favorite pirate punishments yay!

yer cutlass

somone who knows their pirate punishments well is going to to rain superior this ol' night ye' salty sea dogs. i personally like marooning which for those filthy deckswabbers is when the cap'n and his mates put ye on an island no food no nothing exept a gun with 1 bullet, the most common pirate punishment is also flogging, again for those cow wogglin' sons of bilge rats' ( ye know who im talking about) is when the pirate's tie ye up to the stern of the boat and make u bob up and down with the boat and scrape yer' bare flesh on the barnacles often causing serious damage. :lol: also my second favorite punishment often used when ye kill somone is ye' old pirates, yer mates? think again lubber' they ain't on yer side your on theirs, so they tie ye to the corpse of the person ye killed and fling you overboard... have fun drowning lubber gwahahahah now ye old sea dogs post yer favorite punishments.

:lol:

Removal of a thread from the wrong sub-forum.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Oh, I'm sure it will be placed in th' proper thread, Jack. :) None t' worry 'bout that.

Not sure which would be m' fav pirate punishment. I suppose one that I'd administer cause t'would be more fun fo' me I suppose.

Only one I've administered thus far is when a street thief stole m' hat. MerryD was there as m' witness. I hunted down th' street rat, pistol aimed at them, obtained m' hat and marched them to th' jail where they remained for a spell until released. I realized she was released cause she was following me around like a little puppy dog after that. Not sure why, but she wouldn't mess with me again. I suppose she wanted t' join me on some venture. Normally, I would accept such a wee thing. She's mighty good at her game. But... being landlocked... no vessel... aye, th' street rat remained where she was. I'd call her upon m' crew in a heartbeat if I found that street rat again. For various reasons t' pickpocket those who be cheatin' me of m' valued items fo' sale. :huh::huh:

Otherwise, I fancy th' stories told of Bart Roberts... and even some of Blackbeard. I'm all up for doin' th' worst to a being for crossing and doublecrossing me. I'm no heart nor tolerance fo' people who annoy an' anger me.

Marooning? Ehhh... What's th' fun in that? Ye don't see th' devils die. Well, unless I just want t' get rid of some bastard, then I'll maroon them an' ensure that not a soul or vessel nears them to retrieve them/rescue them.

But... whippin' the blood & flesh out of them, Keel haulin' them. If th' sharks haven't eaten them up by now... I'd string 'em up from th' yardarm an' use 'em as target practice. Then let th' sharks have at 'em.

Or even better yet, sail to th' Sea of Cortez and just drop a fool into th' waters as dusk an' let th' squids there enjoy 'em... after they'ved had a whippin'.

Maybe sail to th' north an' maroon th' poor devil on the snowy land with no food nor water no means fo' hunting and only with what clothing they have on their back t' keep them warm.

Or sell them into slave trade if I knew they would turn a grand profit after cutting out their tongues (if someone wouldn't mind that).

Depends upon the torture and punishment administered.

But with m' crew... that's a different story. It all depends upon how loyal they are. They may lose only a share on the next vessel taken, or just a minor whipping at the most.

If a crew member wishes t' fight them... I pray it won't be to th' death but only t' blood drawn.

Aye, to m' crew I would be more favorable to ... ONLY if they be loyal. Otherwise, th' poor fool 'll find th' same fate as above.

Aye... I'm a twisted mind.

But then again... would ye REALLY tolerate someone doin' ye wrong?

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 3 weeks later...

If any of me crew be misbehavin' I punish them by not allowin' them t' watch that great pirate o' the seabed, SpongeBob! That upsets me crew a whole bunch! YArrHa Ha!

But t' the blunderin' landlubbers I tie 'em t' me mast an' let the birds 'av 'em.

The Feared and Ruthless Captain Drake Flint

"YARR! Roaming the seas, I take what I find; gold, wenches and mead, the pirates life is mine!"

Heavy Metal Pirate Brotherhood

+ nunc est bibendum +

Reading this topic?? :lol:

Which is being moved to Twill in case it faulters on it's current course and becomes a Historical debate or conversation...) :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• 3 months later...

tie em up dangle em over ta side of ta ship wit the'r toes brush'n ta water and use em for fish bait...

here sharkie ...sharkie sharkie...here sharkie...

:rolleyes:

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Tie offender to the mast, and place a bottle of rum just out of reach. The severity of his crime determines how long he stays tied and staring at the bottle. :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

k, are we talking about what was actually done? Or what tis done to members of your own crew?

THAT is a mighty big difference.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

In Hellion, we are rather fond of wouldening ( wrapping said victims head with a turn or two of line and then tightening it with a belaying pin, like a tournequete, makes the eyes bug so loverly).

If ye were so discomodious as to insult ship or crew, cast ye adrift with ye ears nailed to an 8 inch plank.

An one learned from Mr Thatch - make the victim fast to mainmast and shove lengths of fuse under 'is eyelids and light 'em up.

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

Ouch

What would/could be done during the GAoP.

Say you stole from a crew member ...would they cut off a finger and keep you aboard? Would they cut off a finger? Would they keep you aboard?

What creative things could/would be done?

If a crew member absentmindedly did something that could endanger the ship & her crew. What could be done?

This is one of my favorites -- not so much piratey as military but extremely cruel and divisive.

horse1.jpg

He beareth a Wooden Horse. The Riding of this Horse, whose Back is only two Boards set together like the Ridge of a House, is a kind of Punishment used among Soldiers, and Men under Martial Laws; the sharpness of which ridge doth so gall and cut the Riders Thighs and Breech, that he shall scarce able to go or stand for a certain time after; especially if his Offence require his Punishment to have Spurs at his heels, (that is a Musket or two tied at each Legg) and his Hands bound behind him.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

unfriendlyadvance0002copy.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Limb removal.

That's not a punishment - it's a privilege.

:(

...I was refering to the Limb just south of the abdomen...Maybe I should have said ones"member".. :(

"Without caffine, I'd have no personality at all"

Now that would be some amputation. I'd not do it. (I don't recall any references in the literature about it as a surgical procedure.) Injecting Mercury would be another matter entirely. Sound procedure for curing syphilis, according to many sources. :(

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

This is one of my favorites -- not so much piratey as military but extremely cruel and divisive.

horse1.jpg

He beareth a Wooden Horse. The Riding of this Horse, whose Back is only two Boards set together like the Ridge of a House, is a kind of Punishment used among Soldiers, and Men under Martial Laws; the sharpness of which ridge doth so gall and cut the Riders Thighs and Breech, that he shall scarce able to go or stand for a certain time after; especially if his Offence require his Punishment to have Spurs at his heels, (that is a Musket or two tied at each Legg) and his Hands bound behind him.

-- Hurricane

You been watching Surviving History?LOL!

Black Anne Roberts

From the great white north..looking for warmer climes

• 1 month later...

floggings will continue untill morale improves......

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string