since I may not have a complete head count yet. With that in mind...

If you are interested in eating at the encampment & "The Selkies Hide" and have not let me know here please sound of here or PM me.

First figure out yer menu...

Crewe of the Archangel

Just be sure to stand clear when Willie is ibirking. It's hard to wash out of your clothes, especially the chunks.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Mad Dog , you bring the java i've got the ibirka

Oh I have Maddogge's pot as well... ask him to read yer future from the dregs

Crewe of the Archangel