Big Bear Pirate Faire - June 7 & 8

Black Hearted Pearl

One more week t' th' Pirate Annie Goldielocks 'n' Three Buccaneer Bears faire!!

Looks like Mcdraco and I will be carpooling up, I have room for 1 (possibly 2) more if anyone else would be interested in splitting the cost o' fuel?

My route currently takes me from Pasadena going SouthEast along 210-fwy then divert South on either 605 or 57 down to area of the 5-fwy & 91, then on up t' Big Bear. If anyone be along that route and be capable o' sailing under command o' a pirate then step forward! Be hasty now mates, look lively, first come first serve!

Oh, I be headn' out 'bout 7am, plan t' reach Mcdraco (5/91) 'bout 8/8:30, reach Big Bear hopefully by opening time at 10am, WILL STAY to closing at 6pm.

*NO Monkeys 'n' NO Parrots Allowed on this voyage, they tend t' mess on the upholstery 'n rip the trim decor off me ship

<_<

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

I ask ye mate; Can ye sail under th' command o' a pirate, or can ye not?

If'n ye be along this here trade route then sign up 'n split th' fuel three ways!

(note: loss o' limb 'er eye do Not count)

At $4.20 per gal o' wind in yer sail, this be a STEEL...which should interest any red-blooded pirate it should! :lol:

newmap.jpg

I run a tight ship as I will be leav'n Port Pasadena at 7am SHARP 'n will not be leav'n Port Big Bear till the Dons run us off (that be after close'n it be)

With o'er 10 year snow skiin' I knows this route like th' back o' me hand 'n can e'en sail it with me eyes closed I can....but I promise ye I will not.

So sign up now 'n avoid me press gang later :lol:

:lol:

McDraco says he is will'n t' meet half way as well so if anyone be on any other 'alternate' route o' this here path then I can still add one (maybe two) more to ease the cost o' gasoline!! Even split from were e'er the meet place be to round trip.

So if someone along the 210, 710, 10, 15 want t' jump in (I promise to slow down as we pass!) then step forward - Only two and one half days t' sign aboard!!

*Did I mention me ship be a mid-sized SUV, Ford Explorer, seats 5 all in comfort for a long drive, pad'd seats, seat coves, cup holders, MP3 pirate tunes e'en!!

ride.jpg

*actual size may vary

What Be Wrong With Ye?!? Ye Wants A Sun Roof Too!??! :rolleyes:

...thar be no please'n some pirates!

Tomorrow be the day lads, we make land at Big Bear!

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

I feel a fare wind a stir'n 'n the dolphins be gather'n at me bow, smell o' rum be in th' air while th' whisper o' siren sweet be a call'n!

:unsure:

Aye, it was good to see you Graydog on Saturday and the rest of yer crew on Sunday. What is this rumbling I heard about ye liking my treasure chest? Don't be trying to steal me treasure.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Aye, it was good to see you Graydog on Saturday and the rest of yer crew on Sunday.  What is this rumbling I heard about ye liking my treasure chest?  Don't be trying to steal me treasure.

Tis always a joy it be to get to share time with the Black Hearted Pearl, that it truly be.

Nay, I be not tryin to steal yer treasure chest, t'would be an ungentlemanly thing to do, and that be the truth. I just need to be assayin the weight to determin its value, an act recognized for lawful purposes by the King Himself. I be an authorized inspector with a badge of office and duly deputized by Royal Govenor Hefner.

Fair winds,

-Greydog

B)

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Tis always a joy it be to get to share time with the Black Hearted Pearl, that it truly be.

Nay, I be not tryin to steal yer treasure chest, t'would be an ungentlemanly thing to do, and that be the truth. I just need to be assayin the weight to determin its value, an act recognized for lawful purposes by the King Himself. I be an authorized inspector with a badge of office and duly deputized by Royal Govenor Hefner.

Fair winds,

-Greydog

So ye not be a pirate, but a tax collector?

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Thar be a difference?

Thar be a difference?

Aye there be:

One takes all they can 'n give nothin' back then leaves. Th' other takes all ye ha'e, all ye thought ye ha'e, 'n all ye e'er will ha'e, then stands at yer door demand'n more.

....damn tax collectors!

;)

• 1 year later...

Cap'n Michael and I made it up for Saturday only. A rare pirate event where one could wear their pirate coats and not swelter. In fact I was wearing my heavy wool cloak towards the end of the afternoon, and was quite happy for it.

We were warmly welcomed in the pirate camp with Black Hearted Pearl and Gary. Michael joined in the cannon show, while I manned my own little Canon and took many a shot. You can see them posted in the photo albums on the NQG MySpace (don't need to be a MySpace member to view them):

http://www.myspace.com/no_quartergiven

(just click the word "pics" under the NQG cover image.)

We were invited for dinner with the gun crew. Boy ... what a dinner!!! Clams, shrimp, fried fish, and huge CRABs spread in a heap on spread out newspapers on the table. Also corn, biscuits, and Key lime pie for dessert. Richard is an AWESOME cook. We were so glad we came. And so glad Pearl and Gary invited us. Thank you.

--Jamaica Rose

--Jamaica Rose

Editor of No Quarter Given - since 1993

http://www.noquartergiven.net/

"Bringing a little pirate history into everyone's life"

Find No Quarter Given

... on Facebook: facebook.com/noquartergiven

... and on Twitter: @NoQuarterGiven

• 3 weeks later...