Johnny Depp - American Gangster

Cheeky Actress

Well, it looks like Johnny is stepping out of Pyrate Character and into the 1930s Gangster Mode!

The film he is doing is called, "Public Enemies" based on the book by

Bryan Burrough of the same name. It is scheduled for release in 2009.

The story is about the Feds who try to take down notorious American gangsters John Dillilnger, Baby Face Nelson and Pretty Boy Floyd during a booming crime wave in the 1930s.

I understand they are looking for vintage cars of the time period - hmm...have to call Master March to see if he'd like to lend his car to the movie!

Johnny will be in Wisconsin from April until the end of June (whereabouts unknown - of course) but wouldn't it be grand to have him make a guest appearance at Port Washington Pyrate Feast 2008?!

Though I may be dreaming....GOSH! It would be nice.

;):o:o

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

From what I've red, Johnny isn't much on fawning crowds. My guess would be if he'd a mind to attend the festival, he'd do so incognito.

This is what I have read as well.

If he had a mind too, I think he could come to many a pyrate event dressed in full Capt. Sparrow costume and have nobody realize that this Capt. Sparrow was the "real" Capt. Sparrow. Meaning that he could be incognito by dressing as his most famous character. Wonder if he'd win the look alike constest? :P:P

-Greydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

:P Yeah, and if you did recognize him, gave him a little wink and nod, but didn't give it away so as to respect his privacy and the joke, then you'd go back to tell your friends you saw Jack Sparrow and they'd all roll their eyes and say,

"Right, which one? There's ten of them wandering around."

"No, no, I saw the real one."

"The real one wearing the red polyester frock coat and fright wig on his chin, or the one wearing the green coat, pleather belt and dollar-store sword, or the ten year old boy who has the walk down cold?"

"No, the real one. Jonny Depp's Jack Sparrow."

By this time they are all walking away shaking their heads, mumbling, "Now we know why the rum's gone."

:P:P:P

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I will have to tell me dad about the up and coming movie Johnny is making. He loves the gangland time period. One of his favorite eras. Thanks Cheeky for the info.

And I will have to tell one of my best friends, as well cause, she too enjoys that time period as well. Besides she has an uncle that was an infamous gang member of that time. Now how cool is that??

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

• 3 weeks later...

Oy, dear God, Johnny's in the region. Run for cover!

I can just hear all th' girls now screaming over Johnny.

Don't blame th' poor man for wanting to keep secret.

I guess if we see some chaos and mayhem (LOL, yeah, I know, MORE chaos and mayhem, worse than the tornado) at Port Wash... we know who's in town, then.

Rather spooky though, wouldn't you think?

I don't know how many museums are up there, but Old Threshers in Mt Pleasant Iowa has quite a collection of cars. All running. Some owned privately, some owned by the Old Threshers Foundation.

Ahhh... how I LOVE them cars. Love the steam engines even more so! Especially when you walk away from them looking like a dalmation! :ph34r:

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

This just in...one of our crewe has an old vintage car (1929-30) that was just painted by a friend. I think he mentioned that they wanted to use him and the car for the movie, American Gangster...but he made it clear that he was 'way too busy to be in the movies.'

Member of "The Forsaken"

Mr. March is way too busy... can't imagine why!? :lol:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• 4 weeks later...

My dad met Johnny...Mr. Dillinger that is. He had a beer with him at a joint in Chicago.

I've been researching my dad's early years and lucked out with someone in Chicago just recently. Wish my dad was here. He was in awe of Dillinger-everyone was during those years.

I had my bags packed to go to Madison but had to change my plans. I could still go to Chicago but there will be too many fans there. The smaller towns would make the perfect setting to meet Johnny.

He's just the greatest...

kttcsignature.jpg

Oshkosh, WI City Council Heads have approved the permits for the filming of "Public Enemies" in April of 2008.

Lots of prepping going on for the seven to ten days of shooting there. Looks like streets will be blocked off, traffic rerouted, some changes to store fronts and the removal of a few obnoxious street lights (stop-&-go lights for you here in the midwest) to make the setting more period-correct.

I hope to visit the 'cafe' there next month and see if I can't get a glance at the 'shy' actor.

Member of "The Forsaken"

• 3 weeks later...

Update....Monday Morning, 10:34 am on April 14, 2008

Oshkosh Streets are filled with Gangsters!

Shooting literally began in downtown Oshkosh this morning. The area where the Public library is located (Next to the Masonic Temple) was the scene of some pretty heavy gun fire when Johnny Depp himself stood upon the hood of an old 1930s Ford and took aim at some Feds.

Can you just imagine working near that scene?

In your office, typing away, and talking on the phone with a Client when you hear Tommy guns go off in front of your office window.

“That?” You say to your client on the phone, “Oh, that’s just a little gun fire. Johnny Depp is just having a moment.”

Member of "The Forsaken"