Scarlet's Mid-Winter Renaissance Festival | Oklahoma City, OK

Blackbead

Scarlet's Mid-Winter Renaissance Faire - check out www.scarletfest.com for more info.

Scarlet's has come and gone for it's fourth year and this one was a right joy to attend! The facility has a way to go but it provides all of the necessary walls, roof, bathrooms and heating necessary to make this a fun, safe, and memorable event. I was talking to one of the owners and she told me that the owner of the Historic Farmer's market has been doing well enough that he's going to put in brand new bathroom facilities! There's a real bar, dance floor and stage upstairs and that made the Masked Ball a very lively event indeed! There were over two dozen merchants, which is a lively number in this venue but there was room for more. I was in the booth most of the time but there were some great performances by some of the real cream of the pirate performer crop - THe Bilge Pumps, The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, and more - and there were belly dancers, mermaids, and even a Celtic dance troop! This is a small but VERY promising faire that fills int he gap during the deep winter here in the Heartlands (of course, it hit 65 degrees on Saturday but who's counting!) I will definitely be attending this faire every year from now on and I invite everyone else to attend as well!

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Blackbead,

It was truly a joy to see you and Cpt. Jasper once more; it had been far to long my friends since our last meeting. What a joy to have the priviledge of setting up next to you as well. Perhaps we of the pirate quarter should get together for next year's faire and see how much more 'Pirattude' we can bring to our corner of the faire??? :lol:

Until the next time our paths cross, may your rum n'r run dry and your chests be full!

Fair Seas my friends,

Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

Hmmm, now that be an idea that I think has true merit! And it would be a lot of fun, too!! I'm sure that Robert and Angela would have no problem with us setting up adjacent to each next year and there are LOTS of things we could do to act up, so to speak. I am in totally agreement with you and wish you and yours the very best - Captain Jasper and I are talking about coming up for Muskogee just to wander about. Perhaps we'll cross paths there . . .?

That would be wonderous! If things stay the same, we'll be invading the 2nd weekend of Muskogee. That would be wonderous fun to meet up with you an' Cap'n Jasper!

I am in agreement, I don't think Robert or Angela would have issue with our thoughts about the pirate quarter. It would definately make that corner a lively one!

Until next time,

Fair Winds my friends

Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

Is the second weekend Pirate weekend this year at OKC? I will at this point once again be attending as a patron. I recently parted ways with the singing group.

The Twisted Blades had a good time at Scarlett's this year doing our...."original"(Muhahaha argh!) show Whose Pirate Is It Anyway hahaha. :(

And watch out for The Blue Phantom! Not everyday a Pirate Superhero is born.

• 11 months later...

www.Scarletfest.com

Come join the festivities in Oklahoma City! The crew of the Adventure will be setting sail soon! We're stowing gear and plunder in the ship in preparation for the voyage and the merriment! And this year, not only will we be selling the most beautiful plunder in the world but we'll also be hosting ye all at "Devil's Tavern"! Come out and sing some songs with us and be prepared to hear riveting tales of the sea! Check out the website above and come join us!

Blackbead

January 24th & 25th 2009: Scarlet's Mid-Winter Renaissance Festival

Oklahoma City, OKLAHOMA

Times: 10-6:00 on Saturday with a Masked Ball from 9:00- Midnight; 10-6:00 on Sunday. 

Location: At the Historic Farmer's Market and Event's Center! 311 S. Klein Ave Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73108 

Step back in time at the Historic Farmer's Market Event Center with two and a half floors of Food and Entertainment from the days of Yore. Step through the doors into a village-like downstairs setting, move upstairs where you are greeted by cherub figures above each door or take the elevator. Drink and Dine at the historical bar 1930's Deco Bar, dance in the ballroom with it's 15' windows as they let in the moonlight at the Masked Ball and be merry among our growing list of vendors and participants. See our pirate's cove, the belly dancers and more at Scarlet's Mid-Winter Renaissance Festival! We are happy to announce that we will have a special Pirate/Lolita Tea Party during the Festival. It's a Captain's Tea! Teas, Treats, Snacks and fun will be enjoyed with Captain Ruthless for an additional $3.00 charge. This will take place at 4:00 in the cottage. So bring your crew! We are introducing a new "Pirate Viewing Room." Tired of walking around? Got a little while before the next show you want to catch? Need a place to rest and get off your feet for a bit? Why not watch a Pirate movie while you do? We will even have Sword Fighting Demo Classes and a few informative Renfair/Pirate lectures on costuming and character development.

Free Shuttle bus and directed parking for merchants, performers and guests. Ticket information: Children ages 5-12, Senior, Military and Special Guests $7.00. One day admission for adults $11.00. Children under 5 are free. Masked Ball Tickets: $18.00 per ticket. Ball includes: Food, Drink, Entertainment and Special Storyline Developments! Weekend Pass, including Masked Ball Tickets: $34.00 per ticket ($40.00 Value). Merchants and Performers show your badge for discounted Ball Admission of $10.00

--Jamaica Rose

Editor of No Quarter Given - since 1993

http://www.noquartergiven.net/

"Bringing a little pirate history into everyone's life"

Find No Quarter Given

... on Facebook: facebook.com/noquartergiven

... and on Twitter: @NoQuarterGiven

Ahoy, one and all!

The fifth annual Scarlet's Mid-Winter Renaissance Faire has come and gone! It is sad to think that I will have to wait another year to sail up to OKC and experience this great little faire full of laughter, friends, and a great way to start off the New Faire Year! Thanks to everyone that made this such a fantastic event this year but special thanks to the Ladies of the Salty Kiss for making our crew feel so much at home in their "palace." And thank you, thank you, thank you to Scarlet and Angela for being such great hosts! We WILL be back next year!