Any Pirates coming to LORE this year?

Iron Bess

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eye will be thar...Hopefully with my first Blackpowder gun..

OMG.. thet made sound like such a newb!..LoL.. :lol:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

I saw the post on the Bodhran ya gots yar hands on..

A Beautiful instrument !

My wife just got one so...Mary ( My Wife ) Said she would

like to enroll in your class..

The web site does not have the schedule in a format

I can use..I don't have excel..

Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

Cool!

I'm teaching the begining Bodhran class on Saturday... :ph34r:

(I'll be listening for your shots!)

I just ordered my first Bodhran after about 12 years of going I want one but hey are so expensive. It turns out when you look something up at 16 vs. 28- expensive changes- so as soon as I realized, oh I can buy this without skipping car insurance this month- it was ordered. I just haven't gotten it yet so I have no idea how to play or if I will be any good.

So maybe you'll see me at your class

What time is it on Sat?

"It is more like I am transitioning from a pirate hobby to the pirate lifestyle"- me

pub_footer.jpg

The web site does not have the schedule in a format

I can use..I don't have excel..

The classes are still being scheduled so no times have been posted as of yet.

Fear not... I'm sure they will let me know when they are and I'll give everyone a shout. :blink:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I'll look forwrd to it....

What size of drum did you order? Tunable?

Just curious.... :blink:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

This L.O.R.E. (March 15 and 16) should be a rollicking time, with lots of good opportunity to hone yer pyratical skills. Here's a rough list of classes for L.O.R.E. -- times are being finalized, and there might still be a little juggling, but this is the line up pretty much as it will be:

Saturday - March 15:

--Setting up the Pirate Encampment

--Pirate Dance: Hornpipe, & Jig

--Beginning Drumming: Eastern Styles & Celtic Bodhran (bring your own drum if you have one)

--Navigation in the Age of Discovery & Colonization

Sunday - March 16:

--Pirate Stereotypes: True or False

--What Wenches, Doxies & Female Pirates Wore

--History of Firearms: Matchlocks to Flintlocks

--Beginning Black Powder

--Firing Flintlocks without Blowing Your Hand Off (bring flintlocks & powder if you have them)

--Rum 101 (suggested materials fee donation $5)

--Games Pirates Would Have Played

Hope to see a lot of you sea rovers there.

More info here: http://www.renaissanceinfo.com/lore.html

The schedule posted is still the Oct. 2007 one. I just turned in my schedule list for pirate classes this March, so it might be a few days before they update the class schedule on the website.

Yrs in the Sweet Trade,

--Jamaica Rose

--Jamaica Rose

Editor of No Quarter Given - since 1993

http://www.noquartergiven.net/

"Bringing a little pirate history into everyone's life"

Find No Quarter Given

... on Facebook: facebook.com/noquartergiven

... and on Twitter: @NoQuarterGiven

I'll look forwrd to it....

What size of drum did you order? Tunable?

Just curious.... :lol:

Not tunable, 18" which feels a little large for me but it is pretty and rosewood :)

should I get size smaller that is tunable? I probably should have asked these types of questions before getting one.

"It is more like I am transitioning from a pirate hobby to the pirate lifestyle"- me

pub_footer.jpg

The class schedule for LORE this coming March should be up soon on the site since they sent it to me this afternoon.

We'll be having the beginers Bodhran class at 9:30AM on Saturday the 15th.

Hope to see a Pub member or two... :P

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

The class schedule for LORE this coming March should be up soon on the site since they sent it to me this afternoon.

We'll be having the beginers Bodhran class at 9:30AM on Saturday the 15th.

Hope to see a Pub member or two... :lol:

I hope I can make it out, I'll keep you posted Bess, I will be traveling alone probably and not know anyone else attending. Is it a must I wear garb or can I come in my civvies ?

pub_footer.jpg

I attended the last LORE (and I am helping to teach a class at this one). IMO dress how you are the most comfortable. There were people both in costume and in civies, last time around. It's a very informal learning/sharing information atmosphere.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Aye Iron Bess, new here and strik'n camp just up the coast from Corona. Lake Elsinore be where I spent the weekends fer the last 10 and 7 year, ye probably looked up and taken shot as us on occasion, I be the strange blue an orange albatross off yonder....

This sounds like something I would be interested in, however I not be a 'Reenactor' by trade, more just a fancy of interest and yearnin' fer some learn'in. How does that sit with the coordinators and regular attendees of this group called LORE?

Me clothes I have of linen make, try to avoid 'Halloween shops', however I not be exactly 'authentic' down to every stitch, and I have boots not shoes but shoes do be on me list fer loot'in soon. Me frock however, not to cause offense, I have chosen more the Mickey Bilge Rat style then true period...why? well, just because, fer now at least.

But the black powder and the steel, that be what I wish to learn, and learn in company of the masters.

So what say ye, would a rouge skallywag such as I be welcome at this LORE, er should I look other waters fer the knowledge I seek?

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

So what say ye, would a rouge skallywag such as I be welcome at this LORE, er should I look other waters fer the knowledge I seek?

Hell man, everyone is welcome. :rolleyes:

Just go to the information ite and that should tell you everything you need to know.

http://www.renaissanceinfo.com/lore.html

And Greydog is right... dress is a metter of comfort. No one will toss rocks at you if you come in civies. B)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

And Greydog is right... dress is a metter of comfort. No one will toss rocks at you if you come in civies. B)

eh? So then when ye says 'dress be a metter of comfort' ye still meanin 'dress' as in dress then ye be? So must be either the garb or the civies....k

...supposin be bet'er ta be stoned wit some clothes on then wit'not

:P

*Markin Me Wall! Gonna learnt sumtin I will!!*

:huh::huh::huh:

Eye was thar yesteryear in me pirate -T- and crossbones baseball cap..

Had a good ole' tyme till the winds picked up and blew tha man down!

That Sunday on tha way home was tha beginning of the big Fires eeerr in San Diego.. Had to Drive thru the Smoke and wind on the 15 before they closed it... Winds were 40-60 mph in Corona. Me hopes this year be less weighty in such things. B)

Noquarter2copy.jpg

The wench looked good ta me, good ta me

She look'd like Pyrate Annie after Nine Coronas....

B)

errr, now whar'd that come fr'm? Thar be a banshee on winds t'night thar be!

I plan on being in a dress if Miss Irene is teaching another dance class. Otherwise, I'll be in my slops.

I suggests if ye can, bring yer own chair. You'll be more comfortable than the splintering wooden benches that be there.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the schedule.... :lol:

L.O.R.E. - THE SPRING EDITION****************************Schedules have been finalized for the L.O.R.E. weekend of workshops to be held March 15-16, 2008, in Corona, California.

SATURDAY PIRATE CLASSES--Setting up the Pirate Camp--

Beginning Drumming: Eastern Styles & Celtic Bodhran (bring your own drum if possible)--

Pirate Dance: Part 1 -- Hornpipes--

Navigation in the Age of Discovery & Colonization--

Pirate Dance: Part 2 -- Jigs

SUNDAY PIRATE CLASSES--

Pirate Stereotypes: True or False--

Rum 101 (History and Rum Tasting) $5 donation requested--

Pirate Trivia--History of Firearms: Matchlocks to Flintlocks--

Beginning Black Powder--Firing Flintlocks without Blowing Your Hand Off (bring flintlocks & powder if you have them)--

Games Pirates Would Have PlayedAttendees may select to attend either Renaissance or Pirate classes, or some of both.

After classes on Saturday, join in the Participants Swap Meet (bring items to barter and trade). Attendance fee includes dinner on Saturday evening, followed by a show. On site camping on Fri. and Sat. nights included. Info: The Crossroads Group, P.O.B. 1959 , Corona, CA, 92878-1959, (951) 735-0101Find more info at: http://www.renaissanceinfo.com/lore.htmlClass schedule is posted at: http://www.renaissanceinfo.com/media_files...es/LORE2008.pdf (it's even up to date, .... somewhat)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Winds were 40-60 mph in Corona. Me hopes this year be less weighty in such things. :rolleyes:

Last year the wind blew the door of my vehicle out of my hand and actually bent the hinge and this was on a stong built SUV. I had to take it into the shop becuase it would not close properly. The gusts were very powerful. I think we could be usin less of the hurricane force winds this year....wait, maybe they could add a class on hurricanes just in case? :huh:

-Greydog

P.S. Black Hearted Pearl's suggestion on bring your own chair is a spot on right good idear.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

I am upset, I probably wont be able to go- I ended up calling a drs office that usually has a few months wait and they could get me that Sat morning- and it isn't worth the stress of putting that appointment off. Maybe next time :rolleyes:

pub_footer.jpg

...wait, maybe they could add a class on hurricanes just in case?  :ph34r:

-Greydog

P.S. Black Hearted Pearl's suggestion on bring your own chair is a spot on right good idear.

Hurricane Rum Drinking 101:

Step one: Face into the wind

Step two: Open mouth, close ye eyes

Step three: Hold tankard at arm's length and tip toward face slowly

Step four: Once tankard is empty, fall down

:ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Is this still on?

I sent a check back around the beginning of February and haven't heard anything yet nor has it cleared me bank?