The Whine Cellar

Red Bess

I am still laughing over the Minister of Lawn Care. I mean, come on! Can you picture it? He's filling out some form that asks for "Occupation", and he puts Minister of Lawn Care! That is just too funny. Not so fun for Silkie, but geez...does he have a small lawn ornament on a red ribbon hanging around his neck as a badge of office? A few medals maybe? A blazer with MoLC embroidered in fancy script on the pocket? :rolleyes:

And Hester, paint those trash cans! Sows ear to a silk purse, I say! (You don't have a Minister of Trash, do you?).

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another side order of whining and BS.

Pissed cause apparently I didn't make enough last year to qualify for the Stimulus Check.

*()#&T^@&$#()#@^&*!!!!

Yeah, I'm rather pissed. I REALLY could have used that. Desperately need it.

::Le sigh:: Now.. I have to figure out how the hell I'm going to have enough coinage to move among a couple other things AND be able to make it to Port Washington. :D

I feel SO cheated!

On top of I've been sick since yesterday, couldn't work last night cause I was sick, didn't really have to work cause I wasn't scheduled, but the one who was schedule to work was sick. I could work this evening, too. But I have to watch a sick little girl. Again, I'm assumed I must do this and no one in my family asks me if it's ok or if I am available to do these. I just have to. I've no choice. ::le sigh; rolls eyes:::

Sick myself, I must work and I have to watch a sick little girl. :D

I need to be paid just for bloody living!

Oh, and being sick and having to watch kids or do something else doesn't help ANY with my packing or getting some commissioned outfits done.

Seriously. This is ridiculous!

~Lady B

:rolleyes:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

On top of I've been sick since yesterday, couldn't work last night cause I was sick, didn't really have to work cause I wasn't scheduled, but the one who was schedule to work was sick. I could work this evening, too. But I have to watch a sick little girl. Again, I'm assumed I must do this and no one in my family asks me if it's ok or if I am available to do these. I just have to. I've no choice. ::le sigh; rolls eyes:::

You ALWAYS have a choice. It might not seem like it but you really do.

Family is the toughest thing to get around. All of you keep playing the same roles year after year. Your role is making you miserable - so why don't you change it? (It can be done - I've done it. It's not easy but it can be done.)

RHJMap.jpg

Mmm... turtle soup sounds good, Dutch!

Easier said than done, Jill. I know it sounds like a broken record I am in.

:::hugs back to Bess:: thanks, m'dear.

Hows about some rum cake for all this trouble?

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Traditional English Pub Fare -- with garlic?

Last night, we went out to dinner at a nice English pub. I ordered the "Stuffed Yorkshire Pudding" with roast beef, gravy with carmelized onions, mashed potatoes, and veggies.

The "veggies" turned out to be green beans saute'ed with minced garlic!

While I must admit they were tasty, there are at least 5 reasons I need to whine about this menu item:

1) Garlic just isn't really part of traditional English fare, and it certainly doesn't belong alongside Yorkshire pudding! (My Yorkshire grandmother would be spinning in her grave at the thought!)

2) The garlic was really unnecessary in this dish, and it competed with and masked the lovely flavour of the more traditional carmelized onions in the gravy.

3) There was no mention of garlic, a very unconventional "fusion" flavour, in the menu's description of this dish.

4) Garlic sometimes upsets my stomach (although luckily not this time), so I'd like to know which dishes are likely to contain it, so that I can try to avoid it. I expected "Yorkshire Pudding" to be a garlic-free choice.

5) I was heading out to a social event immediately after dinner, and I could have done without the 'garlic breath' that even Clorets couldn't fully cover.

Oh, sigh!

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

tired.. had some tests done, then went home and helped the EX cut out some volunteer trees in the yard, then have to get to bed to work a half shift tomorrow.

not tooo bad tho, considering.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Thanks, Jill.

Yeah, I've been trying baby steps. Trying being the key word. Boundries, aye. But still folks bounce over them with no care or regurd t' m'self. Sad. :ph34r: And tough to fight back when people want to remain in the right and be perfect. Yeah, I live in a messed up world. :ph34r:

All in all, mates.... more whine. Not sweet at all.

Tis Wednesday, still waiting back to hear from a couple property managements. I still need to hit a couple more but can't as I've been forced by the F***ing slave driver of a B**** mom to do other things like clean the apartment with them. Well, granted I need to pack and clean but at the moment, finding a place is necessary and knows it. And she keeps asking me if I've found a place. How the F*** am I suppose to find a place when I'm stuck either working or doing S*** she has me running ragged!?!?!

She and John came back yesterday to clean. Apparently they are here til Friday but that's still too long. :lol: She didn't give me a warning or heads up they were coming, instead she called me just before they pulled into the driveway. And has been B****ing ever since, B****ed at me when she slammed her hand in the door last night.

She easily sent me into an Anxiety Attack yesterday. I'm SO confused, can't get my stuff done, my gut hurts horribly I feel sick and there is NOTHING that can be done on God's forsaken earth! I am SOOO at my wits end! Going absolutely bonkers here. No, she's not the type of person you can tell to back off... She's worse than a drill seargent.

I don't know, I think she thinks I can make things magicly appear and pulled out of my A**.

I know most of you have delt with issues like this. Don't really need advice, just a means to vent. It helps. But dear GOD! I wish it would stop already!!!! If it's not me that gets it, it's my sister!!!! I swear... I have parents from Hell!!! *(#$&^*#$&*(@#^&^()@#^&&@#!!!!!!

I don't know how much longer I can hang on to my sanity. :ph34r: Again, I am quite literially at wit's end. About ready to call it all quits. Anyone up for buying some piratey outfits? :huh:

Oh, and might I add... I haven't a clue where I will be going. Still looking for a place to stay. :o HA! Like I've had the time to go look!!! Being run raged doing all kinds of other S*** for the Queen B****!!!!

~Lady B

:lol:

Sorry to hear you're having such difficulties dealing with your family Lady B. But I noticed in another thread that you're feeling more "mellow" this morning. So, keep your mind on that handsome Hessian officer and try to let the rest run off your back.

As for my whine today... well, it's pretty trivial:

eBay only lets me put 100 items at a time in my "Watch" list. How inconveniet! I'm far more covetous than that!

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Well...couldn't ask to start the day off right.

At 8:03 am this morning I am told by Boss-Lady that I have my 6 month review (Oh, I did the math and it has been 9 months since my last review..oh well.) today at 1:30 pm (CST).

No warning and really no time to prepare.

Crap!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

:rolleyes: Discovered the reason I can't use my photobucket account any more, is that they only recognise Safari 2.0 or newer. I have Safari 1.3.5. So, in order to be able to use my Photobucket account, I have to upgrade my computer. Cost of upgrade = $135.00.

(I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, Cheeky.)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Thank you Ransom. I still have a job...BUT (a HUGE BUT too!)

Okay...I'm taking bets now. Big money...and I chalk this up to being in the industry for over 24 years.

For those of you who wanted to know how things turned out today with "Boss-Lady" and my review, I got my 'second' FINAL WARNING. Hmmm, this woman just can't do the math, can she?

But, fear not...I know that she has another under-handed motive in mind. I was told that her 18 year old daughter will be coming in Tuesday for training so she can cover me on my vacation(s).

(Head whips around)...WHA?!?!

Wait, it gets better! This young lady has no office experience - straight out of school (May 30th Graduation) and yet, I, this major F*@!-up (so I've been told by Boss-Lady) who can't do anything right, who can't admit when I've done something wrong, who tells lies & fabricates things, who is rude, unaproachable, ...is suppose to train HER daughter.

Well, if I was so bad at what I do...how in the world have I lasted this long at my position? Why haven't you let me go if I'm so bad? And finally with all my bad traits why in heaven's name would you LET me train your daughter?

Why do you ask?! So I can train her well enough that her daughter can handle the position and then when I "F***!" up again Boss-Lady can kick my ass to the curb.

Nice, eh? Well, come Tuesday...Boss-Lady's daughter ain't gonna ride on her mother's coat tails. And if Boss-Lady's daughter thinks she can do what ever she wants ...she's got another thing coming.

P.S. Yes, I am looking for a new position...have been for the last month.

Member of "The Forsaken"

Go at em, cheeky! Too often someone gets a job because of WHO they know and not WHAT they know.

too little money, too little time, and having to get insurance in by the end of the month or not be covered, (house and car)

more later.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Ouch Ouch and Ouch!!! Cheeky, girl. B) Meanies! Do you want us to line them up before a firing squad? Or give them a broadside? or both? Pillage, plunder, rifle and loot?

Yeah, sounds like a shaft. Again... meanies. Aye, jobs suck at times. And those in authority... they have that tendency to be a tad abusive or borderline abusive. Damned devils. And WE are the pirates... they are more like the greedy Beckett wannabes. B)

Prayers for ye, Cheeky.

:::hugs to MerryD; worried weak smile::: Hang in there, m'dear.

Ouch, Ransom. Don't ye hate that? Constant upgrades and forking out coinage for more software?

LOL... Yeah, I can see how that can be a hinderance, hester. Especially when you are watching for more piratey stuff. ;)

As to this handsome Hessian... LOL, he's more the handsome British Officer. Long story short... he's the one who got me interested in reenacting. We did some "The Patriot" role playing online a few years ago with a few other people. Ironicly he portrayed a British Colonel in the 35th Regt and I portrayed a gentlewoman who generally was forced from home and joined Lee's Legion as a Dragoon then a campfollower and supporter. Haha, low and behold where did we end up? He's Colonel of the 35th Regt and I became a member of Lee's Legion as a Dragoon and campfollower!!! it's a hoot. We've stayed in contact these past few years. Made their regimental Colours for them, making him two new Officer's shirts for him. Oddly enough, and he's rather stunned about this if not flattered, that I used his character John Doddard as a foe turned friend turned fiancee of my role playing and backstory history of Lady Anastazia Barbossa who eventually was killed in the Caribbean in a skirmish with the Spaniards. Alas, he's the only Rev War persona easy enough to put into Lady B's past history. Everyone else is not so easy to feed in like Tarleton, de Kalb, Lafayette, Cornwallis (yes, I met a couple gents who portrayed Cornwallis, and one gent who portrayed an elder Tarleton, etc), and a few others... but most non-specific personas I can put in her past history. Makes the Lady's past mighty colorful. ;) John is rather charming in his period uniform (will have to put a pic up of him), younger than Barbossa... but I'll still drool and swoon more over Hector any day. ;)

~Lady B

B)

another test today... good wishes please!!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Wow, Cheeky, I can't believe your boss could be so rude, and then expect you to train her daughter for your job! Talk about bad form. B) Hope you find something else soon, and you can tell Boss Lady to take a hike.

Fingers and toes crossed for you, Mary. B)

And yes, Lady B, let's see pictures of this handsome gent.

My whine is a small one. For a week the temps were 95-101, bright and sunny days. Then, in one day it went from 100, and tanked to 60 with rain. Been that way for four days now. WHATS THE DEAL WITH THAT!!! Bring back the sun, dang it! B)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Cheeky, best of luck with finding a new job. Hopefully right before they really need your experience for some big project, and you can dump it on the little brat as you walk out for a higher paying job at a nicer place. At least I'll hope for that.

Coastie :P

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Hehehe... alrighty, Ransom... here he be in his Hessian Officer uniform:

JohnDoddardHessian.jpg

His historical persona's name is John Doddard.

OK... back to the whining.... I have to toss in a universal whine here..

GAS!!! AHH!HH!!! The prices are just aweful!!!! <_<

:::Whimpers::: Oh, this is SOOO going to hurt attending Port Wash.

On top of that, it's cold. I'm rather cold. Need a good blanket to warm up in. Ehhh... wish I could say snuggle up with a fine gentleman.. but, alas,... I'm rather deprived.

Cheeky... still can pummel your boss lady with a good firing squad. :)

Eekk... Ransom... yeah, I don't blame you for wanting the warm weather.

~Lady B

<_<

;)

He's quite the looker, isn't he? Good young man, too. Again, he's the one to blame for getting me addicted to historical portrayal.

~Lady B

;)

Thank you all - Merrydeath, Ramson, Lady B, Coastie04 for your kind words.

It's the holiday weekend...and time to unwind and relax. Good news, I do have a telephone interview come Tuesday morning with another company... looks promising.

Thank you all again.

Member of "The Forsaken"

Woo hoo!!! Piratical prayers that it's a promising venture. ;);)

:::hugs::: always, Cheeky. After all... we are a Brethren and Sisterhood. ;)

~Lady B

;)