American economy situation

Matusalem

By cutting a little here and there ($4 lattes, perhaps)

They can have my $4 latte when they pry it from my cold, dead hands!

:ph34r::ph34r:

Actually, I went to Caribou this morning, thinking I'd treat myself to a mocha. I did in fact treat myself to one, but probably for the last time. I treated myself to a mocha last week at $3.95. Today, the price had gone up by 30 cents!

Oh, and fwiw, on the news radio station here in DC, not only do I hear the word Recession bandied about, I've heard the word Depression used twice or thrice.

Eh. whatever.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

For those who over-extended their means, I suppose the economy is that bad, but for those of us who live by thrift and barters and boot-straps already, it really isn't all that bad. Sure prices are going up on everyhing and the credit crunch and housing crisis is real, but who is rsponsible for that anyway? Learn to live within your limits and things will look alot better. We are 10,000 below poverty level for income and I am a full time student, but our bills are paid, we have a savings to fall back on, horses, more than one vehicle, etc. It is a tight budget, but that is the key here... BUDGET realistically, not the "American Dream" way of having it all even when you can't afford it!

Bo

As bad as things are at the moment... I feel very lucky.

Not only do I have me job but after 4 years hard work...

I am (ahem..) DEBT FREE! :o

If I don't pay cash for it I don't buy it.

Plain and simple.

Just like Pyracy :o

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I've had to resort to traffic-ing in immoralities. Black market, strictly on the down low. Psst anyone for a latte, I'll do ya a good deal. Just step into this dark recession, I mean nook, uh alley...

:o

"The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"

Honesty, I don't know. Things aren't as easy as they were 5 years ago but my income is half what it was so ...I'm not one to follow this stuff but as a single woman ...I don't notice much but I'm not going out to dinner as often as before ...that is probably a good thing.

Red Cat pulls out both pockets producing precious little and a few trinkets..."yep...it sucks" pauses... "but I am wealthy in loving friends" :huh:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

I've ridden out a lot of layoff and bubbles bursting, but when my child was diagnosed as autistic my consulting business was closed up and we cut our budget to the bare bones to live on one income (in expensive Southern California) but continue with out-of-pocket therapy costs.

Now with even more therapy and treatments required and gas going through the roof, it's hard to find even more places to cut. When a car needed servicing we had to rack up credit debt to pay for it because we can't be without two vehicles.

When you live close to the edge any little disaster can wipe you out. There is a very fine line between being okay and being homeless.

Everyone's experience with the current economy is different.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.