Steam Punk.....

Patrick Hand

OK... I'm not givin up on Pyracy,,,,,

I'm just playin' something else different for awile.....

Wot if......

what if history went "spmewhere eles" for awhile..... alternative history.......

OK... cool Steampunk......

OK they are as nice/cool as we are...... and if I ever need a reference.......WIO,,,,I gots them.......

OH...... did I mention. that I'm going to Birniing man thus year,,,,

SWo I will be playing offa something tatally different for awhile.......

Awh rats.....didn't ty[e nothing bout Steampunk.........nor much 'bout Burning Man................drat... must be drunk again............

But if I ever need a reference....dang..... I know alla ye Pyreate would give me a good one,,,,,,

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen the "SteamPunk(ed) Comuptrer"........ but heck.... the one i'm making is so much cooler....will post the picture when it's done.....

That is a large part of the whole Steampunk thought...... Wot can you make.....

With Pyrate...... I'm kinda stuck with, what was period (being one of the hard ass period Authenics...)..... with Steampunk, I don't gotta worry 'bout that.... (Heck I needa brrak from being so dang period)......

OH Yah.... still Pyrate..... but playing offa SAteam Punked Air Pyrate...... (yah... an gotta post th' pictures...)................. still gotta love th' rum...................

Patrick--

I love the fact that you post when you're drunk!

And steampunk is such a cool genre! Be sure to post those pictures of your contraptions and your Steampunk Air Pyrate costume. We'd love to see them.

Oooo ... that reminds me ... I still haven't seen Robert deNiro as the pirate captain of the dirigible ship in Stardust! I'll have to get that movie on DVD.

Anyhow, if you're looking for visual inspiration, I highly recommend the art-direction in the series The Secret Adventures of Jules Verne:

http://www.fanclub.sajv.net/episodes.html

The series is still playing in early-morning re-run timeslots on the Canadian Space channel, and used to run on the American Sci Fi channel. The plots were non-sensical, and the scripts were laughable, but the steampunk special effects, props and costumes were breathtaking.

Anyhow, I hope your new steampunk adventure turns out to be a lot of fun!

Cheers, Hester

P.S. Gatorade is great for curing a hangover!

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Y'know Patrick.....I wuz just wondering where yed gone off to. Thought that raccoon finally got you :P

I have been looking at that stuff here

The Steampunk Workshop

I can see how you would totally fit into this. Especially with all the stuff you create. Pirates are an adventuresome lot to a point, so have an adventure and keep us posted!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

NOW I know where you've been hiding all this time!

I think you and Steampunk would be a natural, with your great ability to build or make anything. Post pictures, for sure.

BUT....please don't abandon us pirates for good. We'd miss you...A LOT!

(Besides, you still have a few art journals to get under your belt! Hmmm, I wonder if trying to organize that was what drove you to Steampunk :lol::lol: )

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

This stuff is neat. For the past several years my belly dancing has gone into a fusion of Victorian era vaudeville crossed with something of a post apocalyptic middle eastern flair. The style I've developed is much slower than traditional belly dance and far more articulated. Traditionalist generally hate it but its been lots of fun for me. :lol:

Ouch, for some reason my head really hurt this morning.......

I'm still going to play a historical Pyrate, but for the Steampunk stuff, I'm going to make a kinda Victorian Airship Pyrate.

I already made a hat and goggles.

Hatwgoggles.jpg

and I have a letter of Margue from Emporer Norton....

NortonMarque.jpg

I'm about half way done with a pair of jophers outta light blue denim, and a dark blue flannel shirt.

Ohter projects that are soon to be in the works...

A tent.

a folding cot with a red vynal (Velvet would get too dirty/dusty at Burning Man) headboard

A radio that will look kinda like an old Victrola

Hey... I have a whole camp of stuff to make...

Oh, nice!  I checked out Jenny's Steampunk Workshop link above, and found this very cool band, Abney Park.

And they even have a song called "Airship Pirate":

http://www.abneypark.com/

Very tempting merchandise!

Both cool links. Thanks.

I'll add Crabfu Steamworks. It's one of my favs. Seems to be down at the moment, however. maybe he's adding some new marvelous contraption.

http://www.crabfu.com/steamtoys/

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting to see what either of you create! :rolleyes:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Who? Me? Silas, I mean Patrick, yes. But me? I'm generally not a maker of stuff. However... I am a maker of events!

:lol:

That being said, I do have one or two clever and twisted inventions in mind. Now it's just a matter of applying the right amount of money.

<_<

My Home on the Web

Drat.... I'm still waiting for my ticket to Burning Man to arrive..... should be in me grubby mits sometime next week....... (and the WWII reproduction Army shoes/low boots so I'll be styling...)

If I didn't (well Should) have to clean out my RV, I'd be able to finish the jophers, and start on a new Kacki (Drat, can't spell it.... so TAN )coat for Summer.

Right now most of my steampunk projects are just bits and pieces, waiting for a little more free time, and some more bits and pieces to compleate them... But hacksawing a bycycle apart was kinda fun (I'm making a wierd trike for Burning Man)

I'd never even heard of that Burning Man thing until you mentioned it. Did a quick search on the net and, whoa, talk about fascinating. Not my cup of tea, to be sure, but without a doubt one of the more interesting subcultural events there is out there.

This is pretty cool...

Guthrie3.jpg

RB5674 Guthrie Coat

This example was made for a British Army Officer currently serving in Iraq, he researched his regiments history in Iraq in WW1 and found that this jacket was popular amongst Officers and men for wear during the cold desert nights. It was not an issue item but instead made by regimental tailors for those who could afford one.

Deciding that he wanted something to keep himself warm during his tour of duty he commissioned us to make this for him. We extensively researched this coat with the client and are confident that this is an exact copy of the originals, it is made from an extra special quality Hainsworth wool that is very heavy, the khaki color has a distinctive brown hue to it as did the originals, a grey flannel wool lining is fitted. The buttons are concealed and two flap pockets are fitted outside and a document pocket inside.

The jacket is what we term a 4 piece construction and has a centre vent at the rear. To order only 10-12 weeks delivery.

Museum Quality. £295.00 any size.

A trike? You should document your progress and post it, someplace.

My Home on the Web

Blackjohn, that's a good looking coat....

I'm making something outta tan cotton (I already have one I made outta a wool army blanket so I have something to wear when it's cold)

But I'm going with something that is kinda cross between a WWI Auzi uniform and what Teddi and the Rough Ridders wore.

That's one of the fun things about Steampunk, I don't have to worry about being period or not. (don't get me wrong, the hard-ass authentic stuff is fun, but I wanted a "break" from it for awhile) Hey, Steampunk is not period, and never did exist, so I can play with alla the information I know about period stuff, mix it up and make something totaly unique...

Kinda like the post on your board when I typed that I wanted to make a reproduction of the Buccaneer from a Howard Pyle painting (just for funsies), and I was disuaded from it because it might confuse people because they know my stuff is more authentic, and would think it was authentic because I was wearing it.... Dang, being a bad (well whatever) example sometimes slightly limets what you can do....

With Steampunk, I don't have to worry/bother with that, and that (well and making stuff) is a lot of the fun of it.

Hey, I still like being a hard ass/core Authentic Pyrate, but I can play with something else also...... cool