Pirates for CHOC - May 2, 2008

Black Hearted Pearl

Get'n mine processed tonight; got some movie footage o' a cannibal Jack Sparrow dancing the hip hop with the Disney Radio kids, as well as the last stand epic battle in the market place of infamous Tiger Lee.....aye, we will miss the poor lad, he died well he did, he died well...

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get'n mine processed tonight; got some movie footage o' a cannibal Jack Sparrow dancing the hip hop with the Disney Radio kids,

That Cannibal Jack was none other than the Mate responsible for the entire event. (what a sweetie!)

After we particiapted in a MAKE A WISH Event for a little mate who wanted to be Captin Jack, we became involved with CHOC in an on going basis shortly after he passed away at age 5.

And we've been raising money ever with a yearly fund raiser. His Parents and siblings came out as well and are so thrilled that he, (our little captin as we still call him) has inspired those of us who work on the event, visit the hospital and contribute time and effort in the name of all the kids.

Late Friday night, Anaheim officials came and told us that next year.... we get to block off the larger street and bring in even more booths.

We are just thrilled and it's ALL because you pirates come out to participate and support the good efforts of yer fellow Scallywags.

Thanks mates!

From everyone! :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Aye lass, twill be postin' me pics soon. I need ta get 'em from me sister first.

It was a pleasure to hang w' me mates. Let's do er again next year. Me lady said there was no word posted at her work an' she works fer CHOC Health Alliance. Wots up with that? CHOC needs ta get more info ta thier associates.

The event was a BLAST :ph34r: . I had great time and it was for a great cause. Thanks for the heads-up, Bess. Well, per your instructions, here are just a few of my pics from the evening......and they are missing a certain "Iron" someone that I never did get a picture with.... :ph34r:

Here is Marty, me, and Lee holding the Ragetti eye that I made....I think that one was your's Bess.

JackSparrow337.jpg

Treva, me , and Vinnie. Man, oh man, did we have some hillariously rum-filled discussions that night :ph34r: Those guys were incredible.

l_a0ed38ba6f41b982c5ba8c0fe1481652.jpg

David and me

l_dd51d85f911792f6c187072b1c10376e.jpg

and finally, me, the incredible costume maker Kate, and my buddy Mike dressed up as Davey Jones.

l_af1d732b15ebd514b7144f86d5ae2a91.jpg

Sorry about the missed photo opp. I had every intention of seeing you again... just got caught up with the work end of it.

Come to one of our Pirate events and we'll try it again. Like... Belmont Shores in June. Right on the beach!

Ahh.... Davy Jones.

I asked him a couple of times if he'd been watered or needed anything.

VERY nice guy and she was nice as well. I had a chance to talk with her inside for awhile.

She was after my coat. :ph34r:

(Pirate!)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Belmont Shores sounds like a load of fun.....buuuut.....I happen to be getting married in June. It's going to be quite a hectic month for me. At least I will be getting married on the beach :ph34r:

We're actually having two ceremonies. One on the beach on June 13th, and a huge Persian wedding on the 28th :ph34r: Should be tons of fun.

I don't know, maybe Belmont Shores will be possible. I've pulled off crazier schedules in the past :ph34r:

Sorry I missed the event folks, looks like it was well pyrated! Next year will try to catch it. Who was the last to leave the tavern...?

Alas, I had t' sail just before 10pm it was...one more drink 'n I would have had t' camp in the parking lot....it bites to be yer own designated driver it does

:lol:

....ahhh, so the Cannibal Jack be the one responsible for bringin' so many plump 'n juicy pirates together all in one place...'n behind barricades t' boot....guess that explains the 'hungry look' in he's eyes right around supper time :o

Did anyone see the little tiny female Cannibal Jackie that showed up? Now that was cute! She stood not but 3 foot tall she was, shrunken head, headdress 'n all.

:huh:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Sorry I missed the event folks, looks like it was well pyrated! Next year will try to catch it. Who was the last to leave the tavern...?

Cannibal Jack I think..... :o

Oh and Cut-Throat. :lol:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Here be a shot of the Pirates that went a visit'n at the CHOC facility earlier in the day.

We have a select group of Pirates who get this task.. those who have the

*courage and fortatude* to deal well with the emotional stress of interacting with dying children.

I am SO proud of each and every one of them.

Can you find POTC Actors Lee, Treva, David, Vince, Marty, Maxie, Jerry and Louie? (Louie being the *Jack, farthest away rom the camera*) ?

CHOC3.jpg

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Here be me pics from CHOC 2008

Was a fun little event.. I hope it brought $$$$ to the charity..

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Here be me pics from CHOC 2008

Was a fun little event.. I hope it brought $$$$ to the charity..

Thanks mate...

It wasn't a *little* event to those who worked months on it but next year we have more street space thanks to the City of Anaheim who was so pleased with the efforts and results so you'll have more elbow room.

Drinks all around.

We cleared at least $5,000

Some of these Pirates are a generous lot.....

Take what ya can.... (we promise not to tell that you gave back) :lol:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Did anyone see the little tiny female Cannibal Jackie that showed up? Now that was cute! She stood not but 3 foot tall she was, shrunken head, headdress 'n all.

:(

We did...

And got some terrific pictures of herself and our own Cannibal Jack.

He was smitten and she was happy as can be.

What a pair :(

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif