Can You Sail Under a Pyrate....

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the two babies are still doing fine, at around four weeks of age!..The first born is now showing red pinfeathers on the head, meanin' she be a girl!...Bess; Kathy is going to try to get some pictures on the laptop, then either we'll post, or email......Yar-Bee-Garrrr!

Buggar!!...Seems that the code procedure threw me hook for a loop, but the link be workin' now, as Cap'n Kat fixed it for yours truuuuely!...and..Wwe just checked the babies, and the second one is a girl also!..Way to go Rose, as two girls are very uncommon, and very excellent, says I!!

Edited by the Royaliste

• 2 weeks later...

Well shiver me timbers! These little buggars can really peep up a storm now!....Seems right along with rearin' these guys, it be time to start lookin' for a couple 'o crew for this summer's cruise...We're tryin' to sail out from under this horrible economic mess, and the events are few and far between,but....Looks like refit and launch on Lake Champlain, canal it to the St. Lawrence, sail to a fest in Montreal, then several stops on Lake Ontario along the New York side, and off to a fest in Port Colborne, Ontario. Then, well, most likely back to Lake Champlain by way of canal, or possibly down the Atlantic to the Chesapeake. Too far off to call, mates..If you can sail, rig, climb, and or be a general educator on pyracy, then give me an email..Room and board, great experiences, and possible tips, 'o course....Aye!

• 2 weeks later...

Still stuck in SD, Captain? Hehe, good Lord! After hearin' what they've got up there. I have to admit, rather glad to hear all that along the red river won't come this way. But still leary nonetheless.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 2 weeks later...

Aye! We're back in the Dakotas, but it be a time of traveling for me. Off to New York soon to start refitting Royaliste for launch and this year's sailin' schedule...Sawin', plankin',screwin' and nailin'....Turnin' a little dirt to plant some veggies here, and hoping real spring is coming soon....

At least the weather is better for all that, Captain. :)

Wish I could join the crew -pondered it - but I have a cat that I refuse to leave behind.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Ah, pets.....We've sailed with quite a menagery, but alas, we had to farm out our cats long ago, as they really don't do temporary sea duty well...A partial list comes to mind; a few fish, many dogs, assorted birds, some lizards, two different crewmembers with cacti, and one mouse (not counting an 'actor' mouse, but that be another story)...For several years, we have been trying to partner up with another ship we know of, La Revenante. Even though this is our most economically strapped tour, it looks as though she'll be launched and partnered up with Royaliste. Finally, two period gunboats sparring it up for the summer. If Lake Ontario cooperates weatherwise, it should be awesome, says I!....I'm headed to New York next week to assess winter damage, and start some mast repair and a head job for the Perkins powerplant. A sad bit of news, if no one has posted it; the replica frigate, Niagra, has lost most of her backing, and is at the dock instead of touring, thanks to the economy...Sad, as we like sailing with her...If anyone here is wealthy, send millions to the Niagra in Erie...( and a fistful our way!).....It's a rough time to be micro-managing a Tallship......Sail Ho!

Aye Captain,

Next time yer in Arizona, you'll have to give me call. I'd like to return yer hospitality for the time I crewed on yer ship and invite you and the misses to dinner.

Fair winds for this season's tour.

~BHP

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

• 5 weeks later...

We'll be sure to do that, 'Pearl.....

Yar-Bee-Gar!...I hates to post this little tidbit,but....I've been on the road a while, offline, and we now have news that the few venues we did have lined out this season have all bailed on us,so....For the first time since 2002, Royaliste won't be spreadin' piracy accross the waters of the U.S. and Canada this summer.....a sign of the economic times, for sure.....Assumin' we manage to hang in there all year, next year's calendar (2010) is already shapin' up with the Tallships Challenge, having eight ports onboard already coverin' all five Great Lakes...Montreal to Duluth, and 'down' to Chicago..Green Bay, Cleveland,etc........See ya mates, I'll toss out an update or two this summer while we do some refittin'....

Edited by the Royaliste

• 2 months later...

Her's a partial schedule of next summer's port stops. We'll have quite a few 'unscheduled stops', as there is a lot of time to kill between several of these posted.

TALL SHIPS CHALLENGE® GREAT LAKES 2010 sponsored by Great Lakes United

Montreal, QUE – June 11 – 13, 2010

TBD – June 18 -20

Toronto, ON – June 23 – 27

Cleveland, OH - July 7 – 11, 2010

Bay City, MI – July 15 – 18, 2010

Duluth, MN – July 29 – August 1, 2010

TBD – August 6 – 8, 2010

Green Bay, WI – August 12 – 15, 2010

Chicago, IL – August 24 – 29, 2010

I'm off to Lake Champlain to work on the ship next week. Here's to the weather stayin' dry..(paint and stuff really dislike wetness,eh?)