Hoist the colors

HanaRead

i think it's mandatory for all pirates to have seen pirates of the caribbean! lol who loves the song from the 3rd one?

i think its awesome :huh:

annebonny2tz2.jpg

"Life's pretty good. And why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all."

Aye, lass, it is indeed a grand tune! I also like "One Day" from the same soundtrack...that's me own personal favorite. :ph34r:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Oddly enough, this song was easier to memorize than any other.

I've the lyrics and constantly find myself singing it now and then.

So, anyone who sees me at some event... don't be surprised if you might hear me sing "Hoist The Colours".

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Aye, people do love it.

It was requested this past weekend at the Whale and Ale sing along down in San Pedro and our little troupe, Port of New Providence, has a very good rendition.... :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Yeah, it's one of those songs that stays inside your head, that's for sure. Right up there with Sams Gone Away, and, And We'll Roll. Listen to any of those just once, and you'll be singing or humming them for days and days. :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

A great one indeed.

Colors of the Sea Nymph

PirateFlagAxesig.jpg

"Let's drink a Damn to the Halter, lads, and them that lives to wear it"--Bartholomew Roberts

"You are a devilish conscience rascal, I am a free prince, and I have as much authority to make war on the whole world, as he who has a hundred sail of ships at sea, and an army of 100,000 men in the field; and this my conscience tells me: but there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure."--Sam Bellamy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...