Old Fort McArthur Days 2008

Lady Alyx

Lady Alyx,

Brethern of the Coast will NOT be at Old Fort MacArthur Days and paying public is requested to NOT come in garb.

There will be two pirate guilds there this year. Port Royal Privateers and Rogue Privateers.

Again, I repeat, this is NOT an event for people to attend in garb.

However, it is an awesome opportunity to attend a timeline event and there are some great presentations of military throughout the ages. One of my favorites, besides Port Royal Privateers, is SULIGOWSKI'S REGIMENT. http://www.husaria.us/home

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Hmmm on their line up they had it...but probably they did a copy and paste from last year.

Did not expect anyone to dress up for this event, just a looksie...as I mentioned...I am mostly going to check out the Lego (roman soldiers) :D only event I can find them close to South Bay.

I forwarded that website to my g/f whose heritage is Lithuanian ....thanks...cool! ;)

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

Since you're planning on attending, come say 'ahoy' to me at the Port Royal Privateers.

Stay for the anniversary battle of the Spanish American war; I'll be heading the cannon crew up on the hill.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Romans and Polish winged hussars... two of my favorite things!!! I was going to be with a group of hussar reenactors this weekend, but along came the Baltimore Pirate Invasion and the choice became a no brainer.

If you like history, timeline events can be neat... a big bundle of history all in one place... the Reenactor Zoo. In fact, even though I'm a reenactor, I'd rather spectate at a timeline event than participate because there are so many neat things to see.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

• 2 months later...
bump up to top...anyone going to this...I hear the Pirates are not going to be there.... :angry

We are planning to go so far on Sat.

This doesn't agree with what I have been told.

I have been told that the ROGUE PRIVATEERS under Dan McGrew aka Duncan MacGregor are a critical centerpiece of the event, being involved in collecting the "booty" from each camp that is to be used by the charity events latter.

Now, I have heard rumor that some priate groups from last year will not be back this year. I have not heard that the event will be sans pirates.

Fair winds,

-Greydog

:ph34r:

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Hi Graydog, I read in the Legio (roman's) yahoo group mail that Brethren of the Coast will not be attending...and in the roster, they only show them...but that is a good thing....if pyrates be raiding....and pillagin' and such!

There may be chance that I may not be able to go to this event,,,and I so want to see the Romans for once!

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

Ok, got it.

A number of my own pirates are attending as Romans. As a matter of fact you can see some of my lads in the photo you posted (The one in segmented body armor and the other with plumed helmet). I have other lads that will be there as US Civil War (North & South), & Russian WW II. However, this be one that Cantankerous and I be not attending.

Fair winds,

-Greydog

:ph34r:

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

There be two pirate groups in attendance. Port Royal Privateers are special first time guests as we will be running the cannons and rogue privateers, a subset group of brethern of the coast, has taken over that old space.

~Black Hearted Pearl

Graydog,

Its tuff to find out any info on any of the California Legio events...do you know of a good website for them?

You already had their website in your post with the picture.

However, here you go:

http://www.legionsix.org/events_calendar.htm

Aye, and there will lot's pf MUSIC too from the PRP encampment!

Along with m'self and Rodger the Red from PRP/ New Providence, we have the two most SPECIAL members of the Doxie Chicks coming out to play tunes with us toting their fiddle and git-tar. :ph34r:

Come by and say hello all you scallywags.

That is... if'n you can hear us over Black Pearls bang and booms!! ;)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif