Pirates for CHOC - May 2, 2008

Black Hearted Pearl

Check out this event: Pirates For CHOC (Children's Hospital of Orange County) California.

Hosted By: Evan Paguy, aka Cannibal Jack

When: Friday May 02, 2008

at 5:00 PM

Where: Club 195

195 Center Street Prom.

Anaheim, CA 92805

United States

More Information to follow. If you're a myspacer, add Pirates for CHOC as a friend.

Myspace Pirates for CHOC

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We listened to Evan Paguy, aka Cannibal Jack yesterday at the Escondito Ren faire..the things he had to say about the event are very enticing.. Thar be some sword fightin and blackpowder demo fer the crowds. The streets around the area will be blocked off.

Be sure to buy a $5.00 raffle ticket fer it be our way of supporting the event!

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Chain Shot's mom worked at CHOC until she retired. She's passed away now, but he still has two sisters that live in Orange, so I'll make sure they know about the event. One of his sisters, along with her husband and daughter, came to Ojai last year, and loved all the pirate stuff, so I'm sure they would attend the CHOC event.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Look under Rabble Rousing....

I have a thread for this named PIRATE INK AND CHARITY EVENT...

Lot's O' info....

Here is the link to this event which will be held on Friday, May 2nd. AND... this almost finished Tattoo...

CHOCTattoo.jpg

www.myspace.com/piratesforchoc

All Pirates are welcome to come on down to the block party on the Promanade, however the manifest of Pirates for the Hospital visitaion is full. (The Actors taking up 12 of the 20 spaces)

Come out, meet the POTC Actors, get pictures and have things signed... for a price!.... and have a good time helping a great cause!

Lots to win and see and Pirate venders too!

Keep a weather eye out for more info. <_<

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Barbossa Leather was telling me of this one!

If it start at 5:00pm then I am figuring (note, NEVER 'assume') that it runs late? I may have be havin to sink a few of them thar road frigates ta get there!

...hmmm, could save much more time if'in I wear me garb and weapons to work too <_<

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

...hmmm, could save much more time if'in I wear me garb and weapons to work too :huh:

Hey, whatever works... <_<

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I be in fer thisn' too! Twas the first I hear'd o' it. I be surprised that our pirate meetup didna know. Me lady would want ta come too, but she wouldna' be ready by 5pm. I would be runnin' a tad late meself, since I be coming from the port o' LA.

MadL....keep a weather eye out for me lad. I will be the pirate w' the green sash.

I be in fer thisn' too! Twas the first I hear'd o' it. I be surprised that our pirate meetup didna know. Me lady would want ta come too, but she wouldna' be ready by 5pm. I would be runnin' a tad late meself, since I be coming from the port o' LA.

It only starts at 5pm...

Pirate will come and go as the wind takes them during the evening.

Come when you can and stay for as long or short as you can.

And keep checking the site for updates! <_<

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I would be runnin' a tad late meself, since I be coming from the port o' LA.

What part o' LA? I come from El Segundo at that time o' day...

I be crewin' on the good ship Bonaventure [Westin Bonaventure Hotel in Downtown LA]. I sail fer me home port [Anaheim] at 4 bells, though I mail put ta sea early cause of the festivities. I be plannin' on going ter the "Cutthroats of Corona" as ye do. P'haps we can palaver then dependin' on when ye go.

It looks like I won't be able to attend afterall, but I've sent some treasures to be auctioned for the likes of you pirates. You'll have to attend to see what goodies there be, but ye knows I'm a particular pirate so me treasure be worth having. :lol:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Well, we are coming all right. : )

And so are all our actors from POTC even more then came last year AND.... Ted and Terry are sending things for the auction and may come by themselves.

They know the story of our little Capt'n Johnny... shared it with Gore and have kept up with this event ever since.

I doubt the City of Anahiem would have made the plans to have the block party if CHOC was not in the know and expecting us.

Were you there last year? B)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Indeed, it's a very good cause...

And a wonderful way for us to hold the memory of Johnny and honor it with this yearly event.

His parents participate and are very grateful for the outpouring they see each year. B)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

It's funny that I didn't hear about it either. My wife works for CHOC Health Alliance. Of course she has only been there 8 months.

Well, at least doing this one has her wanting to dress like a pirate. A Hollywood one of course, LOL! She just ordered thigh boots. I bought her a cutlass and it almost brought her to tears. Her first sword....sigh. I ordered her a pistol as well. She will look quite fetching in silver, black and red. I will be wearing my more formal pirate kit. Neckcloth, vest and silk sash.

Well mak sure you call out our names so we can find the Pub members...

When we get back from the Hospital visit (restricted to Pirates already known to CHOC and already savvy about visiting with the kids)... I'll be the one toting around the Bodhran. B)

And I guess playing it from time to time B)

I hope anyone who can comes out. It's for a great cause.

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

When we get back from the Hospital visit (restricted to Pirates already known to CHOC and already savvy about visiting with the kids)...

B)

Now just what be me daughters a tell'n ye about me?!?

Honest, I only dropped the first two grand kids and by the time the third came to be I had perfected me grip much more better....little bugger's eyes bug out a bit but I aint dropped that one yet. Besides, the fist two bounced just as a baby should now.

:rolleyes:

*pssst*

the trick be ta grip them by the ankles an' hold them upside down, that way if they squirm ye can just shake them a bit till they settle down....

savvy about visiting with the kids, indeed. just show them the belay'n pin and they pipe down real fast!

;)

savvy about visiting with the kids, indeed. just show them the belay'n pin and they pipe down real fast!

B)

When they're dying? :rolleyes:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

savvy about visiting with the kids, indeed.  just show them the belay'n pin and they pipe down real fast!

B)

When they're dying? :rolleyes:

Aye, I believe MadL was referring t' healthy kids.

I hope the lucky pirates are able t' lift the children's spirits at CHOC, wit' out belayin' pins.

Twas a joke lass, settle down now!

...I only hold the ornery ones by their toes :ph34r:

Aye, I be know'n they be die'n an' I would ne'r pick one up by their feet, by some be so frail that even a simple touch could leave a bruise....I do know a fare bit out sickness and illnesses an' the people they inflict.

But the last thing I would do around a person so close t' see'n their maker is t' cry 'er make them feel that I treat them any different then anyone else. The best thing they need be a smile, the biggest smile they can muster, so when they pass through those golden gates they can carry with them one last happy thought.

Just ask any o' the five prodigies what sprung from me own seed, they will all tells ye that while some may think me mad at first, I really be but an ol' softy, one what likes the laught'r of little lads an' lasses.....but ye may have t' wait a bit fer the newest one t' answer ye, she not quite yet talk'n, but she make right sweet coo'n noises :ph34r:

Tell yer wench she's on safe waters.

The street Faire itself outside of the Pub with all the venders and such like is of course free.

If you come INTO The Pub to continue the fun then you are required to buy a raffle ticket for $5 And the stuff being raffled off just gets better and better so it may well be worth yer while.

Anyone with questions about the event's legalities may call:

CHOC

(714) 532-8690 ex: 5083 and ask for Viki.

Hope to see many of you there :blink:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif