Pirate ship sinks

http://www.sptimes.com/2008/03/09/Neighbor...ship_sink.shtml

Mock pirate ship sinks

The Treasure Seeker, a tourist attraction at the Pier, sank during its owners' attempted move to the Virgin Islands. The Treasure Seeker, formerly the Lady Betsea, was moored at the St. Petersburg Pier for almost two years until last month.

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

Strange how the world of karma works. Escape a marina bill and foreclosure and the ship sinks beneath ya. Thank god everyone is safe. But it's amazing how the "gods" seek a balance in the world.

Hard to believe they have the money to buy another ship but not pay their docking bills. :huh:

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Indeed, hurricane.

Apparently Calypso or Poseidon was pissed. tsk tsk to piss off th' sea gods.

~Lady B

:unsure:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

In my opinion, an ugly boat. The schooner that rescued the crew was much nicer (though not really my style). I'm glad this tub's at the bottom, as it's less of an eyesore there. Give me a real sailing vessel that's seaworthy over some motor-barge with fake sails.

Coastie :unsure:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

I am not so sure about the black Power cannon. I just caught a Travel Channel show, (the ten best beaches in Florida) and they had a clip that showed a 'pirate ship' that looked a lot like the one in this thread, one of the shots was of a crew member shooting what looked like a small lanyard pull shotgun blank signal cannon out the gangway opening.

Or I guess it could have been a clip on the show from Captain Memo's Pirate Cruise which a response to the article on the sinking said was the original 'pirate cruise ship' that the sinking ship had copied it's idea from.

I'm glad this tub's at the bottom, as it's less of an eyesore there.

Coastie :o

Sorry if I can't be "glad" about the sinking of someone's dream, regardless of it. It was a popular craft for folks who want to have a bit of fun with their pyracy and I see no fault in it. I hope these people get another boat and fill it with would-be pyrates who want to spend a few hours enjoying the sea, the sun, and a plastic mug-o-rum with a skeleton drink straw.

If ye have ever had a rough time bringing your baby to life (i.e., in my case The Pyrates Way) in which ye can't please everyone with your dream but you suffice to at least please some. . . then ye'd know of what I speak.

From Disney's merchandising to "fake" pyrate ships full o'patch-eyed tourists, I say the more the merrier. 'tis the dime of folks such as they that keep our own pyraticalness alive.

I'd rather share a rum with a polyester pyrate than no pyrate at all, says I.

I'm pretty much in the exact frame of mind, Black Fox. Obviously, my personal preference is for wooden ships that sail the oceans, but.....in context, with each of your lines, I'm in total agreement. It takes a lot of money, blood, sweat and tears to keep these 'dreams' of ours afloat (whether your dream literally floats, or metaphorically floats matters naught to me, it be the same blood you shed; I've the scars for proof) Aboard Royaliste, we try to sow the seeds the yield to such dreams, so I could never wish them anything but well, whether you'd find me sailing on said dream or not....End of rant, just my PPO (personal pirate opinion,mates..)

:lol:

Sorry if I can't be "glad" about the sinking of someone's dream, regardless of it. It was a popular craft for folks who want to have a bit of fun with their pyracy and I see no fault in it. I hope these people get another boat and fill it with would-be pyrates who want to spend a few hours enjoying the sea, the sun, and a plastic mug-o-rum with a skeleton drink straw.

If ye have ever had a rough time bringing your baby to life (i.e., in my case The Pyrates Way) in which ye can't please everyone with your dream but you suffice to at least please some. . . then ye'd know of what I speak.

From Disney's merchandising to "fake" pyrate ships full o'patch-eyed tourists, I say the more the merrier. 'tis the dime of folks such as they that keep our own pyraticalness alive.

I'd rather share a rum with a polyester pyrate than no pyrate at all, says I.

I totally agree,Sir. The more folks get interested in piracy the better for all of us. After all "The Brotherhood" is wide and varied, We should embrace them all.