Steam Punk.....

Patrick Hand

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'aving been interested in this genre for a while now, I thought I'd post one of my pieces:

Audiophonic_Aetherometer.jpg

It's the "Audiophonic Aetherometer", which magically plays music obtained from the aethernet. :huh:

Basically, it's a self-contained MP3 "boombox".

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm getting closer to finishing all the stuff I need for a steamy Burning Man...... still have to sew the top to the tent, then the mosquito netting, and some work on the trike.......

In the happy panic mode kinda like wot I do before Pyrates in Paradise each year..... so much stuff to finish, but it all gets done in time......

Right now, I have a bunch almost completed stuff.... So I'll post pictures when I test camp with it to make sure it all works.......

And if I still have time.... then I can make an Airship Pyrate outfit.........

• 3 weeks later...

AAAAAACK !!!!!!!

Only 4 more weekends or 23 more days until Burning Man......

I still have to finish the cot, and the trike, and an Airship Pyrate jacket and vest........

There is the Independence Hall flea Market this weekend (it's an annual event where I buy all the wool blankets they have) and I want to see if I can find some more stuff for my camp.

The tent is finished, I'll post photos of it when I finish the cot....

The good news is that I know what my address will be...... 5:30 Corvet

When Eye were at ComicCon last week EYe ran into this Krewe of Steam puNk pIrAtes..

IMG_1432.jpg

They facinated me

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Looks like they would be a fun bunch to hang out with. :lol: Love the guy looking through his hat.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• 3 weeks later...

5 Days until Burning Man

OK.... everyone will have to wait for the photos when I get back..... now I'm in total panic mode........

Hey... PiP is a piece of cake compared to packing enough food , drink (water and the good kind) and everything needed for a week in the desert.....

Take care, Patrick, and have a great time! And yes, be sure to take lots of pictures. Burning Man looks like quite the adventure.

But, I still hope you can make it to Ojai. :ph34r:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

• 1 month later...

Hehehe... :::glances around::: Has Bilgemunky discovered this thread yet? :lol:

Some interesting images, mates. Truly. :) Especially the Star Wars version. Most interesting. I like! :)

But.. how's about this.. Move over Star Wars... the ULTIMATE in steampunk!!!... Transformers style! :lol:

HeartsofSteel_Megatron.jpg

Hearts_of_Steel_2ri.jpg

Hearts_of_Steel_1b.jpg

Hearts_of_Steel_3a.jpg

Info about it...

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Hearts_of_Steel

I'll go along with this. Tis mighty interesting. I've always enjoyed the Jules Verne stories... especially 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea.

Hmmm.... I might try this. :)

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 3 weeks later...

After clicking into a link for Abney Park, I found a link to this little gem.

Air Pyrate News Reel

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Hehehe... :::glances around::: Has Bilgemunky discovered this thread yet? :blink:

~Lady B

Does he notice anything these days. He is one seriously busy, drunk munky.

I love that Megatron though. Poor Bumblebee always gets the crap stuff =(

I mean, they have Starscream turn into a JET! while Bumblee gets a friggin' volkswagen. Just not fair.

Edited by Thequartermaster

Yeah, Crimson Skies looks like it might be fun.... At least the game setting looks fun.....

http://www.microsoft.com/games/crimsonskies/

This was probably the link....

I saw Abney Park last May at the Makers Fair, they are a very friendly band......

Airship Pirates...

I was always a big fan of the boardgame, and whenever I was in a ToysRUs I would always play the Xbox demo game. It's a shame they never did a PS2 version. But that's the competition so...

Wow... ten years ago... I still know of a game store that has some of the original lead miniatures...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimson_Skies

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Yeah, Crimson Skies looks like it might be fun.... At least the game setting looks fun.....

http://www.microsoft.com/games/crimsonskies/

This was probably the link....

I saw Abney Park last May at the Makers Fair, they are a very friendly band......

Airship Pirates...

Yup, that's where I started. You know, I'd heard the name Abney Park, but had never actually heard any of their music. I clicked in to about five of those videos, and by the time I was done, I was hooked. Yeah, the recordings, for the most part, were pretty raw, and done by fans in the audience, but I loved the music, and figure an album done in a studio would sound a lot better. I'm going to check it out when next I'm at the store, and you can put on those head phones and scan the CD bar code to get a quick sampling of the tunes. <_<

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Son#1 agrees. He's a big fan of Bumblebee. Funny thing is, he's also a big fan of original VW bugs.

lOl I love the old VW's! hmm this Steam Punk does seem pretty awesome and I do like the freedom...Could Patrick have started a new trend for us Pirates here?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

...Could Patrick have started a new trend for us Pirates here?

Hey... airship pyrates....cool....now we gotta figure out wot that looks like.....

you know, I'd heard the name Abney Park, but had never actually heard any of their music. I/quote]

Funny thing is... they are a really cool band.... and they enjoy their audience,,,, drat... Robert (the lead dude) well and alla them go out and talk to everyone before the show... they feel like one of your friends..... dang cool....you feel like you are a part of the band, and it is your friends playing.....I've never felt that before for any band...... but Abney Park does that.... cool......

I wanted to post a link to Abney Parks Airshp Pyrates.... but by now everyone has seen that haven't they?

Hey..... wot do Airship Pyrates look like.... wot I did at Burning Man kinda sucked...... Drat, it just didn't work..... How do you make a costume for a time that never existed.... but is kinda based on some parts of history?.... trycorne/cocked hats... bucket boots..... see that don't work......well it might... but not working fer me right now....... so wots yer thinkin on it?

LOL.... hilarious, QM. :P

It's Bumblebee. After all, he's the one stuck with the cheesy kid or teen in almost every series out there with him in it. :)

Aye, Megatron is my fav. Hello?!?! CANNON! :( I do so love cannons.

All in all, it's a neat version, yet some Transfans are kinda iffy about it.

Ooo! Ooo! Matt! Another TF fan, mate? Rock on!!!

Well, I suppose a techno cowboy version with a futuristic style would be BraveStarr from the 80's. Might by steampunkish, in a couple of ways I suppose.

Yes. Yes I think Patrick DID toss lighter fluid onto an ember. :P

Hmm, wonder what you get with 18th c steampunk style/ pirate steampunk. Instead of victorian/edwardian era, more of the 17th or 18th c influence? Hmmm...

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda of a long ways away, for us West Coasters, but it would be a blast.

So, Patrick, are you going Steam Punk for Halloween?

Oh, and FYI for anyone who is interested, the Brass Goggles forum is back up! :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg