The heavy sea shanties!

Avast all ye scoundrels who enjoy the pirate songs a bit louder than the rest of ye crew...

You may of heard of Running Wild and if you spend many a night chasing the horizon listening to them then try a band from over here in Scotland:

Alestorm!

Their album 'Captain Morgan's Revenge' can be plundered from Amazon and Play.com B)

The Feared and Ruthless Captain Drake Flint

"YARR! Roaming the seas, I take what I find; gold, wenches and mead, the pirates life is mine!"

Heavy Metal Pirate Brotherhood

+ nunc est bibendum +

I just got my Alestorm album, and I do love it! Many pirate heavy metal bands are difficult for those unfamiliar with the genre - many, in fact, are so hard to understand that you wouldn't even know they're piratey unless you read the lyrics. No such trouble with Alestorm - you can hear the pirate in them through and through. And the music is fairly approachable too!

I AM BILGEMUNKY

Yarr Bilgemunky I tip me hat in ye general direction! :lol: It be a pleasure t' see they 'av a followin' over th' pond...

The Feared and Ruthless Captain Drake Flint

"YARR! Roaming the seas, I take what I find; gold, wenches and mead, the pirates life is mine!"

Heavy Metal Pirate Brotherhood

+ nunc est bibendum +

Avast! Ye knows ye been listen' t' Bilgemunky Radio too long when ye reads one o' he's postings 'n actually hears he's voice aloud in yer head!!!

:rolleyes:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

• 1 month later...

Aye, I was shown Alestorm a while back by a friend. I happened to be metal hunting one day, saw theird album and without a whim bought the heck outta it! I love them! One of the better heavy metal bands I've heard

"I'm no fencing master, but I had some schoolin' in the art of cold steel"

• 11 months later...

take a listen to Captain Bog's and Salty...last time I heard 'em they were headed that a way......

The Enigmatic Rogue...and may always be<br />

<br />

"I kissed her... once with passion... once with love... and told her good bye"

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My biggest complaint with Swashbuckle is that they seem to sacrifice artistic quality for shock value.

They do tilt a bit that way, but they still have a few songs I enjoy (that I like to mix into my Alestorm play list). I hope as they age a bit as a group they may get past the need to "shock and awe", one can hope at least.

Pirates of Reno

Pyrates Harbor

(like a myspace for pirates)