Big Bear Pirate Faire - June 7 & 8

Black Hearted Pearl

Big Bear Pirate Faire

masthead2-2.jpg

The Big Bear Valley Renaissance Society, Inc., is having it's 3rd annual Big Bear Pirate Faire June 7th & 8th 2008 on the NORTH SHORE ON THE LAKE!!!

There will be battle re-enactments and battles on the 'New Pirate' beach, court martial & court re-enactments, stage shows, shopping and food!!

All profits go to the youth of the Valley for educational endeavors. Some activities at additional charge.

Mark your calendars!

PIRATE FAIRE June 7th & 8th, 2008

10am to 6pm

Free Parking & Shuttle

:huh:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Mark your calendars!

AHRRRR!!!

Blast All These Marks!! I seem t' now have so many marks that I no longer can tell which one shows were I buried me treasure!??!!

...need for t' plunder me some crayons other then red!!

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Ye can get in for free, if'n ye be willing to be pressganged (read volunteer) for a few hours working the event.

For more information about volunteering, contact karen@bigbearrenfair.com

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Volunteerin' eh? Any idea how much a gig like that pays??? :unsure:

I will hav'ta mark this one 'n drop one them thar eel-ectronic message bottles fer m're details. Tis a bit o' a drive t' get up th' mountain early but I used t' always be thar before they even fired up th' lifts - 'n that was with Snow on th' ground even! :huh:

Volunteerin' eh? Any idea how much a gig like that pays??? :unsure:

Lad, volunteering is the english way of saying 'ye work for free', however, depending on the amount of hours ye work, ye can get the gate fee waived. So there's yer pay, if'n you and the coordinator can come to an accord on hours ye give.

~Black Hearted Pearl

• 2 weeks later...
bump

:huh: *wha was that?!*

Ohhh, look like Black Hearted Pearl want t' rock the ship a bit...

:ph34r:hmmm...

Ooh, Look! What Be That O'er Thar?!!!

:ph34r:

bump

;) *wha was that?!*

Ohhh, look like Black Hearted Pearl want t' rock the ship a bit...

:lol:hmmm...

Ooh, Look! What Be That O'er Thar?!!!

;)

Everyone headin to Big Bear.

~Black Hearted Pearl

'n e'eryone will get a complimentary map t' the star's homes too!

O'er thar be th' house o' Capt'n Paddington...on th' left we ha'e th' home o' Smoky Blackbear 'n next door be the home o' Capt'n Yogi 'n he's first mate BooBoo...down on th' right be the frap house o' th' Corsair Hair Bear Bunch....Admiral Berenstein once lived next door but th' notorious Capt'n Winnie-the-Pooh slayed him just off the coast o' Jamaica....now th' real story be th' house on th' left o'er there fer that be where Capt'n Baloo 'n he's crew tis believe t' ha'e buried their treasure o' honey pots, but t' this day no one has yet t' find them!

'n o'er there be th' very spot which it be told that first mate Pooky kill'd he's capt'n, the dread'd Capt'n Garfield, with th' help o' their powder bear, Rupert.

Now keep yer arms holster'd 'n yer legs inside fer just around th' corner we be visit'n th' home o' Barnie, Foozy, 'n Capt'n Teddy......

Now keep yer arms holster'd 'n yer legs [/i]inside fer just around th' corner we be visit'n th' home o' Barnie, Foozy, 'n Capt'n Teddy......

Me thinks somebody has been readin' a few too many bedtime stories, t' the little pirates!

(Or do the big pirates on yer ship still sleep wit' a night light?)

:ph34r:

Nay! No night lights, for they cast scary shadows 'n keep th' crew up all night!!

Got tired o' ha'en t' check th' hold e'ery ten minutes for th' boogyman Dons th' crew said is hide'n down below I did!

Now we just burn the lanterns full all night till day break. :lol:

...perhaps a trail of broken cookies leading to the gangplank..will do away with yer boogeyman.... :lol:

concept-art11s.jpg

DO NOT DO THAT!

By going all the way to the gangplank they can be seen from on land. This will attract homeless German children that will go up your gangplank and attempt to eat your ship! Oh, boy, don't even think about trying to stop those little "children" by cooking them in your oven! They'll call you a witch!

On the other hand, its not all bad, that's how I met my first wife. Oh, wait! :ph34r:

-Greydog

:lol:

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

;)

Or th' homeless mountain wild man what live under the bridge e'en!!!!!

background story:

One day while railhead'n (train ride) out t' Baumholder for field maneuvers, our train stopped at th' edge o' a small quaint little German town. Well, Germen children came run'n t' see th' train full o' American soldiers and wave us a "Gutten Tag!". Know'n from other maneuvers how much the children loved our C-Rations, we began toss'n various items t' the kids; John Wayne bars, cans o' what we called "cat food" 'n other such bits-n-nibbles from our lunches. Well, th' children shouted with glee and chased our offer'n with zest they did, t'was quite th' site, almost like feed'n th' monkeys at th' zoo it was.

Then, suddenly out'a no where came the scruffiest, dirtiest, hairiest beastie we e'er did see! Why he look'd just like he might be Robinson Caruso he'm self he did! Now this mysterious wild man begun t' scramble for the food we be toss'n t' kids, then he pase back 'n forth beckon' for more he did, why he would practicaly jump on top o' the small children for t' beat them t' a toss'd crumb!!

Well, befor we knew it soon some began t' toss their extra socks 'n e'en a t-shirt I saw go out, then they began t' throw cans o' shave'n cream with razors too! Oh what a sight, for t' watch this wild man, what appear t' have come from under a nar-by bridge best we could tell, scramble for his booty then hold it up with a gleam in he's eye while all the while the soldiers did laugh and search frantic for more stuff t' toss.....

'n that lads 'n lasses be me story o' the German Wild Man what lived under the bridge.

:o

*but what Mad L does that ha'e t' do with big bears?* asked the wee pirates

:o

I don't know, Greydog be th' one what brought it up!!!

pretty sure Lady Alyx, ye see there weren't no Inter-net in 1983, well, not in th' Army anyway...Al Gore had not invented it yet

:rolleyes::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Aye! Now thar be a couple o' fine snipes I t'would be proud t' call th' fruit o' me loins!!!

Attention all ye treasure snipes, harken t' me now!

Due t' the rising cost o' tall sail fuel we ha'e had t' cancel the treasure hunt....well, that 'n because some barnacle bellied powder monkey gone done 'n used th' treasure maps t' line th' ship's parrot cage

:lol:

But fret not ye lit'le swabs fer we ha'e a much more bet'er show fer ye we ha'e!

Ye shall ha'e th' grand pleasure fer t' watch th' re-enactment o' "Ann Goldie 'n th' Three Pirate Bears; Calico Teddy, Blackbear, 'n Steife Lafitte"

B)

oh, hold on....

Sorry, I have just been informed that this show be one o'er in th' 'Adult Pirate' stage...

....go ahead then ye lit'le sea rats, hang th' powder monkey from th' yardarm!

B)

oh, I be quite the sorry fer ye Black Hearted Pearl, I spoke out'a turn on this one before read'n th' fine print, for ye see, in order t' attend th' show mention'd abo'e ye must be at least this tall;

__

|

|

---

But we be work'n hard at scrape'n clean th' treasure maps from the bloody parrot's cage hold, so thar still be hope fer ye lit'le snipes to go on account after all!!!

B)

...what that Polly?...nay, that not be an 'X', that be a bit o' poop in th' shape o' an X...geesh, parrots!

B)

Aye, I be there on Saturday! ....too far t' drive up both days, what with the price o' wind 'n all.

I think there be a notice up on the 'Pirate Meetup' site as well, not sure how many are signed up yet.

I also have a lubber co-worker who interested in bring'n his wife and son as well. I have a notice up in the break room but alas, with all the plank walk'n the bloody cor-pirate has been do'n there not be but a hand-full o' victims left... :ph34r:

Bloody sharks below must ha'e bellies so full by now they must be 'bout t' explode!