Paynestown

LadyBarbossa

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, they didn't call it a pot luck...what was it that they did call it? It was some sort of warped Indiana-speak.

A very nice event - I learned a lot. I wish I would have taken some notes on what happened so I could make a web page of it. (It seems to take me a day to get acclimated and start seeing what's quirky and interesting to report about an event.)

I think the term you are thinking of is "Pitch In Dinner"... Crazy Hoosiers and their strange terms.

I think the wife will be posting the photos tonight... I think there was only about 300 this time... ;)

But is was an awesome event... I'd even have to say this one can be compared to PiP, and is without a doubt the second biggest event I have been to (next to PiP of course). Can't wait for next year.

It was great to see everyone again, and meet Tartan Jack from the pub (I don't think anyone else that was new to me is here on the pub, sorry if I am wrong).

Connie, it was great to see you this time! Hanging out with Silas is great and all, but we missed you in May, so it was awesome that you made it this time.

Too many good memories to recount during this short break from work... But I am sure the stories will come out over time... ;)

Michael_banner.jpg

Micheal--i sure hope i dont offend, but i think this was better than PIP because people actually came to the event encampment.. and learned and enjoyed!

there was tremendous interaction between those putting it on and those who came to look around...

edutainment is what i can call it for lack of a better adjective!!

suffice it to say,that if someone wants my opinion on PIP, they can ask for it--i aint gonna just give it away for those who dont want it.....

i want events that affect the lives and thinking of the people who give it and those who come-- THIS EVENT DEFINITELY DID BOTH.... AND WE HAD AN AWESOMETIME DOING IT!!!

i love that i met new people, lovely people..good souls that affect my family and our lives....our thinking and doing

for this very reason i shall continue to attend close events ... and let me say it-- marc, jenny,dan, mark,jess,micheal,tartan,nate,jen-- YOU ARE THE REASONS!!!--and if youall are going somewhere far away-- you could talk me into it simply by your attending!!!

simply said--i cannot speak highky enough of this event!!

{ did i make myself clear??

sure hope so!!!

ladyconstance

I am glad to hear all went so well! I can't wait to see the photos. Congratulations on such a success!

How many years has the event been happening?

I think this was either year 4 or 5 Silkie.

Our photos may not make it up until tomorrow as we are so busy with the cleaning up of crud... :rolleyes:

Michael_banner.jpg

No, they didn't call it a pot luck...what was it that they did call it? It was some sort of warped Indiana-speak.

A very nice event - I learned a lot. I wish I would have taken some notes on what happened so I could make a web page of it. (It seems to take me a day to get acclimated and start seeing what's quirky and interesting to report about an event.)

It was a "Pirate Pitch-in".

Mark

I am glad to hear all went so well! I can't wait to see the photos. Congratulations on such a success!

How many years has the event been happening?

I think this was either year 4 or 5 Silkie.

Our photos may not make it up until tomorrow as we are so busy with the cleaning up of crud... :rolleyes:

It was the 4th year. Jen was telling me that they are going to make a big deal out of next year being the 5th year to try to get more press coverage.

Mark

I got back to my fam in the Western North Carolina mnts at about midnight, and home tonight.

It was my first event as a participant EVER. I am thankful to everyone for the help they were to me and I learned A LOT on where to improve for the future and what I need to bring/leave at home in the future. I promise to try and lower my intensity level in the future . . . please, feel free to politely ask me to chill a bit. As finances allow me to get better equipped and make more events in general, some things will take care of themselves. For everything else, just let me know how/what to improve (PM me if you have any recommendations).

Bring multiple shirts! Period garb is worn Friday through Sunday and people from the public come in look around and ask a lot of questions.

Ice and water was provided, as was firewood. Kudos to Nathan, the other organizers, and DNR for all that.

For anyone reading this who is far away . . .

I drove 550 miles to get there and 9/10 hours (lost nearly an hour in northern Kentucky traffic jams). It was WELL worth it!

If you can, go next year! I HIGHLY recommend it.

It is worth a 12-15 hour drive!

I can't compliment Nathan, Mickey, Kate, Marc and his wonderful wife, Ben, Thomas, Mission, Steven (assumed spelling), the family that ran the pub, the Thatcher family, Rats, "Chuck-Town" and ALL the others I had the opportunity to meet enough.

Without the crew from Columbus I wouldn't . . . Well, I OWE you! KUDOS!!! Let me know what I can do in return at the Santa Maria event in Sept.

Mission took a great pict of me on Sunday just before I headed back. My open kneed breeches can now be said to be properly "grungified" . . . (Oh, and my hand is fine now. Everything is ship-shape.)

I'll post up some of my picts tomorrow, once I unbury my camera and load them up.

GREAT event!

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

tartan jack--

there is no need to chill!!

excitement is a very good thing!!

never let anyone steal your joy and happiness about anything you are passionate about!!

my only regret is that i had to leave your talking to make my kids behave!!--sorry about that!!

and i soooooooooooo agree-- it was worth the drive !!!

see you around here and at the sancta maria event!!!

:)

lady constance