1st Annual Long Island Pirate Festival

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news, Captain, thanks! I spoke via messenger to the ship's cooper of YPB and we straightened everything out. I also offered my help if the festival needs it.

Captain Myfanwy T. "Bloodrose" Blodynrhos

The Midnight Rose

"Why is the rum always gone?" ::stagger:: "Oh. That's why."

NOTICE for all RE-enactor groups/ pirate crews for the Long Island Pirate Festival

There will be over night camping using PERIOD setups only. Please no popups or non GAOP tentage.

. Fires will be allowed on the ground or in above ground pits, and the Museum will open one of the buildings overnight for bathrooms and showers.

For regular camping, use Heckshire State Park ( see the event website for the link) which is 10 minutes from the Festival site.

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

It's a canvas 13' foot round, that's no good? I hope so...we paid good money for it. Bought it from midwesttent.com

The Midnight Rose

Put the crew of the Mermayde down as definite. Not sure of numbers yet, but we will have a period camp and at least one of our cannon.

Hawkyns

:lol:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well this event, for a first time effort, is shaping up to be a real whoopdy-doo. The support from the towns, media and local orgs has been superb. We are still adding more crews, more vendors and the latest addition to the entertainment - The Crimson Pirates! If ye southern scallywags hae not heard them, ye be missing some vera entertaining music.

And, there will be a free-fire zone, for small arms!

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

Now that's my two very favorite piratical music acts at the Festival - Strike the Bell AND The Crimson Pirates!

::overcome with fangirlishness, faints::

::wakes up::

My crew and I are VERY excited!

The Midnight Rose

I just want to interject: @#$%%&!!!

That is my reaction to the fact that I will miss this event. I spent most of my first 40 years of life just down the Island for the site. Now, of course, when I am 1500 miles away, they have a pirate event.

Pardon me while I feed myself slowly into a paper-shredder.

You may resume your discussion.

Red Sea Trade

In days of old when ships were bold just like the men that sailed 'em,

and if they showed us disrespect we tied 'em up and flailed 'em,

often men of low degree and often men of steel,

they'd make you walk the plank alone or haul you 'round the keel.

--Adam and the Ants

HEY THERE ALL YOU SEA DOGS!!

This be James B. Hawke, Cooper of Ye Pyrate Brotherhood, who be hostin' this here Pyrate Festival.

If ye be a willin', go to www.mylitv.com to see some video promos of the festival.

Hope to see all you there...

J.B.H.

Thighbiter- question about the "free fire zone". What are the powder regs, safety regs, etc.? Who is doing weapons inspections, are we maintaining standard 18th C standards regarding cartridge construction, loads, ringing barrels, and safety zones? For the cannon, same thing? If you need, I've been artillery and musket safety officer for a number of groups for 20 years. I understand you worked with one of my gun captains, Duncan McGuyver, at Baltimore, so you know what sort of things we work with.

Free fire zone just sounds like a recipe for disaster unless carefully moderated and controlled.

Hawkyns

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Holy crap, 10k attendance!!! That would be awesome! I'm so proud to be part of this!

The Midnight Rose

10K would be a tremendous turnout for a first run event. I was originally hoping for half that at best.

Has any sort of program or detailed list of each day's events been developed as of yet? I am just really excited and looking for more infomation to muse over.

Darrike

"No Profit Grows Where is No Pleasure Taken."