4th Annual Baltimore Pirate Invasion

crimson corsair

Ahoy you bloody lot. Hoist the Jolly Rogers to the top of the main mast to spread the word about the 4th Annual Baltimore Pirate Invasion and Privateer Day. This years Invasion will be Saturday the 19th of April 1808. It looks to be a full day of pillaging in the streets and a night of plundering to local public houses. Again this year just as in years past we be telling you scurvy Bilge Rats to leave your pistols and sword at home. NO WEAPONS!

The rumors on the air at this time say there will be some tall ships in harbor for you to enjoy as well. There will be Vendors and some shanty singers singing in the square and a costume contest again this year so be sure to wear your best going-a-shore rig this year.

As more information comes in we will be sure to keep you wenches and pirates up to date.

Till then,

Fair winds,

Blender Wench and Crimson Corsair.

http://www.fellspointdevelopment.com/

"No matter where you go. There you are."

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pirates Magazine will be there again this year. I know a few fight masters that will be doing a killer cutlass fight. That alone would make it wurth going. Our crew will be split in half though due to our New Orleans trip but we wish everyone in Baltimore a great time.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

Wow! You had me with keys in hand until the no weapons thing. We don't go anywhere with at least a cutlass - just can't pull off a proper pirate representation disarmed... Think we'll stay in Florida where the weather is warm and we can carry proper arms.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Ok, in all seriousness I can understand the problem with weapons in crowded spaces mixed with the possibility of alcohol consumption... for the public at large. Thus, if we are being invited to attend as "the public at large" that's one thing. However, if we are being invited to attend as reenactors, that's another thing.

So Crimson, are you saying you are looking for reenactors to fill out your numbers, or are you letting us know there's a pirate festival in Baltimore, and we're invited to come see it?

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Ok, in all seriousness I can understand the problem with weapons in crowded spaces mixed with the possibility of alcohol consumption... for the public at large. Thus, if we are being invited to attend as "the public at large" that's one thing. However, if we are being invited to attend as reenactors, that's another thing.

So Crimson, are you saying you are looking for reenactors to fill out your numbers, or are you letting us know there's a pirate festival in Baltimore, and we're invited to come see it?

Never had any problems ever with weapons over the last 25 years - big cities, little towns, huge-arse festivals along waterfronts, packed bars of drunks, parks, banks... never once been asked not to carry a weapon and have never had anyone in the public try to pull my sword out or anything. That's as reenactors, entertainers, casual participants, general public and folks who just walk into any public place unannounced to cause mayhem. Sounds a bit sissyfied to have pirates without weapons. Might as well just be the damned aristocrasy and pop around town in silk britches and powdered wigs.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

We aren't quite so lucky here in Maryland. I think too over the years too many idiots have spoiled a good thing. For instance, back in the 80s you could carry weapons to cons and so on no questions asked. Now... not the case.

And I agree... pirates and weapons go hand in hand. Or maybe in just one hand, because you need the other for a bottle of rum.

:lol:

My Home on the Web

True, true. Gots to keep a hand free for the rum.

We just use the "ask forgiveness, not permission" rule and it's worked well. I guess most people figure if we're ballsy enough to walk along a street with the gear that it must be fine to come inside a bar, etc. with them.

Guess that's more reason for those on the East Coast to go to PiP. Weapons welcome... outside of the Green Parrot and the Holiday Parade (long stories).

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

I can carry swords there. :) And Queen Anne's Revenge is in the neighborhood -- good enough reasons right there!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

I'm going with my usual crew. I'm doing it right this year damnit!!!

I'm getting a room and not missing a thing! I've had so much fun the last two years, I'm sure this year will be even better.

John - if you go I'll buy you a rum to make up for the rum you didn't have in Havre de Grace :lol:

Silkie are you going?

Aha!! I KNEW there was something in April....

Maybe I'll order that extra linen after all....

But...no weapons....sucky :lol: Silkie I like your idea lol

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Silky - you going to crew the Nyckel? How excellent is that! See ye aboard at Blackbeard

Mermaid, well The Admiral Fell is the closest and is very nice but is expensive as HELL , plus they want a two night minimum stay, this year.

We are staying at the Best Western Conference center, 2 miles away. Its $119 nite ( AAA rate) and a large pirate contingent from the New England Rennies ( http://nerennes.net )will be staying there too. Hell the after raid party there might be worth looking into!

Crimson - I vote for No Return to the bar what throwed us out last year.

Imagine , not appreciating 100 or so pirates, drinking, singing and carrousing ( I hardly even pinched any waitresses)

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

I am thinking of going and will talk to SeaLegs. Had some fun last year during the day with the bilgerats. Can I suggest something. Last year we waited around for the treasure hunt for the kids. It seems that it was to go off a 3pm if I remember right. At this time a group started singing and then no one knew when the hunt was going to begin. We were there early with the kids. By this time they were getting bored......we left without doing the treasure hunt for the kids. Can this hunt be earlier than 3pm????

Ok, I will get off my soapbox for now.

Rogue, hope to see you there! Sorry we can't hang around for the evening festivities. :huh:

Mad Woman Cheryl

By Odin's mighty spear, I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

OK here we go... The reason we don't want weapons there is NOT because of people here. If this was Blackbeard, PARF,VARF or any other fair that has a gate or entrance or exit that can be monitored and with security, then we would allow it. This is a small area of Baltimore City with tons of pubs and bars for blocks.

It isn't us that have a problem with them. I agree it just "ain't" right of a pirate worth his salt to be seen with out his cutlass and pistol. It is the people who show up in thrift store last minute costumes and flea market sword in his waist band. They are the ones that scare the @#$% out of us. If you have been doing this for a while and show up with steel then why not (some 20 something year old punk instant ass just add rum) show up with a cheap flea market sword with a live blade not be allowed?

It will just take on incident to make the city call this off. Trust me you don't want to be in a bar with a sword hanging off your side bumping and banging into things....it's just not practical.

I wish I could but I don't think I will be able to join in the fun. We have our "Underway Training Sail" for the Kalmar Nykel on 4/19.

Aye, I'm in the same plight as ye, mate. . . . that be PyrateCon weekend and m'pyrate brethren and m'self will be pillagin' in New Orleans all weekend.

About the hotels The Yakees are in town

So now we know who the trouble-makers are...

Donning my fedora, leather jacket, and picking up my bullwhip, and misquoting Indiana Jones, "Yankees fans, I hate those guys."

:ph34r:

Rogue, I think my price has just gone up by another rum.

:ph34r:

My Home on the Web

I wish I could but I don't think I will be able to join in the fun.  We have our "Underway Training Sail" for the Kalmar Nykel on 4/19.

Aye, I'm in the same plight as ye, mate. . . . that be PyrateCon weekend and m'pyrate brethren and m'self will be pillagin' in New Orleans all weekend.

I'm supporting the home team for a change. I've skipped this event in the past because it always conflicted with something. This year, some members of the Pirate Brethren, including myself, were planning on filling out the ranks of the Austrian army at the Siege of Vienna 1683 camp at Marching through Time that day. However, when presented with this, the crew was swayed. So look for us there.

My Home on the Web

We have an update:

Vessles

The Lioness, http://www.youthservicesagency.org/tallship.htm will offer free tours on board all day

Pirate Quest http://www.piratequest.us/ will offer free tours on board all day plus a special musical set by Pirates Royale.

Schooner Woodwind http://www.schoonerwoodwind.com/ will offer sailing cruises at 12, 2, 4 and 6pm, tickets are $30 per person.

Black Eyed Susan http://www.theblack-eyedsusan.com/ will be hosting a “A Wedding of Pirates” cruise from 12-2 and 2:30-4:30 pm. $50 per adult, $30 per child under 12.

Don’t miss the battle at sea for Fells Point in the late afternoon!