1st Annual Long Island Pirate Festival

Cutter, aye, that is the LOW number being bandied about. Some are in the belief that 25K is more likely. We Long Islanders truely are starved for entertainment that does not require Mai-Tais, soccer-moms or golf clubs.

The Seafood Festival, held later in the year, on the Museum grounds, routinely pulls in 30-40K for the weekend.

Schedule should be posted later today.

As one might guess, everyone wants a 'special' slot. Stand yer watch, says I, an be thankful the boson does not hae ye bend the storm canvass to the foretop mast.

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Seafood Festival, held later in the year, on the Museum grounds, routinely pulls in 30-40K for the weekend...

...As one might guess, everyone wants a 'special' slot. Stand yer watch, says I, an be thankful the boson does not hae ye bend the storm canvass to the foretop mast.

...a splice of the Main Brace would be preffered.

Aye then, we heave to and brace for the "Wave of Humanity" to break over us, as they say. Let's hope it's a "Green Back Wave" full 'o "Golden Flashes". Like every Merchant and Performer, me coffers could use the boost that only going on the Account can offer.

This is going to be fun!

BTW: I'll be in touch with you later today via PM to discuss the Hellion Project.

"Cutter"

"No Profit Grows Where is No Pleasure Taken."

Does anyone know if participants are allowed to go on site early (preferably Friday afternoon) to set up tents in the period camp? Also, are we allowed to camp on site Friday night as well as Saturday?

Captain Myfanwy T. "Bloodrose" Blodynrhos

The Midnight Rose

"Why is the rum always gone?" ::stagger:: "Oh. That's why."

Fantastic! Yes, it's a period 13' round tent complete with pirate pennant on top, luxurious accomodations for 2 pirate captains. :unsure: The tent takes a good half an hour for us to set up and I'd rather struggle with it on Friday in my civvies than try to do it Saturday morning in garb.

Cheers!

The Midnight Rose

Cutter, along the shoreline is reserved for pirate camps. However, pirate camps may be interspersed with the vendors, should you choose to. Other then that, there are no rules regarding spaces. THe idea is to make it seem more like a bazzar then just 2-3 rows of vendors and 2-3 rows of pirate camps. Mix N Match says I.

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

THe idea is to make it seem more like a bazzar then just 2-3 rows of vendors and 2-3 rows of pirate camps. Mix N Match says I.

I like the sound of that arrangement. Too often, features of the Festival are separated and it prevents a flow between the the Merchants and the Performers. When it works, it makes for a Great Event.

Darrike - an email has gone out with all the information regarding spacing, etc. Did you get it?

Also, if anyone needs any info regarding the local area while at the Festival, just ask. My crew isn't vending or performing, just having a presence and interacting with the crowd, so we don't really have a set schedule. We will be available to help those who need it.

Except when Strike the Bell is performing, then you can find me there. :)

The Midnight Rose

Bloodrose-- email????

Our crew is going but I've seen nothing. Was that a general email?

Hawkyns

:rolleyes:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Darrike - an email has gone out with all the information regarding spacing, etc. Did you get it?

That e-mail seems to have missed me. Can you forward a copy, or post it here if that it OK with the promoters.

I would love to hear any sort of updates when available... it takes my mind off of my mundane work schedule.

Thanks

"Cutter"

IS there a schedule published for the music? We are only able to make Sat and want to make sure we're there for the bands and activities since we have a bit of a drive or train ride out!!

"It is more like I am transitioning from a pirate hobby to the pirate lifestyle"- me

pub_footer.jpg

Darrike - there was an email sent to all participants. The Zeewolves are listed in the space allocation as vendors and encampment. PM me your email address and I'll forward it to you.

Hawkyns - the Mermayde was NOT listed in the space allocation - you should probably contact Ye Pyrate Brotherhood ASAP. Their address is yepyratebrotherhood at yahoo dot com. You and everyone who is attending with you must be on the official list for ID and to camp.

As far as the schedule of entertainment, all I have is an unofficial list, and I am unsure if it is to be released as public knowledge. I will say that as of right now the Crimson Pirates are only scheduled for Sunday.

The Midnight Rose

I almost forgot - the email also had attached a parking permit which all vehicles must display to park in the performer/entertainer/vendor/staff parking area.

The Midnight Rose

Aye mates, Bloodrose has the truth of it. Hawkyns, get in touch with Ye Pyrate Brotherhood. Crimson Pirates on Sunday only. Parking permits for staff, vendors, crews and performers only. BUT pleny of regular parking for patrons. Shedule will be posted this weekend on the festival site.

Me 'umble appologies, I been remiss in me duties as webmaster for the event, since we have been off to Blackbeard last weekend ( and recovering from it all this past week - who knew one could consume that much rum!)

YPB is getting a real trial by fyre, s this is thier first time organizing an event of this magnatude, but I think they are doing a smash up job - if ye never have done something like this, ye have no idea of the amount of behind the scenes work involved. and details, details details.

example: Suffolk County Parks Det aks YPB last week for all the insurance riders for those who are firing black powder weapons.

HUH? they sez. Scramble, scramble scramble. Not to worry , the LI Maritime Museum has such a blanket rider, so no wrries for those shooting BP weapons.

LIPF is only 6 days away!

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

No problem, Capt. Thighbiter. I know you and YPB must be busy...so I'm helping where I can. I'm local, so if you guys need anything, please let me know. Capt. Rhedd and I will be there Friday evening to set up our tent and we plan on camping Friday night, weather permitting. I'm sure we'll be able to help out with other stuff at that time.

And Capt. - I hope ye left room for some more rum this coming weekend...I have a feeling there will be copious quantities of said elixir present...

The Midnight Rose

:lol: This is most disturbing as the email had important info and there are a number of ye who did not get it...

Lucretia (Bo's'n of Ye Pyrate Brotherhood) does say she is missing some emails for vendors and the like so I'll do my best to post here the very important details and I will bring extra parking permits with me. If you do not see yourself or your crew/store/etc on the list please email Lucretia at yepyratebrotherhood at yahoo dot com. I will also make it a point to find her on site Friday and let her know the situation.

Here be the letter....

Thanks to all who contacted me and corrected info, and thanks to those who offered prizes for the contest. Everyone must know,the following, you can only come in through THE NORTH GATE. the other gates will be closed off. There will be people there on Saturday and Sunday checking. Hickory Arms, and Pirates Way Magazine, please contact me right away about your tent size...

Thanks,

Lucretia

Ye Pyrate Brotherhood <yepyratebrotherhood@yahoo.com> wrote:

Ok. We have attempted to put out the vendor list of spaces, are providing you with parking permits for on-site parking, and vendor location numbers. I am missing some vendor e-mails for this information however, and anyone who has them, please let me know. If your space size is wrong, please let me know. Also if I have you listed, and you are not coming, I need to know.

Also, this is the tentative list of show-times for the various entertainment. George, I need Karli's e-mail and Shari's. If it is a problem, or you want to perform more or less I need to know that also.

Alan, I know you had been working on this, but had some conflicts with Bangers and Mash and Fathom's times. Also the times listed for the costume contests are final, based upon the "dignitaries" coming to judge the contests.

If anyone has any ideas how I can get some more prizes for the contests, I would appreciate that also. We will attempt this weekend to go out and get some more, but don't know if that's possible.

Thank you Lealand Eve in Sayville for stepping up to the plate...

Also, I need to know exactly who is coming when..(ie: Friday night, or Saturday am) We will have someone at the museum from 1 pm on on Friday. Bill and Daniel are doing the airport runs in the afternoon. The museum is having hay delivered for those who requested it, on Friday. Also am working on grills, since we can't have "open" fires.

I also need contact numbers for everyone involved. You will be given some kind of identifying band or tag for each member of your group or organization,so will need an accurate listing of everyone.

Thank you,

Lucretia

Number VENDOR SPACE TYPE

1 Dragons Paradox 12 x 12 Vendor

A-1 Pirates for Sail 10 x 10 Perfomers/Encampment

2 Stone & Bone Trading 10 x 10 Vendor

3 Strong Sword 10 x 10 Vendor

4 Henna Rising 10 x 10 Vendor

A-2 Bawdy Buccaneers 10 x 20 Performers/Encampment

A-3 Brigands 10 x 20 Performers/Encampment

5 Fairie Taylor 11 x 18 Vending

6 Silvermane 10 x 20 Vending

7 Mountain Rogues 10 x 10 Vending

8 Hickory Arms 10 x 10 Vending

9 Shire Attire 10 x 10 Vending

10 Planet Amazonia 10 x 10 Vending

A-4 Valhalla Pirates 20 x 30 Encampment

A-5 Sea Rats Atlantic 20 x 30 Encampment

11 Medieval Mayhem 10 x 10 Vending

12 Long Island Lighthouse 10 x 20 Non-Profit/Vending ??

13 KnightShade Leather 10 x 20 Vending

A-6 Ye Pyrate Brotherhood 30 x 50 Performance stage/Encampment

14 Star Treatment 10 x 10 Vending

A-7 The Hostel 10 x 20 Assistance

A-8 Crimson Pirates 10 x 10 Sunday Only

15 Long Island Martime Museum 10 x 10 Non-profit

16 Sayville Chamber of Commerce 10 x 10 Non-Profit

17 18th Century Games 20 x 20 Performance

18 Star Stuff 4 sale 10 x 10 vending

19 Ragrugs 10 x 10 ???

20 Pyrates Way Magazine 10 x 10 ???

21 Huntington Lighthouse 10 x 10 Non-Profit

22 Fire Island Lighhouse 10 x 10 Non-Profit

A-9 Scupper 10 x 30 Encampment

A-10 Zee-Wolves 10 x 20 Vending/Encampment ??

A-11 Capt. Blythe 10 x 10 Encampment

A-12 Midnight Rose & Devils’ Chariot 13 ft round Encampment

23 Valhalla Pirates 10 x 10 Vending

24 Pirates Way Magazine ??? Vending/promoting

The Midnight Rose

If anyone - merchant, crew, performer or playtron, has any issues with LIPF, here is the HOTLINE # 631 434 7091 ( or 631 DAMBED1 ), and I will personally see that it gets taken care of.

Just don't be sending me like a thousand pizzas or sea pies!

LIPF - 2 days!

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

I am having a tough decision upon going GAoP correct or having a fun time in my more wench pirate gear? Aside from the male point of view of enjoying the pirate-slut look any thoughts such as would be more appropriate to the the festival or what is needed?

"It is more like I am transitioning from a pirate hobby to the pirate lifestyle"- me

pub_footer.jpg

There are going to be both wenchy and GAoP correct females present so I say go with whatever you want. My crew leans a little more to the wenchy side as we mostly participate in the SCA and the local medieval/ren scene. This is actually our first straight pirate festival.

The weather forecast is calling for temps in the high 80s, so wench wear might be a little more comfortable.

Unfortunately my station requires more formal dress so I will be frying in my frock coat and breeches. :lol: We'll see how long I can hold out until the coat comes off. I'm thinking not past noon.

The Midnight Rose