The Whine Cellar

Red Bess

doing ok at the moment, traveling tween CR and Waterloo for work, treatments at 8am and then 2pm, driving 48 miles to work so I dont use all my PTO this month, and the brakes on me car making noise like a cement mixer.. still, I have insurance and I dont have to spend $50k to get well..

as a friend says, I'm the RIGHT side of the grass.

good luck, lass, LadyB! you know I"m pulling for you, trying to help when I can. I'll see about visiting you this week since I"m stuck here during the day.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, tis true, MerryD.

Still prayin' for ya.

More troubles today. But a surprise in the end....

Though a church is willing to help out with some of my issues (paying past rent) it's all up to whether the property management accepts it. So, we shall see. But, I had to do more running around to take some papers back. No check, no nothing. My mail apparently has been getting screwed up after I had to talk to Unemployment, DHS, the bank and found out that mail hasn't been getting through and returned. Why, no one knows. I talked to the post office about this and they were incredibly bewildered. All this crazy stuff with the flooding really. Well, then next to General Assistance for a final attempt after a month of running around for these bastards and they STILL want me to run around more, waste my gas, etc... and I had had it! I broke down, growled at them and said process my damn application or forget it and stormed out incredibly and visably upset. Cause at that point, I was desperate for help... NOT getting it... haven't eaten in a couple days cause nothing was getting to me and now was without gas cause I had used what little I had left to bend over backwards and go everywhere that General Assistance wanted me to go. No gas made it impossible to continue to do all this stuff they needed and would NOT help out until I filled out EVERYTHING they wanted and asked of me. I gave up. After a very good cry out in the mall (which is where most things are located now)... I went over to plea my case to the offices of Senator Harkin and Senator Grassley. I did leave my story with them, my name and number. Grassley's office at least also gave me a number for Catholic Charities which is not offering mental health services. In this time, it's mighty important cause of all the crap everyone is going through. So, yes, I will talk to someone about my struggles. Plus, will be filing a complaint with the Linn County Supervisor about services not assisting folks who's homes were not flooded but they are still flood victims nonetheless. And there are plenty out there like me.

So, about that time, I had a gent from the post office call me to let me know that they are ensuring my mail will reach me. But asked me how I was doing, and if I'd run out of money or food which I told him, I hadn't eaten in two days cause nothing was getting to me, and no one was willing to help! In which, he had me pick him up at the post office, and he filled up my vehicle at a local gas station then bought me two weeks worth of food! I was incredibly stunned and am incredibly humble. Wi swear it though, I will find a way to have him recognized for his random and very well accepted act of kindness. Of all this crap happening, someone has a good soul. What I don't use, I will give it to some friends who are in desperate need of anything right now cause they lost everything in the floods and are in the same mess where they are getting the stupid run around and no help, no money or not enough money and just kinda left hanging.

So, I'm rather humbled by this act of kindness and easing myself into a bite of cheese and a piece of bread with some water. Otherwise, I'll be sick as a horse since I'd not eaten in two days and for two weeks barely eaten.

Keep up the prayers mates, I'll post on the other thread of places to donate do in which flood victims will get 100% of the money donated.

Tomorrow (thursday), I shall be in North Liberty doing some pirating as RAGBRAI rolls into said city, will do some entertaining and hoping to urge flood donations to help friends.

~Lady B

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

doing ok for now, but my cat ate the rose I got from the center and he's allergic to them. I'll have to have him get a shot or his mouth will hurt and swell.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A bit annoyed... waiting for my sis as I called her earlier today to see if she was getting out and about so I can kitch a ride and get some necessities, including a belt for the truck so I can fix it and get it running again! Damnable serpentine belt snapped on thursday... Oh, it's driving me nuts not being able to fix it right away. B)

It was 5 hours ago I called her... she's not called nor stopped by. B)

Mates... why th' hell am I bein' tested like this? This is bloody God aweful an' more than enough! Good God!

I'd rather steer a ship through a hurricane!

~Lady B

B)

• 2 months later...

The polling booth I need to vote at is at my work this year. Only 1 plus side: I go in early, vote and then go back downstairs to clock in. The down side: it's going to be nutty all day with all these people around and I get to deal with it up till 8pm, ugh! :blink:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

• 1 month later...

Couldn't even have a good bottle of wine with t roasted lamb Christmas Eve. :rolleyes: Oh, well.

I'm still attempting to hang in there. I guess. I've determined I DESPERATELY need to get away - far away - from my family. How the hell I will do it, I haven't a clue. Guess it's all my fault for letting myself be used like that. Now it's put me in such a financial hell hole it's gonna be a hell of a battle to get back out of it.

I fetch the kids, I have to get another job but still had to watch the kids which makes it impossible. I get a job and still annoyed cause I didn't start soon enough! HELLO?!?!! It's CHRISTMAS!!!

Need a car of my own would LOVE to get one with the 5 months of money owed to me (like I'll ever see that money).

I appreciate what some have done. And I thank ye for it. However, I think right now what I need done... is either a tornado to come through and whisk them all away, or the earth to swallow them all up... or some hitmen. :::Shrugs::: I know that sound mean and disturbing, but this family has screwed my life up horrible. And I'm the damn fool to let them.

Oh, now I be terrible after I spoke with my aunt who chewed my sister out for the possibility of losing her sister (my mom) since she got all pissing and angry and crying when Dalton was stuck here with all the weather and poor plans no followed through. So, mom all pissed off, decided to take Dalton back up to Cedar Rapids last night in the middle of a freakin' ice storm! Didn't make it halfway and had to attempt to turn around. So, my aunt calls me to get the low down my mom was leaving, I told her. Apparently my aunt called my sister and they had it out on the phone. Now, everyone is pissed, all emotional bitches (and that's putting it lightly) cause apparently I didn't take Dalton back up on Thursday evening or Friday morning like he wanted. Umm, hello? WEATHER WAS BAD! :: rolls eyes::: Besides, I can't just take the van without consulting others on plans, and everyone generally hasn't woke up til nigh noon! Ugh. Yeah, it's my fault when it's out of my hands.

If there ever is a time for a lady to be rescued by her chivalrous pirate.... it would be now!!! Nay, but I don't have a gent who dares to take a second glance. Why? Hell if I know. Too damn fat I suppose. Oh, no. Nothin' like m' whore of a sister (and I not be jokin' on that, mates. Sickening)... who be as thin as Keira Knightley and the gents follow her faster than ye can say "she's usin' ye". Oh, aye. I have issues now with m' sister. She's the center of my current troubles, along with m' mother circling about all too close. And th' rest of m' family who cannot have a sliver of civility, decency and manners through any of them. Sounds nasty of me sayin' all this but tis true. I see things how they are, I tell what truth there is. And I tell ye, everything all around sickens the hell out of me!

All I wanted, all I want... is that good hubby whom we'd have some interests, I let him have his seperate hobbies and friends as long as he allows me to have mine among other equal rights... a family to equally care for, a decent home, good vehicles, etc. Nothng extravagant, nothing fancy beyond means, etc. Oh, no. Apparently, that's too much for a lass to be dreaming about I guess.

Pray when I lose m' weight I don't become a vindictive and bitter bitch.

So here be yo'r big, fat bottle of whine vintage 1974.

• 4 weeks later...

just when I thought I was somewhat in the clear money-wise, I got another batch of bills from the docs.. $7K. I'm hoping that my insurance covers it all.... for goodness sake, the surgery was in June!! :P

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Annoyed beyond measure.

Stuck watching my sister's kids (I didn't agree to it) and had to help my mom and step-dad move (had no choice really). Still in the rut of problems.

Really want to go to Port Washington's Pirate Festival... but, not sure how to get there and also scared to cause I'll be chewed out at for going.

:::Le sigh:::

~Lady B