"Pirate Chic"

Lady Alyx

I was cruising through the net looking at different kinds of pirate hats and stumbled upon this. I think this looks very sexy indeed!!!!

pirate chic

I found more from the same designer - same theme

Pirate chic

and...

Pirate chic

and... check out the see through bride's dresses including cig's...lol

pirate chic etc

more views

pirate chic etc 2

verdy4-7276.jpg

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

Almost brings new meaning ta walkin the plank eh.

Colors of the Sea Nymph

PirateFlagAxesig.jpg

"Let's drink a Damn to the Halter, lads, and them that lives to wear it"--Bartholomew Roberts

"You are a devilish conscience rascal, I am a free prince, and I have as much authority to make war on the whole world, as he who has a hundred sail of ships at sea, and an army of 100,000 men in the field; and this my conscience tells me: but there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure."--Sam Bellamy

Oh, dear God! ;)

If I could pull off a good piratey look of what I'd have in mind, I wear it. Generally, denims and decorated pants (tastefully decorated in Baroque and Roccoco designs in rhinestones, embroidery, etc) with a belt that looked at least somewhat elegantly period with or without a sash. Or maybe just the sash. With a shirt that at LEAST resembles the period in some fashion, perhaps a vest in a wesket style or a wasitcoat tastefully styled, coats would look nicely done. I've a duster that I've turned the cuffs up. Kinda looks piratey.

Jewelry (not too overdone, etc)... hair in a good style, could wear beads.

well, you get the picture.

Would look NOTHING like that shown above! Guaranteed!

It's no fair that wee girls only wear the lavish looking jeans that are way cool!

~Lady B

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I'm a bit disappointed. If they're gonna go that route and pillage fashion from a previous era at least don't use camo.... I'd take the piratey stuff HildeKitten has shown on the pub over most of what Galtier just showed.... ;)

Conceptual Simplicity, Structural Complexity, Achieves a Greater State of humanity.

;)

ewww..... at least our wardrobes will be more, more... (as Mr. Gibbs would say) piratey.    :o

Oh, I don't know...

The black hat (wit' dirk) on this link, has Herself written all over it.

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/collecti.../thumb/JPGAULTI

Oh well, Okay....

A long as there is weaponry involved ;)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Yeah, but the "waif on heroin" look isn't selling it for me.  Get some REAL women to model pirate fashions!QUOTE]

Glad I'm not the only one who thought they should feed those poor starving wenches!LOL!

Black Anne Roberts

From the great white north..looking for warmer climes

I think they use the size -0 models as walking manequins so to speak, also they use less fabric... :blink:

I agree the camoflauge is kinda yeck, but envision it in a material you would like. These are just designers art designs, they don't go into actual manufacturing, but they do inspire the designs. So be happy if for Spring 2008 we see some piratey influence. Just think of those large belts they have out now, some of them almost look like corset's. Hey now, they can promote those big faux tricornes if they want, all the better for us....WINK B)

Lady Alyx

My wife's Hollywood breeches are a pair of Liz Clairborne drop-font trousers she had hemmed, button holes added to the leg, and fancy buttons. She also picked up a jacket from Target that looked like a gunner's jacket. So far we've seen pants and some tops that seem to be inspired by the GAoP... They said Capt. Jack was everywhere, even women's clothing!

Which brings up another point, when do the guys get some good GAoP inspired clothing... instead of the garb we pull together? Just doesn't seem fair :blink:

Conceptual Simplicity, Structural Complexity, Achieves a Greater State of humanity.

If they made GAOP authentic women's clothing, you'd see the models wearing mantuas and stays...

And it's not so much that these girls are so thin (although they are too thin...) but that they look so unhealthy and wan. They don't look strong enough to hold up a small knife much less a sword. If you're going to feature thin models, have them show a bit of vitality, at least.

RHJMap.jpg

I doubt that they are every going to use heavier models, unless that is what is required. (Been watching those Model shows on cable, and it is what the client wants or needs.) I just looked at the accessories page and yeah that dirk through the hat looks cool. I am glad Tyra put on some weight to show a bit of meat still looks sexy.

Lady Alyx

Everything is too weird nowadays.

But, true, Pogue. You poor gents don't have much to wear that would be considered piratey.

I guess a start for ye men... use haversacks (decorated or plain) and CORRECT the idiots who would call them Man Purses! :blink:

Aye, that camo tricorn was just beyond corny!

Art?!? HA! Far from it! Art was the attire of the 17th and 18th century. Look at the fancy embroidery and workmanship that just astounds me still! Gorgeous stuff!

Today... NOT EVEN CLOSE!! It's made crappy, cheap or not.

~Lady B

B)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

OOhhhh now GAOP inspired for men..mmmm that would be a treat!

I gotta say the period coats and the shirts for men are my favorite.

I have recently found a pair of mock drop front pants in a nice twill and some cool high waitsed ones with buttons as well.

I also have just gone and sewn buttons on the cuffs of cutoffs and added a ribbon to a very period inspired cotton blouse. The stuff here.... well. There was some cool stuff last year..but $230 for a ripped button down is too much for me. I'll make my own thank you.

and yeah. Curves are better says I. :lol:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

I have seen recently since I have been researching shaping my new tricorne that they also fashion straw hats into tricornes...now that would be a nifty look for summer. Use a big hat pin with a pearl on it or some beachy nautical piratey theme and bang you have a winner hat for the summer that people I would think would oggle over. When I run into that pic again I will post.

Lady Alyx

You could probably go with a hat like this and fold the front up and stick thru with a very large hat pin adorned as you suggest

http://www.top-hats.com/2688.htm

Hats are so cool... I love hats.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...