Beads fer brika brak!

MadL

If any one be seekin to get Jack Slapped, er perhaps ye wenches (are we allowed to Swan Slap the wenches?) who may be in seek o' some fine quality beads rather then that plastic junk (er, what is 'plastic' anyway?), well I recently found a small island with just th' right stuff:

Kate's Treasure - Tibetian Beads

not as cheap as plastic and clay but they sure are purdy. Coral, turquoise, copal, shell, yak bone all with silver inlayed caps. Many with holes large enough t' fit a sizable leather strap. (needed some company fer me crocodile tooth)

I don't wear a wig and me hair is nah long enough these days (thanks t' corpirates) ta wear hair beads but I be needn some fine glitter fer other accessories and found this little island o' treasure. Hope some of ye can also find it useful.

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

An' where might one find one o' these bead shops?

I not be familiar with Escondito, know where it be but not been thar in years an' not know the area nor the shops. I found this place when I gave up on local bead keepers in my Los(t) Angeles area fer none here had but cheap plastic and Martigrass type beads so I took ta fishin' the Internet...oh, an' fake bone; don't want 'fake' bone, need stuff from inside real dead things I do!

I have me a 3 inch crocodile tooth on a leather strap hangin' from a silver cap, on each side I have a stone carved skull but right now it only have four long 'fake' bone spacers. I want to replace the fake bone with either real bone or somethin' like the ones at the site I posted which be long in shape with silver caps (not shiny puter however, silver...gold if not too pricey, or brass might do too), I am thinkin' about 25~35mm in length an' about 8~11mm in the thickest center. Can Escondido bead merchants do this?

:lol:

(been to Swagarts.com, that be where the skulls come from, but they have not any thin tubular shaped ones which my 4mm leather fit through)

There's several, but the best is the Indian store over on El Norte Parkway, next to my other favorite store Value Craft.

There's a bead place just off Centre City Parkway as you get off the 15 freeway going north and it looks like a small cabin on the right, but trust me, it's bigger than it looks. There's one that opened up in downtown, but I haven't been to it yet. There use to be one over in the Von's center off Centre City Parkway by Felicita Ave, but I don't know if it's still there. They use to have great pieces of real amber - with a price....plus many of the beads you showed.

Most of the time it's the Indian store, Value Craft , Jo Ann's or Michael's.

I have a Jo Ann's and a Michael's on my area, been to a couple o' each but not found beads as the one on the site I posted? Actually that is where I have the 'fake' bone ones from, looks kinda 'real' but to hang with a real real tooth of such size just don't seem proper which is why I keep lookin.

Just got to thinkin however, with a tank full o' fuel round trip down ta the San of Diego horn us gonna cost me a good $55 to $60 or more, I think maybe a mail order is in order else I be spending even more for just a couple of beads....I am a pirate, not an Indian!

too bad we have not the skills for ta make our cars run on winds an' sail!

B)

You might also try Fire Mountain Gems and Beads — www.firemountaingems.com. It's a mail order co. and they are one of the biggest bead sellers in the states, of not the world, around since 1973. They have everything you need, from beads, to findings, to wire, leather cord, litterally tons of stuff from all over the world. You can order on line, or send for one of their huge FREE catalogues. They don't have a retail shop, but you can also order stuff by phone — 1-800-355-2137. And, they just happen to be based here in Grants Pass, OR — handy for me. B)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Aye, I know of www.firemountaingems.com, me folks had been in the rubber stamp business doing trade shows fer the past several yar, known as StampWorks they were, until recent when they sold it and went into retirement. Me mother, bless here heart, enjoyed doing much paper craft and playin' with beads an' such. She still get the FireMountain catalog too.

I do not recall seein' any bone bead there however, and I know they have no shell with holes large enough fer me leather....unless they have added new since last summer....?

• 2 weeks later...
Aye, I know of www.firemountaingems.com, me folks had been in the rubber stamp business doing trade shows fer the past several yar, known as StampWorks they were, until recent when they sold it and went into retirement. Me mother, bless here heart, enjoyed doing much paper craft and playin' with beads an' such. She still get the FireMountain catalog too.

I do not recall seein' any bone bead there however, and I know they have no shell with holes large enough fer me leather....unless they have added new since last summer....?

*Thud* Not to hijack....but I am an avid stamper. And when i say avid....I mean I have tons of stuff but am temporarily uninspired to stamp anything....figures.

I also reccomend Fire Mountain Gems though. I have seen bone beads in some of their supplement catalogues. I will be honest, however, that I got my bone beads from some Viking re-enactors that I used to hang out with alot.

Banner.jpg

• 2 years later...