Steam Punk.....

Patrick Hand

This all sounds fun! Look at "The Difference Engine" by William Gibson (and Bruce Sterling?) Cyberpunk meets the Victorian age....

Monterey Jack

"yes I am a pirate 200 years too late,

the cannons don't thunder, there's nothin to plunder,

I'm an over-40 victim of fate,

arrivin too late.........."

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patrick, you are a pinnacle of curious knowledge for a guy like me to look up to. I always learn something from you, I am not on the computer much, and was completely unaware of the steampunk movement. Very cool, how do I miss these things? I can pretty much recite the script from mad max and have watched waterworld at least 200 times, what a great artistic outlet. Anyway, I am thinking about making Chrispy blind on a regular basis and was wondering about pc glasses or goggles of some sort, any ideas that wont break the bank?

Thanks for being you! Chrispy

Illustration courtesy of Patrick Hand, and his Pyrate Comix. To see comic in it's entirety, click below

http://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=13374 All rights reserved.

WOW! ....how very cool!!......I saw that Chrispy had posted here - (lol keeping my eyes on the hubby) and stopped in to check it out. I didn;t know there was a name or a movement associated with this aesthetic. Some of the work was amazing! I LOVE IT. I've always had a love of mixing the old and the new decor wise... don't really care for the shabby chic ...am more the victorian ashram bordello?! LOL...anyway I really love that you shared this! Awesome!

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

Victorian, ashram, bordello! I didn't know you'd seen my merlot-red bedroom, with the deep green curtains, and antique brass fixtures. Oh, yeah. Maybe not too ashram, but very Victorian bordello. LOL

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Steampunk...well, if'n we be on that subject, and forgive me if this has been mentioned before, but might the readership be familiar with the Scientific Adventures of Agatha Heterodyne, as chronicled by the esteamed (cough) Phil Foglio? There just happens to be an online version, whic may be accessed here--->

http://girlgeniusonline.com/

At the moment, they're in a "Cinderella" Xmas special, in case ye be wondering...

Damn, thats sharp!

Yeah... Girl Genus is fun stuff..... (I posted a link to it as well... up higher on this page...)

I usually only read it about every other month... I don't have the patience to read it weekly, and want to read a whole chunk of it at once......... :rolleyes:

OH yeah.... I forgot to post this one....

The Steampunk Forum/Brass goggles... The Steampunk version of the Pub.....

http://brassgoggles.co.uk/bg-forum/index.php

Yeah, I just now noticed you had mentioned it, about 45 minutes after I posted. I hereby humbly offer up my "Oops...sorry 'bout that, Chief"

Yeah... Girl Genus is fun stuff..... (I posted a link to it as well... up higher on this page...)

I usually only read it about every other month... I don't have the patience to read it weekly, and want to read a whole chunk of it at once......... :rolleyes:

OH yeah.... I forgot to post this one....

The Steampunk Forum/Brass goggles... The Steampunk version of the Pub.....

http://brassgoggles.co.uk/bg-forum/index.php

Damn, thats sharp!

Anyway, I am thinking about making Chrispy blind on a regular basis and was wondering about pc glasses or goggles of some sort, any ideas that wont break the bank?

Welding goggles only cost about $10.00... I glued leather over the base of them and then after cutting down the lens holders spray painted them gold (well then I imitation gold leafed them, but it didn't look any better than just the gold paint)

I'll have to post a picture of them....

I've also made goggles outta leather and metal pipe fittings for the lens holders....

Here is a diagram of some real goggles...

http://www.patrickwilson.com/goggles_plans.htm

Some ideas...

Steampunk_Airship_Pilot_by_homarusrex.jpg

Steampunk_Atlantis_by_leyna55.jpg

red5.jpg

Good pilot type stuff...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

I'm takin' a break from the weed whacker (Dang thing was sold as a sewing machine, but all it can do right now is shred the thread....)

I finished the "Combat Vest" and am (attempting) to sew a leather flight helmet....

I was digging through my stuff looking for the really old linen for a Buccaneer shirt, and found a russet brown jacket I forgot I'd bought... I'm Lining the thing with some light tan blanket (may be too warm to wear in Summer, unless I fold it up...) I still have to add the goggles loops, a brim, two "D" rings for the chin strap and sew the lining to the shell, so whenever the weed whacker decides to work again..... it should turn out great....

I might have to dig out the eyepatch I made... I wet molded the leather, and sewed on a skull and crossed bones necklace danglie... the cool part of it, is that the necklace danglie has holes for the nose and eyes, so I can see outta it..... Wax my mustache add a scar and I will make a down-right fearsome Airship Pyrate.....

I also have to do some modification to the legs of the jophers that I made... but that should be easy enough... Then decide if I want boots with a ton of buckles, or to just make some tall gaiters...