Ragetti's wooden eye replica

Cut-throat

I am a costume and prop maker and decided to try something new. I just finished a screen accurate replica of Ragetti's wooden eye from Pirates of the Caribbean.

Here it is......

CIMG3412.jpg

...and here is the screen used prop for comparison......

748155856_ef2594fd5a_o.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. I may offer these if there are enough people that want one.

ROTDLMAO!

It's so GROSS!!! It's AWESOME! :)

:::Raises hand::: Aye! I'm game for one!

And I may know a few Barbossa's and one Ragetti who may be game for one, too.

Name yo'r price, good sir. :huh:

~Lady B

:unsure:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Thank you kindly, Lady. I figured there would be a few people out there that would appreciate Captain Barbossa's piece of eight. I love the Barbossa character and I always wondered why Master Replica, or some other company hadn't jumped on the idea.

As for price, I figured $20.00 ($15.00 for the eye, $5.00 for shipping costs) would cover my work time, paint, and shipping, seeing as they will all be hand made.

Anytime you are ready, just PM me and I would be more than happy to oblige.

Brilliant! :)

Thank ye fo' th' info, Cutthroat. I'll spread th' word and aye, I'll be interested. :lol:

~Lady B

B)

Thank you very much. I look forward to making them. I have a lot of fun doing it. Also, I will be modifying it a bit to make it look even more screen accurate.

I will be making a few of them right along, so whenever you find out just let me know how many you need. I do accept paypal if that is easier for you.

That's sort of neat. I don't know quite what you'd do with such, but it's sort of neat. I wonder why they would put veins in it? (I know, I'm trying to apply practical considerations to something patently impractical, but still...that would cost extra and serve no purpose.)

Now...can you make a monkey cage out of willow branches? I have a practical use for that. Sort of.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Pyrateleather, thank you for the kind words, and if your friends would like one, you can just PM me here anytime.

Mission, I can make just about anything. Problem is, getting willow branches where I live. If you can find them, I'm more than certain I could rig something up for you.

:lol::ph34r::ph34r:

OMG! I would LOVE to see Terry's face seeing the eye! :lol:

:ph34r:B)B)

Yeah, I'm sure Greg would jump for it. Richie would, too. ::ponders::: Wondering if the other 3 would, too. Will have to get ahold of them somehow. :)

Now... how's about this challenge, Cutthroat.

The Navigational Charts.

I know a few people who are dying to have it but not sure how to make it.

~Lady B

B)

Funny you should ask. My business partner and I were talking about that just yesterday. Problem is, we need detailed photos of the chart. If we had those, the working mechanics wouldn't be that difficult.

Wish I had seen this sooner...

If we'd had it for the CHOC event tomorrow I could have gotten a picture of Lee holding it.

Hey.... you're near Anaheim aren't you?? Come to the CHOCH event and bring one!

Or... next time. :ph34r:

By the way... WHAT is this thing made out of??

Money is all sent. Check yer paypal account mate.... B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Problem is, we need detailed photos of the chart. If we had those, the working mechanics wouldn't be that difficult.

Hmmmmmmmm...... :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

GO look under the RAID Forum.

THere is an entire TOPIC on the CHOC event tomorow.

Several actors from the POTC films will be there... and your's truely.

BRING MY EYE!!! B)

In fact I am leaving at 4pm to head on fdown there...

See you all Monday! :ph34r:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Now... how's about this challenge, Cutthroat.

The Navigational Charts.

I know a few people who are dying to have it but not sure how to make it.

He doesn't presently make the Nav Charts, but I'll bet some prodding could get Indy Magnoli to make them. He already sells a few PotC prop replicas (banadana and ring, Royal Pardon and Davy Jones' key, Aztec coin). I have personally bought one of his Goonies keys and Goonies doubloons and I can tell you it's the highest quality imaginable. His stuff is pricey but reenactors are probably used to sticker shock (the Goonies key was about $100 three years ago). Also, he doesn't always have all of his merchandise in stock. He seems to make a batch, then sell through, then make more and there can be some lengthy waits while he's sold out. I'm not trying to pimp the guy, but his stuff is good and I'll bet he'd have an inside track on seeing the actual prop to duplicate it.

Arr I be likin' th' eye! A huge amount of effort, yer should be proud!

Here be a challenge for yer me hearty, yer reckon yer could make th' other 'pieces of eight' of the Pirate Lords? I know that would be a fair collection to 'av.

The Feared and Ruthless Captain Drake Flint

"YARR! Roaming the seas, I take what I find; gold, wenches and mead, the pirates life is mine!"

Heavy Metal Pirate Brotherhood

+ nunc est bibendum +

Problem is, we need detailed photos of the chart. If we had those, the working mechanics wouldn't be that difficult.

Hmmmmmmmm...... :lol:

Isn't Disney a bit strict about licensing and whatnot?

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Ahoy there bess!

When ya see Treva and Vince at the event...would you thank them for Captn Spareribs?

I MC'd the CHOC event up here and got a chance to hang out with them for most of the evening. Man, you could not find nicer guys....for black hearted cut throats that is.

Bess, I just wanted to say that it was great to finally meet you. I had an incredible time and it was for a really good cause. I hope you enjoyed your Ragetti eye.

Where did you disappear to ? My buddy and I got back from grabbing a drink and you vanished.

Ahh mate... I was in demand,all over the place working out the details AND helping run the event so..... :ph34r: Sorry I was unable to stay put....

But I know you got yer pictures (Great!) and the eye (mine finally nestled in m'cleavage so I could keep an eye on everything... :blink:

Post what pictures you have up at the CHOC event thread in RAIDS so that everyone can see the event AND your artestry!

Well done mate, well done.... :ph34r:

(Maybe we need on for Geoffrey??) :ph34r:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Hmmmmmmmm...... :blink:

Isn't Disney a bit strict about licensing and whatnot?

That's the Rumor..... :ph34r:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Bess, all that matters to me is that you are happy with the eye. And as I told you at the event, I spoke to two master woodworkers and they said that wood is a beast. It dries and cracks depending on the weather. They said that if I treated the wood any more than I already did, it will flush out the detail and discolor it.

So, if anything happens to your's just let me know and I'll ship you out another one right away. That's my warranty. :ph34r: