-insert cool title-

T. Hatchette

been lurking about for abit , and have decided that instead of rum, everyone gets a round of tequila shooters and/or a vodka'ed-up fruit drink of their choice :lol::D:D:lol::lol:

anyway, im rather a fan of pirates, always have been, and shows like POTC add to it, with characters like Sparrow and Barbossa, among others.

also, im keen to try my hand at pirate reenacting, and i cant much think of a better place than Charleston, SC.

The only thing i haven't decided on, is weather or not to go for all out fantasy (though not to the point of silliness and absurdity), or try to retain a level of realism and accuracy, and if so, how much?

questions? comments? keelhaulings? :D:lol:

"Welcome! Tank ya fer d'...?"

Silkie looks at eyes the umbrella drink in he hand quizically, shrugs then begins to sip between phrases.

"Pyrate garb depends on yer interests..."

sip

"...and disposition."

slurrrrrp

"Jus don expects us t'agree on every ting ..."

siiiiip

"...er anyting. mmmmm."

sllllllurp

"jus keep yer polyester doubleknit away..."

slurp sip sip

"...from the fire..."

smack-smack (lips that is)

"...and me."

naaaahhhhhhh (brain freezzzzze!)

"n'don expec us t'agree on foot wear eider!!"

Welcome to the pub! A quick word of advice... historically accurate pirates can do both... Fantasy pirates can only do fantasy... Nice bunch here...

Oi Silkie... mind yer manners...and wipe yer mouth on yer OWN sleeve... :lol::lol::lol::D

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Welcome, indeed, suh. And the good Captain is right, you can play both ways if you dress as period as you can...however, a little fantasy never hurt anyone. ;)

::Sticks little umbrella into my hair::

But whatever you do, DON'T mention bucket boots...you'll start a rave that will last for pages and pages. ;););)

Cheers ;)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

;) Oh crikey, you're right. Now we're in for it!

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

welcome aboard :o i'm a newbie also... hollywood or historic ?? there are both here. from what i have seen, the reenactors here are passionate about their preferences, but would rather teach the rest instead of being jerks about it.

a great group of people!! many have great informative web sites, helpful posts ( for us newbies ) and are more than willing to share their learned knowledge and skills.

for example; i am going to try my hand at making a few tricorns with info from a few threads. they make it look easy..

right now, i am leaning towards hollywood, but the historic group has me thinking........... it's all for fun, so have fun here :o

make mine a bud light.. :o

btw... in my profile, there is a pic of our 5 y.o. wearing my hat and my bucket boots. just so you know what they look like..

yes, what are bucket boots?  :o

Not for the historically minded.. :o . :o

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

:o:o

Oh, already I'm HIGHLY entertained with this thread.

Bucket boots. Great example of those: Jack Sparrow's boots.

Granted, true. Not exactly historically accurate but they are fun.

You can go with other footwear if ye fancy. Boots be not th' only footwear a pirate may have. I do both boots an' shoes.

Aye. I'll agree with th' others. Just be who ye wish t' be. Ye can always change preference and attire over time. :o

My attire is historical fiction. Like PotC, Treasure lsland, etc. Meaning has that historical look and feel but there are obvious fictional parts or look to it. Same with the new outfit that I'm making - crimson velvet outfit.

Take a look 'round. And aye, I'll take both if ye'd be so kind. :o

Charleston, says ye?

Ooo, an' he favors Barbossa, too. I likes him. :)

~Lady B

:o

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Lilly enters the room...and waits for 'someone to offer her a seat. One the chair has been pulled out and dusted off...she sits down in front of T. Hatchette.

"My deepest apologies for being so late with a salutation, Master Hatchette. It is good to see a new face here."

Lilly quickly takes up a small tankard of cider. "There be many here who favor both Historical and fanciful. I am not a pyrate as you can see. There are a few of us who rather play the civilian aspect of the GAoP...but we do our best to add flavor to any event we do.

(Leans over to T. Hatchette and whispers, "I do a wonderful 'chick-scream' when our skit calls for a destressed female."

You find that there is a ton of information here. Ask questions and there be some friendly soul here to point you in the right direction.

Lilly looks down at T. Hatchette's tankard. "You look like you need another ale!"

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Ha'ya T. Hatchette! Thankye fer the drink too!

B)

but, er, what be this about foot wear that we all do not agree on? I though fer sure we all agreed that our foot wear ta be on the floor.

Why last time the barkeep caught me with me foot on the table he dang nar shot me toes off!!

:lol:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

• 1 month later...

update; after my trailer house catching fire, and after a week in a nearby motel (in which we recived a small sloop's worth of donated clothes), a breif 2 weeks in goose creek (just shy of charleston, but nice none-the-less, i intend to go back eventually) it seems that ill be staying in the Kansas City area for a time more. ;)

so, while i lost stuff, the things that survived the fire were a significant portion of my books (having already been packed for SC), my imperial sandtrooper stuff (ash-covered, but otherwise untouched), and my hat, dragoon pistol, and boots (also had been packed for SC).

the things damaged, that i consider of more important value, as far as i know, are my clothes, bed stuff, and my 2 computers (smoke damage only) so with any luck, and alot of aircans and cleaning up/out later, my comps might be good-off as well.

all-in-all, ide say i was quite lucky :rolleyes: buckets of rum around the house, on me. ;););)

Fire?!!? NOT good!! Know the feelin, know the heat, know how it be for months after wake'n up in the dead o' night think'n ye smell smoke again!

Ye were not inside when the flames began? Sleep'n in bed perhaps? Awoke not by the smoke nay by the heat but by the 'Sound'???

Glad ye made it alive!

'ave a tankard on me mate!!!

:rolleyes:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!