The Crew of The Scavenger photoshoot

Hey there,

I haven't posted here in a while, but now I'm back. My Crew is now fully outfitted, and we did our first photoshoot in our new clothes a few weeks ago. I tried to stay as authentic as possible. Tell me what you think.

jackcalypso2.jpg

My macaw (Calypso) and I.

aaron.jpg

Edward Lafitte.

bucklingswash.jpg

Captain Stifler (That's me) and Alex Myers...

alexjack.jpg

...still fighting.

caseyedward.jpg

Edward and Casey.

charge.jpg

Alex and Amelia.

codysword.jpg

Colton Caine.

newbosun.jpg

Newly elected Bosun Amelia Vane flogs Mr. Myers.

twitchrichcalypsojack.jpg

Amelia , Alex, Jacob, and Jack, with Calypso preening herself.

jackcalypsosword.jpg

The Captain and Calypso.

crewbeach.jpg

Amelia, Colton, Edward, Zureil (Who just moved away), Jacob, Jack and Belle, and Alex.

And my ship:

deck.jpg

2007_0909geckocannonscl0002.jpg

crewflag.jpg

The Crew of the Scavenger’s Jolly Roger. I made it myself.

commandeerthatship.jpg

"Are you thinking...what I'm thinking...?"

My ex first mate, he unfortunately moved away. Picture was taken by me from the back of my boat.

The last two are both from last year.

That's "Vesper". Built in 1937 by James J. Taylor and Sons in Toronto. She was designed by T. F. Benson, I believe. Won two races from Newfoundland to Bermuda in '38 and '39, I believe. Great ship.

The hull is west system over mahogony. She's quite a fast ship too.

dear god if her hull is not the spitting immage of Windermere, an alden 36 built around the same time in Conn. There were six built out of that class and my grandfather and dad owned "E" (alden lettered instead of numbered these for some reason) for over thirty years. I grew up sailing her. amazing performers indeed. set her on a course and step away from the wheel if you like. she would hold a tack short of a hurricane (rode two out in her by the way).

I saw a black hull sister in charleston about ten years ago- its been so long i've forgotten her name. any chance she might be the same one?

thanks for the trip down memory lane.

-dutch

Nay, those feathers were given freely as gifts from the birds to Rumba. She is a sweet soul that wouldn't harm a creature.

Now, I'm not saying she wouldn't run another pirate/brit/french/spanish/etc. threw, just not an innocent animal.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Ooooo.... B)

Fantastic images of ye an' th' crew, Captain. Fine ship, glorious Colours...

ye must be one proud Captain. An' as ye should be! B)

Huzzah to ye, Captain Stifler.

M'hat 's off t' ye.

Splendid lot. Splendid.

I pray we cross paths sometime. I'll owe ye a drink in honor of yo'r fine crew an' fine vessel an' o'course th' fine vessel's fine Captain. B)B)

~Lady B

B)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

No, alas, she's not the same one you saw in Charleston. She had one sister ship, though I don't know the name of her. She used to be white. Her rig is not original, it was salvaged from a vessel that went down at its dock in Katrina.

As to the rest of ye, I am looking forward to seein' all of you at some point. I'm planning a meeting of crews at some point here in Sarasota, Florida. I'll keep you guys posted on it.

Sounds like a plan, Captain.

Hopefully th' Fates 'll be kind an' blow me down in thy direction for some piratical carousing.

But, still.. an impressive ship... an' an impressive crew.

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!