"Jack Sparrow" Visits Hospital

blackjohn

Depp... I gotta take my hat off to the guy, not only did he donate $2 million to the hospital that treated his daughter, but he showed up in secret dressed as Jack Sparrow and told stories to kids there. Brings a tear to this old pirates eye...

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...5012974,00.html

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Ahh, how very sweet. What a wonderful person he is for sure. A true gentleman.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

It was probably nice to do the visit without all the media. Just him and kids. B)

Hospital visits are some of my favorite events; although as a parent it can be hard to see these children hooked up to IVs, in wheelchairs, half-sick and hurting.

One visit I was asked to go through the chemotherapy room because I was in Jedi and could navigate between the beds. That was the toughest visit. B)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

In this article I found it also mentions the connection this hospital has to Disney. Goes back to Peter Pan, check it out here in this article:

http://www.looktothestars.org/news/508-joh...ldrens-hospital

Showing up as a character at the children's ward of a hospital is an awesome thing to do. I myself and other friends have done that before in our superhero costumes. It's such a wonderful feeling to do that. The looks on the children is priceless! :huh:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Dood..that was too cool of him.

More who have should follow in his footsteps.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Let me get this straight. The Disney Company bought the rights to peter pan from the hospital and made 'billions' on it and only after Depp gave money, did the Disney company pony up some as well.

Good for Depp. I'm sure it wasn't Disney's idea to pony up as well. Before you start shooting me with yer flintlocks, I'm referring to the Disney Corporation, not Walt Disney the person.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.